Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1979 Oldsmobile Holiday 88

Old April 23rd, 2015, 08:32 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

1979 Oldsmobile Holiday 88

Gonna give this car one last chance to sell before I part it out.

It is a 1979 Oldsmobile Holiday 88 with a rebuilt Oldsmobile engine, bucket seats, rally wheels, all that good nonsense.

Runs and drives, clean title. Transmission seems to shift like it should, haven't taken it far 'cause I don't have it titled or anything.

No keys, ignition switch has been removed, trunk lock was busted out, passengers side door has some damage where someone tried to bust out that lock.

$800, firm, that's what the engine and trans are worth.

If the car does not sell, I will part it out, plain and simple, I have lost interest in it, and clearly no one cares about the late 70's cars, or much from the 70's at all. I can use the engine in a rat rod I want to build, I need a fender, can part out the rest, or sell it, don't really care which. I have lost interest completely and want to move onto another project.

PM me if interested.

Pics (The thumbnail will link you to more images):

Last edited by Dead Reckon; May 25th, 2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old May 25th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Bumping this since I've changed my mind and am trying to sell the car before I gut it.
Old May 26th, 2015, 07:06 AM

Hello, Are you on ebay? Wish i could get some parts of it.
Old May 26th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Rocket "Scientist"

Not on Ebay, sorry, I'm gonna give the car about another week, then we'll see. International shipping will be expensive man, PM me the parts you want, I'll let you know something by Saturday. But that is an idea, guess I could throw it on Ebay and see what happens.

Last edited by Dead Reckon; May 26th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old May 29th, 2015, 01:09 PM

I was excited to see the red interior in this car and was going to PM you "I want the red (plastic) imitation stitched leather covers off the door pulls" for my 77 Pace Car - but I looked again and your car doesn't appear to have door pulls at all.

Were no door pulls a Holiday 88 thing? Or is that a base model D88 thing? The two '84s I owned were both Royale Broughams, and the Pace Car is a Royale...

If it does get parted - is there a trip odometer in the speedo? MPH only?
Old May 30th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Originally Posted by ReallyWildStuff
I was excited to see the red interior in this car and was going to PM you "I want the red (plastic) imitation stitched leather covers off the door pulls" for my 77 Pace Car - but I looked again and your car doesn't appear to have door pulls at all.

Were no door pulls a Holiday 88 thing? Or is that a base model D88 thing? The two '84s I owned were both Royale Broughams, and the Pace Car is a Royale...

If it does get parted - is there a trip odometer in the speedo? MPH only?

Not really sure, neither of my Delta's have them, the Holiday or the Delta, I've never seen them in a 77-79 Delta either. The 80's models had them, however, pace car may be different, seeing as it's a Royale. Both of my cars are basically, well, base models.

I really wish I could just sell the whole car, it's really worth it, it's a solid runner. Brakes, a carburetor, tires, and a little piddling work and she'd be road worthy. I'm not sure the future of this car, but I'm tempted to do something that may have people hating me. I'll just say the Apocalypse is calling.