Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Cutlass S

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM

1972 Cutlass S

I have a 1972 Cutlass S that I have been sitting on, in my garage for 5 or more years. I bought it from a guy in Georgia with the intent on making a cruiser/occassional drag strip car. I just never got around to working on it.

When I bought the car, the seller gave me the new front and rear bumpers he had purchased for the car. I have hung the front bumper, but have not swapped out the rear, it is still in its packaging.

It has very good interior, the head liner is currently out of the car (but I have the bows, etc.) There is some rust in all the normal spots, but nothing crazy, all very manageable. Additionally, in the picture you can see the front passenger side fender has a dent in it where someone hit something...I dont know if that can be repaired or if a new fender would be required.

When I bought the car, the guy had a bunch of A/C stuff he had just ordered, and I still have it all in a box, not sure how much of it is good or not now that it has been sitting so long.

It has a 350 2-barrel motor, with a 3 speed automatic. It does run, and move under its own power...but it is rough, definately needs a full tune up (and removal of the old gas.) And the brakes are sticky, Im sure just need to be bled and new springs for the drums.

I am looking for $2800 for the car and everything that goes with it. It does not have a title, but in the state of Florida (and I assume other states) a title is not required on vehicles 20 years and older as long as you have a bill of sale and previous registeration paperwork, which I have.

I have more pictures available, and can take more if needed. You can contact me with questions at david (at) suncoastlink.com. I will give you my phone number via email.

Car is located in Panama City, Florida

Thanks!

Last edited by dodaniel; April 24th, 2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM

I forgot to mention, the previous owner kept a journal of work done to the car, and it covers everything back into the early 80s (dont think it goes back to the 70s, been a while since I looked through it.)

It mentions that it was repainted, and has had the original motor rebuilt that is in the car.

OH, and as I said, the car cranks, and runs...NO smoke.
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Sharp car. Good luck.
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM

Nice car. Good luck selling it.
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:28 AM

2800 THATS A STEAL!!! if i didnt have one id be all over this.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Thanks guys! Just trying to get the word out...need the space for another project.
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
dar83501

nice looking Cutlass, good luck on your sale.

Old April 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM

Also wanted to add, I an open to trades. (Specially pickup trucks)
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Had a couple of people asking for more pictures. Went by the shop today and took these...I posted them on my webspace to make it a little easier to navigate. Take a look at: http://suncoastlink.com/cutlass/