Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Olds 98 for sale ***SOLD***

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM

1964 Olds 98 for sale ***SOLD***

Hi everyone! I am putting my 1964 Olds 98 up for sale. I am currently in the Army and I don't have the time to tinker with it. I hope to find someone that can give it some TLC and give it the attention that it needs.

The car is in decent shape; however, it does have its flaws. The good thing is that it starts up easily and runs. I drive it every day to work (about 10 miles one direction). I also have alot of parts for it. I have a straight rear bumper (it just needs rechromed), two carburetors, multiple mechanical fuel pumps, the original air cleaner housing, the original AM/FM radio, and various dash pieces.

The worst part about the car is that the interior needs to be restored. Right now I have make shift seat covers in it. The body is in decent shape. The only rust is some rot along the fenders where the hood meets the body. There are two surface rust spots on the front and rear fenders but other than that the body is solid. The car has a Macco paint job but was originally blue. The engine ticks and I think it is an exhaust leak. I have the gaskets for the exhaust manifold I just haven't gotten around to fixing it. Finally, the transmission is in bad shape and needs to be rebuilt soon. I tore it apart about 5 years ago and put new steels and clutches in it; however, it has an internal fluid leak. It does good in town; however, I try not to drive it over 60 mph because the transmission makes noise and doesn't shift into 4th properly.

Check out the attached pictures. I will give it awhile here on Classic Olds but if nobody is interested I will put it on-line and in the local paper. I am in Lawton, OK. It is about 2 hours away from Dallas and an hour away from Oklahoma City. The car is in good enough shape to drive someplace as long as it isn't too far. I drove it 400 miles from Kansas a few months ago. I am asking $2000 obo. You will also get a full set of 1964 Oldsmobile Service Manuals when you buy the car. Just reply to the thread or PM me for more info.
Old November 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Check out the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Olds back.jpg (88.2 KB, 88 views)
Olds front.jpg (95.3 KB, 64 views)
Olds left.jpg (95.8 KB, 110 views)
Olds right.jpg (93.6 KB, 85 views)
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I'm diggin' the 1 white wall.
Wish I could help.
I don't know any Olds folk in your area though.
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:45 PM

It needs new tires. One wheel is painted white and the others are black. I painted the spare wheel a silver color. The spare does not have a tire.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Past Administrator

I am very familiar with this car and would say, it is in good driver condition and/or a very good project car. Jesse has been very complete and honest with the condition/description. You won't be surprised if you buy it based on what he has told you here. To be honest, it isn't a surprise to me he is selling it. He realizes he needs more time with it than the Army can allow him and it is probably a good decision to sell it. Buy it someone!
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:57 AM

Also forgot to mention that I completely redid the suspension and brakes about 5 years ago. The ball joints, control arm bushings, front and rear shocks, and stabalizer bar bushings were replaced. After I drove it from Kansas I noticed one of the ball joint boots was split, but I repacked it and got all of the nastiness out of it. Oldsguy and I bled the brakes before I drove it from KS, but it might need new brake shoes. I have been driving it recently and the brakes work fine without fading. I also put a Pertronix ignition kit in it.

The car is loaded with power everything. All of the windows roll up and down; however, the wing vent windows in front don't open or close because the motors and gears have been removed (I have them in a bag though). The power seat transmission also needs some work but the motors work. I currently have the seat all the way back because I am a big guy. The car orignially had AC but I don't have the compressor, condesnor, or evaporator. I recently started redoing all of the vacuum lines under the dash and rebuilt the air plenum since I had to replace the heater core. All I need to do is put the fan back on and find a replacement dual action vacuum actuator for one of the air doors (I know where to order it I just haven't). So currently, the defroster and vent doesn't work but I have all the parts to put it together and get it working (except the actuator as stated above).

The radio had the reverberation option; however, it was taken out of the car and modern Pioneer speakers were put in the package tray. I have the reverberation amp and the rear window defroster in storage. The car also has a working power antenna. The remote trunk release doesn't work because the vacuum and electrical aren't hooked up but I have all the parts for it. I still have the bumper jack and orignial tire iron.

