Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

66 olds 442 hardtop automatic project

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:03 AM

66 olds 442 hardtop automatic project

1966 Olds 442 Hardtop, original E block 400, this car is a rather high option car. It has had allot of work done towards a full restoration. The body was removed from the frame and it was completely disassembled and the entire body and body parts was dipped to removed any rust, paint and body filler. All disassembly was documented by hundreds of pictures. THey are on a disc that will go to who ever buys the car. Original options include: AC, power steering, power brakes, bucket seats, floor shift automatic, console, vacumm gauge, power windows, power antenna, 3:23 positraction rearend, tinted glass, and some I am sure I am forgetting. There is lots of parts in boxes and bags. tagged and labled. The frame was also disassembled, blasted and then primed and painted. The rearend was rebuilt and reinstalled with new bushings in the rear boxed control arms and sway bar, the front suspension has been all cleaned painted and reinstalled with new bushings, tie rods, ball joints and a rebuilt steering gear. The body has been cleaned after being dipped and was put in sealer inside and out. The car has been reassembled for transporting. No body work has been done since being dipped. (so you get an honest body no filler) It does have some places that need rust type repair. This car is from Oregon not where salt or other corrosive substances were used. The trunk floor needs replaced, not the drop offs or support structures, the seal lip is bad around the trunk opening but, a complete replacement set is included and has also been dipped, the back glass lower section and area between the trunk opening and back glass also has rust, a new replacement section is included for this area also. the rockers are solid, the wheel wells are solid, the quarters have some pin holes and the front fenders have a few pin holes also. The floors need to have new pans installed, the structure areas are good. The front fenders are original 66 442 fenders with the correct vents, the hood has a little front lip repair needed. it is an original 66 442 hood. not a Cutlass or F-85 hood with holes filled. both bumpers are very good cores but need rechorming. The car was originally Provincial white with Red interior, Interior includes a set of seats, buckets for front. Console is in decent condition, (needs restored) floor shift steering column has been hooked up so it will steer. Door panels are in place, The power window regulators are all included. The trunk is now full of body trim parts and brackets and parts off of the car. Bumpers and gas tank have been installed just for transporting. All glass is good and original tinted glass except there is no windowshield. Car rolls and steers but brakes are not installed. comes with just wheels and tires that hold air. two original type rally 1 wheels and two 70-72 rally 1 wheels are included. the original E block 400 has been bolted in. It has not been started since 1985 when the car was parked. There is a correct type of super turbine 300 trans bolted to the motor and in the car. I have driven the car that trans came out of and it works good. Needless to say this is a project car. Over $2200 was spent just getting the body dipped. Email any questions, or call only between 8 am and 8 pm west coast time lemoldsnut@aol.com 541-279-4363 Thanks Larry $4500 firm on price. I can part it for much more. http://s1327.photobucket.com/albums/...442%20hardtop/

Last edited by lemoldsnut; November 3rd, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: ADDED PHOTOBUCKET
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM

photobucket of pictures has been added
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM

NO LONGER FOR SALE AS A WHOLE CAR. I AM PARTING IT OUT. SO IF YOU HAVE NEEDS CONTACT ME. THANKS LARRY
lemoldsnut@aol.com or call between 8 am and 8 pm west coast time at 541-279-4363 is now posted in parts for sale.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Do you still have the assembled door panels? I made a rookie mistake and discarded my old panels and lost all the pieces to assemble reproductions

Mark
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:55 PM

I sent out the door panels yesterday. I do have 2 parts cars now I will check tomorrow.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Thanks. I will await your reply. I am also looking for a good lower console boot for automatic. They are not to be ound in after market.

Mark
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM

Sorry Mark, that was my last set of 66 door panels. Thanks for asking. Larry