Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1969 442 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2012, 07:36 AM

1969 442 For Sale

I have had a rough 6 months with some health issues resulting in a couple of months of lost wages. Now spring has come very early in Alberta & the Rigs are all racking for break-up leaving me with no work for a month or two.

As a result I need to thin out my collection. Having three 1969 442s I have decided to let this car go.

Asking price is $12,950.00 but open to reasonable offers.

For Sale add here

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ362271923

more photos here

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...is%2069%20442/

Not looking for online appraisals from fellow forum members. If you think the price is too high that is fine....don't buy it.

Not interested in trades as I already own two other 1969 442s & numerous others but reasonable offers are always welcome. Can deliver to MT border or deliver in AB, SK or BC for reasonble price.

If you want to discuss the car PM me your phone # & I will call you.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:57 AM

still 4 sale

bump

jeepers.....170 views & not one comment.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM

your "not looking for on line appraisals line and if it too high dont buy it " sort of shut the door on comments " ?? Nice looking car I like the color. But money is tight all over im surprised to see so many nice cars that are not selling on ebay and craigslist. Good luck .
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM

more

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
your "not looking for on line appraisals line and if it too high dont buy it " sort of shut the door on comments " ?? Nice looking car I like the color. But money is tight all over im surprised to see so many nice cars that are not selling on ebay and craigslist. Good luck .
The words were chosen very carefully. Many of the car forums have their resident "appraisers" who can not resist commenting on the price of a for sale item. In fact if you offered them it for free they would ask for compensation to haul it away. I think you know the type.

I like the color too...1 year only color. Tahitian Turquios.

I have some local interest in the car & a person in Calgary on business from Toronto is coming to see the car at the end of the week.

This one has to go as these two are waiting in the wings.

Old March 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM

WOW!!! plus the old GMC in the back ground .
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Got the (fwd) of your email from Ken Pilidis (NLCO) a while back and looked up the car. The email didn't say where the car was so it was guesswork on which kijiji site you were on. Glad you posted it here.
You have a nice collection of 69's. Sorry to hear about the health issues - hope you get better. Are you by chance going to bring any of them to the Rocket Roundup in July? I will be honest and let you know I'm not in the market to buy right now, but I'm always in the market to admire.
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM

Nice set of 442s you have there! Sorry to hear about the health issues. Its too bad that you have to thin out the herd. I see in your sig it says you have a w-30. Care to post some pics? My cars factory color is radiant green, would love too see it!
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 4424me
Nice set of 442s you have there! Sorry to hear about the health issues. Its too bad that you have to thin out the herd. I see in your sig it says you have a w-30. Care to post some pics? My cars factory color is radiant green, would love too see it!

I've got to second the Radiant Green! I've loved that color since I first saw it in 1972.

Here's a picture that I found linked from the color site I use.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2010/12/29/restored-olds-rolls-home-top-honors/
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM

my cars

I will start a new thread in the Newbie section tomorrow & post pics of my various cars & my Olds powered GMC.

I had 13 cars a few years ago & have owned seventy-eight since 1989.

There are 7 left plus the truck. I moved off an acreage a while back & started thinning them out in anticipation of having less space to store them.

I am not done buying....I still want to aquire a 73 V code car & a 73-74 Omega....lots of time left for those in the future but for now the 442s that I have is plenty to keep me busy.
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM

The pics of the cars you posted look like they have already had the work needed done to them!
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:36 PM

more

Originally Posted by 4424me
The pics of the cars you posted look like they have already had the work needed done to them!
I meant keep me busy in terms of driving & enjoying them....not restoring them.
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM

well in that case you have alot of enjoying to do! they both look great!
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM

pics

Pics of my fleet here for those that wanted to see them.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...obiledave.html
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:02 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave

Thats quite the collection! Love the silver 69 442. Especially love the giant garage you have! My 2 car garage limits me quite a bit. Especially when the wife demands her car gets a spot.
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM

How is the exchange rate from canada to Us ? Is it harder to get a car from canada or bring into canada?
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM

Fyi

How is the exchange rate from canada to Us ? Is it harder to get a car from canada or bring into canada?
US dollar & Canadian dollar are worth the same for the past few months so the price is the price regardless of the currency.

