Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1985 Oldsmobile Toronado Caliente

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2023, 03:32 PM

1985 Oldsmobile Toronado Caliente

Some of you may know this car from the posts I’ve made around the forum in recent months. I really did intend on keeping it for a long time. Our 1 year old recently had to undergo kidney surgery, and is going to have another here soon. Money has become increasingly tight lately, and thus the first thing to go will be the third car Aka the family fun summer cruiser. I purchased this from a 92 year old fellow vet a few blocks away from me. Saw it while on a run. He bought it from what he told me was the second owner, but had never registered it in his name, weirdly. He owned a shop that worked on semi trucks and this car was his daily driver (his shop was about a mile from his house, hence the low mileage). His wife recently passed away and he was selling all 6 of his cars. Jag’s, Mercedes’, a Cadillac Allante and this. The olds had some things that needed addressing but really nothing major. I’ve done all of the necessary things to bring it to daily driver mechanical quality. There’s a few things I’ll list below that prevent it from being a concourse example. But it’s ready to be enjoyed by its next owner daily or occasionally. Bums me out to have to do this, but family and children come first and I’m grateful to have an asset to liquidate to assist us.

On to the car…

Top-trim Caliente Model. 1 of 7,342 made. Very easy and cheap to maintain. No leaks. Have service records, car has been repainted and re-upholstered by p/o.

Past 6mo maintenance:
New Master cylinder/brake fluid flush
New Shocks front and rear
New swaybar bushings
Fresh oil change
Air filter
Battery
Spark plugs
Alternator/belt
Smog pump belt
New flowmaster flow fx muffler (sounds very close to OEM)

Have some extra new parts to go with as well. Misc moog suspension bits. Brake pads and rotors are in great shape. I’d say 80% all around. Tires are a bit older, but sitting at about 7/32 all around. (We have a moist climate here)

Oregon SP plates means no smog tests ever and permanent registration no stickers or front plate required (This is an Oregon thing).

Quirks:
Speakers inoperative/power antenna doesn’t go up. I have a Bluetooth speaker in the glovebox which actually works perfectly well for me. I’m sure a car audio person could sort out the factory radio without much issue.

A/C needs recharging with R12 or conversion to R134. Current system has been emptied of Freon so next owner can choose their own adventure.

Plastic bumper fillers have cracks.

Sunroof Interior panel upholstery is sagging. Personally I have it slid back permanently, and enjoy the natural light. Should be a small job for such a small panel. Also, I have never opened the sunroof. It doesn’t leak, so I leave it alone. That’s my m.o. with old cars. Previous owner said the same thing.

that’s really it. it starts runs and drives beautifully. Digital dash works perfectly. Complements are a constant everywhere I take it. Dashboard is crank free and pristine.

Car is garaged in Tigard, OR. I will post a video tour/drive soon for interested parties. Clean title is in my name. Currently at 77k miles. Will post more pics.

asking $10,500 obo

devingorsage@gmail.com

Last edited by mrtoronadoman; September 1st, 2023 at 06:03 PM.
Old September 1st, 2023, 02:33 PM

First, so very sorry to hear about your child. Hope everything turns out ok.
Do you know why it was re-upholstered & painted? Do you have more pics of the interior & trunk so one can see what it looks like.
Thanks. God bless your family at this time.
Old September 1st, 2023, 03:17 PM

Beautiful Oldsmobile & GLWS! I hope your son is on the mend.🙏
Old September 1st, 2023, 04:54 PM

More pics as requested. Also, price lowered to 9k for a forum member discount.
Old September 1st, 2023, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by supremecpe
First, so very sorry to hear about your child. Hope everything turns out ok.
Do you know why it was re-upholstered & painted? Do you have more pics of the interior & trunk so one can see what it looks like.
Thanks. God bless your family at this time.
pictures posted. I am not sure why it was repainted or reupholstered. It was done by the second owner. I bought it from the third all I was told is that the second owner had bought it from the original as a father and son project, then he fell ill, and they sold it to the gentleman I bought it from, who again, never bothered to transfer the title into his name, so on paper I am the third owner.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 08:24 PM

Update. Car was accepted to be auctioned on carsandbids.com so I will include a link to the auction once it goes live. Thank you for the kind wishes. Fingers crossed it goes to a good home for a fair number.
Old September 14th, 2023, 04:44 PM

Link to auction

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3pB...ampaign=button