Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

64 Dynamic 88 Conv. Barn Find Not Mine

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2022, 07:29 AM

64 Dynamic 88 Conv. Barn Find Not Mine

Just passing this along, Not Mine, looks pretty good in the pictures.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...427756008.html
Old January 9th, 2022, 09:00 AM

No title. Bill of sale only.
Old January 9th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tri-Carb
No title. Bill of sale only.
That's a shame. Looks like a pretty clean car. I love the vintage bowling ball bag too.

Old January 9th, 2022, 05:59 PM

They don't title cars this old in NY; they use a transferrable registration. So if you get a bill of sale for the purchase its usually just a few extra steps to get a transferrable registration in NY.
Old January 9th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Reinouir
They don't title cars this old in NY; they use a transferrable registration. So if you get a bill of sale for the purchase its usually just a few extra steps to get a transferrable registration in NY.
Interesting. Don't title older cars? So if you take a New York car to a state that requires a title I wonder if you are screwed.
Old January 9th, 2022, 06:44 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Check out the old & simple reg & Insp stickers. The good ole' days.
I'm surprised the underside looks that nice. Price is more than fair too.
Old January 10th, 2022, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Interesting. Don't title older cars? So if you take a New York car to a state that requires a title I wonder if you are screwed.
its a transferable registration. The seller signs the back side of the registration card and that serves the same purpose as the title. I don’t this it’s a problem switching to a title in another state but I’ve never had to do it.
Old January 10th, 2022, 05:17 AM

Accordingly, the seller needs to obtain a transferable registration so there is no later issue for the buyer. Otherwise, a buyer may be purchasing a parts car.
Old January 10th, 2022, 05:20 AM

its a transferable registration. The seller signs the back side of the registration card and that serves the same purpose as the title. I don’t this it’s a problem switching to a title in another state but I’ve never had to do it.
I have successfully done that for a New York vintage car. Same for Alabama as I recall.

But again, a transferable New York registration is not what this particular seller has to consummate a transfer. I suspect he will not be giving a buyer a covenant of title either. All he may have is possession.

Last edited by Tri-Carb; January 10th, 2022 at 05:26 AM.
Old January 10th, 2022, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by tri-carb
accordingly, the seller needs to obtain a transferable registration so there is no later issue for the buyer. Otherwise, a buyer may be purchasing a parts car.
100%
Old January 10th, 2022, 09:01 AM

99% sure in West Virginia, if you don’t have a title, you cannot register the car. Only ones who can get around it are car recycling centers (junk yards) so they can part them out/crush them. Sure each state is unique, but as soon as I see “no title,” I just ignore the ad.
Old January 10th, 2022, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Delmont1968
99% sure in West Virginia, if you don’t have a title, you cannot register the car. Only ones who can get around it are car recycling centers (junk yards) so they can part them out/crush them. Sure each state is unique, but as soon as I see “no title,” I just ignore the ad.

W. Va. Code R. § 91-3-3

If the vehicle, at the time of application for a West Virginia certificate of title, is titled in a jurisdiction which does not have a certificate of title law, a certificate of registration in the applicant's name, or the registered owner's certificate of registration together with a certified bill of sale from such registered owner must accompany the application for a West Virginia certificate of title.

Old January 11th, 2022, 07:07 PM

With the size of that nest in the trunk, i can practically smell the mice from my screen. Ummmmm.....
Old January 11th, 2022, 09:03 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It would be a shame to part this car out but getting a title is going to be a problem. That is unfortunate. More than likely the owner who put it in the barn is deceased based on the 1977 dates of the inspection and registration.
Old June 27th, 2022, 08:49 AM

There are ways to recover from a lost title. Certain states (such as Michigan and Ohio) are relatively easy to get a lost title as long as you follow that state's process.
Old June 27th, 2022, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
It would be a shame to part this car out but getting a title is going to be a problem. That is unfortunate. More than likely the owner who put it in the barn is deceased based on the 1977 dates of the inspection and registration.
When I think of lost title procedures, I generally think of an owner still in esse, who cannot locate his own title, and needs a duplicate to be issued. Until proven otherwise, here, I would assume that the owner is unknown and the seller is simply a person in possession. Generally, a person in possession with no claim of ownership would not have standing to apply for replacement of a lost title.

If you determine that the title holder is deceased, you identify the estate file and have the estate's personal representative ask that the estate be reopened for purposes of conveying title. Some states may also have abandoned personal property statutes that may be applicable.

Last edited by Tri-Carb; June 29th, 2022 at 08:40 AM.