Importing the car is a matter of a few forms & a title at the border 72 hours prior to importing it. No big deal. I have done it when I brought a 73 Cutlass 4 speed car into Alberta from Montanna & it has been done by others 10s of thousands of times.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

US dollar & Canadian dollar are worth the same for the past few months so the price is the price regardless of the currency.
The past few months? Try the last 2 1/2 years! That's one of the things that still sticks in my craw about buying cars today. An identical Buick Lucerne will cost 33,500.00 here in Canada and in the US it's 25,800.00. Economists said (back a couple years ago) that the ecomony needed stabilization for at least a year to bring the prices down. BS. Just words. Also called Legal Industrial and Marketable Financial Rape. Sorry, back to your thread; hope you get your ask in $C or $US.

At least one nice thing about selling the car is you don't get involved with GST and Sales taxes!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM

More info & pics

Getting some interest in the car. I added some pics.

Note this car sat in storage for about 5 years. The brake pedal is very week. I suspect the brakes need a 4 corner bleed & probably wheel cylinders.

The car needs a new carpet & underlay, a windshield & a good cleaning in the engine bay. There is a single rip in the headliner along a seam over the rear passenger seat.

Exhaust is old & the exhaust tips are missing. Rear bumper needs a press & chrome.

The trans leaks at the pan from sitting. The 455 runs fine but I need to chase down some vacuum leaks when time allows. A new timing chain was put in along with a rear main seal prior to installing in the car. Engine has about 100,000 miles on it.

Again thanks for comments & interest. Cash talks.....spring is coming & I am open to REASONABLE offers.

Rember you get the original transmission & engine with the car. This is still a #s matching car with those in hand. I was told by the previous owner that the 400 develped a rod knock so he pulled it. Trans is also original & was working fine when pulled.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:23 AM

price reduced

Heading home to Alberta today after 3 weeks at our place on the BC Coast.

Time to get this car sold. Price reduced to $12000.00.

Numerous people waiting to see the car this week. Fingers Crossed.

Someeone come & get her.

Bump & thanks.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM

I know times are tough and I for one don't really have a pot 2 P!$$ in but I can't believe this car isn't sold yet, seems like a fair price and a gorgeous car - good luck with the sale.
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM

sold a '69 442...just not the one I expected.

Well the world is a strange place....a fellow came out to look at the Turquois 1969 442 & although he liked it well enough he fell in love with my Pewter 1969 442.

This morning the phone rings & this gentleman informs me that he would like to make an offer on the Pewter car.....although I was not trying to sell it I decided to listen.....long story short the Pewter car is sleeping in a new garage tonight. I miss that car already but had to sell it due to personal reasons.

Bump up for the Turquois car...still for sale.

seventy new pics added to the photobucket...have a look. This is a good car for someone.

The odometer reads 79500 mi for those who car about these things.

$12K firm.

thanks for reading

David

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; May 4th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Congrats on the one sale Dave. Hope the turquoise gets the home your trying to find for it. I can only imagine what it feels like to sell off your treasures. Hang in there!
BTW, if it hasn't sold by July, why don't you bring it to the Rocket Round Up in Olds and try to sell it there? Not too far from you and it would be great for some of our local members to meet you in person. You might end up having to take a Greyhound home.....
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:43 PM

thanks

Originally Posted by Allan R
Congrats on the one sale Dave. Hope the turquoise gets the home your trying to find for it. I can only imagine what it feels like to sell off your treasures. Hang in there!
BTW, if it hasn't sold by July, why don't you bring it to the Rocket Round Up in Olds and try to sell it there? Not too far from you and it would be great for some of our local members to meet you in person. You might end up having to take a Greyhound home.....
I have attended the Olds Round Up show many times with various cars I have owned. I will be there if I am not on a Rig drilling an oil well. Likely bring the Gold 442 this time around.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM

wow, I really like the color your 442 that has not sold yet. I would snap it up in a heartbeat as I think your price is fair. Don't be discouraged by the lack of responses as I think( based on my experience listing my car) that the current economy has less people in the buying mood. That rare color and the overall shape of the car will eventually sell itself. Did some consulting in Alberta 2 years ago, what a beautiful place. Good luck on the sale.
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:23 AM

Still Available Final Price Recuction

I still have this car. Can not believe that only 1 person came to see the car in person. That person ended up purchasing my Pewter 1969 442 & is very happy with it. I hated to sell it but after my illness & surgery the bills were mouting up so I had to let it go. New owner is a great guy & his entirely family is enjoying the car.

