Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1960 Dynamic 88 Sedan $13,000

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM

1960 Dynamic 88 Sedan $13,000

1960 Olds Dynamic 88 Sedan for sale $13,000. Car is located in Phoenix Arizona area. Contact me at romeovictorcamper@gmail.com. Please see the detailed listing at Craigslist:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4839408939.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Exterior.jpg (90.6 KB, 54 views)
Trunk.jpg (88.1 KB, 42 views)
DSCF1120.jpg (62.4 KB, 37 views)
Suspension.jpg (68.6 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by rocketdoc; January 29th, 2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: add contact info.
Old January 29th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rocketdoc
1960 Olds Dynamic 88 Sedan for sale $13,000. Car is located in Phoenix Arizona area. Please see the detailed listing at Craigslist:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4839408939.html
Here are the details, nice car:

• Mileage: 63,900 original miles
• Engine: 371 cu in V8, 240 hp, automatic transmission, original engine and trans, matching numbers.
• Expenses to date on car and restoration: $15,500 (all receipts available)
• Registered, licensed and insured. Clear title.
• During the restoration, my goal was to keep everything as authentic and original looking as possible. The workmanship included a lot of TLC. I spent more time and money than I should have since I was doing it for myself and not thinking about selling it as an investment--your benefit!
• 100% under the hood restoration was completed in 2011--people say it could be on the showroom floor back in 1960. Carburetor professionally rebuilt. Painted the firewall, engine, and suspension. New hood insulation, battery, battery cables, belts, hoses, vacuum lines, water pump, distributor, solenoid, points, plug wires, head gaskets along with all other engine gaskets, oil valves and rocker arms. Rebuilt the brake master cylinder. All new correct stickers. Drives perfectly straight and that motor loves to run!
• Trunk: Cavernous trunk. Repainted the trunk, new trunk seal, new trunk lining, restored original bumper jack.
• Mechanicals: Rebuilt the brakes, new front brake lines, radiator and heater radiator were professionally refurbished, new ball joints, shocks, and tires.
• Interior: Huge interior makes it fun for couples on a date night or a family road trip. Painted the floor board, new carpet, new glove box, and replaced all of the plastic dash lenses. The seats were reupholstered to look original and the headliner was restored in 1984, along with exterior paint in '84 to match the original copper mist metallic.
• Interesting facts: The car for sale was used in the opening scene of the 1996 movie Kingpin starring Woody Harrelson, Randy Quaid, and Bill Murray. The Oldsmobile Rocket was the first V8 motor developed and sold by GM beginning in 1949. Ike Turner was credited with the first rock and roll song which was about his Olds Rocket 88 motor.
• You will also receive: two 1960 original maintenance manuals, all 1960 original dealer service bulletins, owner's manual, Chilton's, several framed original magazine promo ads, complete set of spare AM radio tubes, many gaskets, spare headlights, framed Kingpin movie poster from the Director, a replica plastic model of the car, dwell meter, timing light and test gauges.

Needs work: The turn signal will not automatically turn off on left turns due to wear or adjustment. The passenger seat belt cloth is jammed in the buckle and won't adjust. The leather seal on the vacuum brake assist unit is worn and does not provide full power assist (brakes work fine but power brakes not as strong as could be). The car has various appearance flaws that one would expect on a 55-year old vehicle, but I view them both as blemishes and as adding character.
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:30 AM

From the looks of the pics you did one heck of a resto job!