Hope this info helps. I think it is a decent car it just needs some TLC. I think it is awsome since it is a 4 door hardtop with the 6 windows. Let me know if you have questions.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM

TTT

Someon PMed me so I know there are a few people interested in it. Just send me a PM or post a reply. I can easily post more pictures.
Old December 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Do you have any pictures of the interior?
Old December 5th, 2007, 05:14 AM

I will post some this evening. Please don't laugh at me though.

The worst part about the car is that the interior needs to be restored.
Old December 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM

Check it out!
Attached Images
OLDS RESIZE 1.jpg (14.7 KB, 82 views)
OLDS RESIZE 2.jpg (32.1 KB, 61 views)
OLDS RESIZE 3.jpg (18.6 KB, 72 views)
OLDS RESIZE 4.jpg (19.8 KB, 48 views)
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Peep this HOMEYS!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...1&aff=national
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:41 AM

Thats a shame you have it at 2000 Obo. I have a 63 dynamic 88 holiday that looks about the same as yours condition wise but with a much nicer interior and i was wondering how much i could get out of it should i decide to sell it. Oh well maybe ill try to trade it instead lol.
Old December 17th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Yeah, it might be on the low side, but it does need work. They are nice cars, but nobody appreciates the 4 door hardtops. It is more than I paid for it years ago. Then again, I have put some money into it too.
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM

i assume this cars sold....do you still have the straight rear bumper?

Last edited by 1964olds98; August 7th, 2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: messed up
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM

The car has not sold. I still have the straight rear bumper; however, the bumper and the car go together.
Old September 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Hi everyone! I am putting my 1964 Olds 98 up for sale. I am currently in the Army and I don't have the time to tinker with it. I hope to find someone that can give it some TLC and give it the attention that it needs.

The car is in decent shape; however, it does have its flaws. The good thing is that it starts up easily and runs. I drive it every day to work (about 10 miles one direction). I also have alot of parts for it. I have a straight rear bumper (it just needs rechromed), two carburetors, multiple mechanical fuel pumps, the original air cleaner housing, the original AM/FM radio, and various dash pieces.

The worst part about the car is that the interior needs to be restored. Right now I have make shift seat covers in it. The body is in decent shape. The only rust is some rot along the fenders where the hood meets the body. There are two surface rust spots on the front and rear fenders but other than that the body is solid. The car has a Macco paint job but was originally blue. The engine ticks and I think it is an exhaust leak. I have the gaskets for the exhaust manifold I just haven't gotten around to fixing it. Finally, the transmission is in bad shape and needs to be rebuilt soon. I tore it apart about 5 years ago and put new steels and clutches in it; however, it has an internal fluid leak. It does good in town; however, I try not to drive it over 60 miles per hour because the transmission makes noise and doesn't shift into 4th properly.

Check out the attached pictures. I will give it awhile here on Classic Olds but if nobody is interested I will put it on-line and in the local paper. I am in Lawton, OK. It is about 2 hours away from Dallas and an hour away from Oklahoma City. The car is in good enough shape to drive someplace as long as it isn't too far. I drove it 400 miles from Kansas a few months ago. I am asking $2000 obo. You will also get a full set of 1964 Oldsmobile Service Manuals when you buy the car. Just reply to the thread or PM me for more info.
Old September 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM

hi its louisana again i have had my knee surgery and i will possibly come out to lawton to purchase the 98 if you still have it
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM

TTT

Now I have two projects and a baby on the way. The wife says one of them has to go. Please get ahold of me if you are interested.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM

SOLD!
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
"me somebody" site member

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics. My father was an OLDSMOBILE man." Ralphie Billingsley A Christmas Story 1983
I just noticed regarding your signature line (and perhaps you are aware), but it was the character Ralphie Parker who said that about his old man. Of course he was played by Peter Billingsley.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Toro68

My dad let his 63 Starfire go for $5,000, back in July of 2008.

Old January 11th, 2009, 04:36 PM

TTT

Now I have two projects and a baby on the way. The wife says one of them has to go....
So you have a choice between getting rid of one of the projects or the baby?

LOL Just kidding.
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM

I didn't get anywhere near that amount for my 64 98, but I am glad it is gone.