I spent over $400 on the brakes on this car & the car now runs & drives. Since I had the brakes fixed not one person came to see the car. SO frustrating.

I tried it again @ $12,500; @ 12,000 & again at $11,000.

At this time I would really like to sell this car. I had an unexpected expense on one of my other cars (Rebuilt 2004R on the 87 442 to the tune of over $2K) so I could really use the money.

FINAL PRICE REDUCTION TO $10,000.00 FIRM. The car is far from perfect but it is what it is.

If it does not sell at this price it will just sit in the corner of my shop under a cover. I am losing money on this car & wont go one cent lower.

Updated add here

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ387160497

many many many photos here

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; July 18th, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
NOVICE car nut

wow , you have a great collection!
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Old School Olds

Dave, I am sorry to hear about the luck you have been having.
But I have to say I really like the one in Teheisan Tourquoise. My
69 442 was ordered in that color, but had faded over the years.
Now i know what it looked like from the factory. Thanks for posting
and good luck with everything, Adam.
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM

The engine compartment looks bad.

That will turn off a lot of buyers.

If it was my car, I would spruce up under the hood.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM

sold

Car is sold. Off to Surrey BC for restoration.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Congrats. Would be interesting to see when it's done.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:16 AM

more

I have bought & sold many many Oldsmobiles in the past 25 years. There is always some seller's anxienty no matter what you do. I decided that the best of the three 1969 442s I had was the gold one & as such I decided to let the other two go. Now they are both gone & just recently someone else is wanting the gold car. It was not for sale but if they come back with the right money I will sell it to. There are always more cars to pursue.....the chase is half the fun. The only ones that are not "for sale" are my 65 442 & my 72 W-30. I have too much attachment to those two cars.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; January 28th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM

Absolutely beautiful cars Dave! Thanks for showing them. I think your '72 W30 needs a "topless" companion and I have just the girl. Maybe a trade toward a '69 442, if you still have one?
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by fritz442
Absolutely beautiful cars Dave! Thanks for showing them. I think your '72 W30 needs a "topless" companion and I have just the girl. Maybe a trade toward a '69 442, if you still have one?

A couple that came to look at the Turquoise car fell in love with the gold one. I was not looking to sell but gave them a price that they pondered for a couple of weeks. They came back today & test drove the car & gave it a once over on the hoist. They went home to make a decision & I will know in a day or two if the gold car is sold. I love the car and am only considering selling it because I have my eye on some other interesting cars. If they do not buy it I am 100% content to keep it but would also consider interest from others.

Stay tuned.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:31 AM

Ok, let me know what happens.
Ed
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:59 AM

Wow, if you ever sell the 65 let me know: thomas @vectron.de
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM

update

Originally Posted by rollerball
Wow, if you ever sell the 65 let me know: thomas @vectron.de
The 1965 442 & the 1972 W-30 are not for sale. Too much attachment.

No word yet from these suitors of my gold 1969 442. They have had 4 days to think about it & all I have received was an email saying we will decide "soon".I will just let it go & if I hear from them so be it & I will carry on with other distractions. I look forward to driving that car this spring. No issue there....the car is fabulous & I sure do not mind keeping it as it is one of the nicest 1969 442s a person will find.
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Delivered

The turquoise 1969 442 is now in North Delta BC. I delivered the car to Randy on Sunday along with the original drivetrain.

Randy took a few pics of the event which he should post soon and hopefully will keep us up to date on the resto of the car.

Thanks Randy and enjoy your 442!

Ps.....I still have the gold 1969 442 as the suitor decided that the car was not the one for him.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM

Thanks Dave,I posted them yesterday in the General Discussion forum.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM

Pics here

Pics

http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/RR...?sort=3&page=1
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
"Trying to fix her right"

Sorry Dave I'm a little confused. Do you have the gold 69 for sale? If so do you have pics, price, and info?

Quick Reply: 1969 442 For Sale