Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1961 Olds (Holiday) Sports Sedan

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM

1961 Olds (Holiday) Sports Sedan

Just under 70,000 miles showing on the odometer.
Every single one of the four doors closes with a LOUD, solid, CLICK, including the driver's door.
New paint but not original color - sort of a beige champagne. New headliner and visor covers in interior compatible color.
Upholstery on driver's seat has stitching that has come undone in a section but the upholstery is not torn. Interior is a really nice combination of black mylar-woven cloth, brown leather and metallic vinyl.
New carpet.
Seatbelts were installed.
AM radio did work, doesn't now, investigating that, has rear speaker option.
The blower fan doesn't work right now, either.
The rear package tray shows some wear.
The dash pad has wrinkling at the ends.
Bought it here in south-central Colorado, shortly thereafter moved to northern California and drove the car there. Had to keep easing my foot off of the pedal, thanks to the 394 "Sky Rocket" with "Ultra High Compression" coupled with a 4-bbl, those 325 horses are alive and well and want to run!
The speedo reads about 10% slow.
Trailered it back here to Colorado. I'd had it tuned to run at relatively low altitude in northern California and it could really stand to be retuned now that it's back at over a mile in the sky. The northern Cali. tune-up let it run like a champ on regular grade gasoline - heavy acceleration with NO pinging.
It was built in the 5th week of December 1960.
Power steering, brakes, windows and seat.
The right side Ninety Eight script is missing a small piece of it - all the other chrome (and there's LOTS!) is there.
There was a dealers tag that came off, leaving a small anchoring hole in the trunk lid.
NADA avg. retail $7,890, asking $6,950.
Here's a link to 2 photos, front and year. http://www.geocities.com/mvonhobe/Olds.html (Let's see if YOU can figure out which is the 1961!)
For more info. and/or to request photos, e-mail me:
mvonhobe@yahoo.com
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:32 PM

let me see...hmmm...the car on the left (Top pic) car on right (bottom pic). nice ride its a shame you live far away.