Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

'68 98 grill area refresh; tips,thoughts,ideas?

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM

'68 98 grill area refresh; tips,thoughts,ideas?

scan0001.jpg

well it's a rainy day here in good 'ole Brick,NJ so I figured I might as well post a thought I've considered for a while.

The front grill & headlight area of my car can use a little refreshing and I've often wondered how it would look all chromed out but not really sure if going through the expense of getting replacement parts,chroming them and hating the look. I've heard they can pretty much "chrome" anything these days. Not really too sure on that but that's a bridge to cross another time i guess.

My question is,if anyone can see the grill area, what's the best way to freshen up this stuff? I don't even know what type of metal it is or how one would paint the insides of the "honeycomb / boxed" area. The surface has a "chrome / shiney" finish but the grey is dull and the blackened inside boxes have gotten dull over time.

Forgot to say,the areas next to the directional lights could use some refreshing too.

well anyway thanks for any input and good week all,

mike

Last edited by jerseymike; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: forgot this in origional post
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jerseymike
Attachment 44551

well it's a rainy day here in good 'ole Brick,NJ so I figured I might as well post a thought I've considered for a while.

The front grill & headlight area of my car can use a little refreshing and I've often wondered how it would look all chromed out but not really sure if going through the expense of getting replacement parts,chroming them and hating the look. I've heard they can pretty much "chrome" anything these days. Not really too sure on that but that's a bridge to cross another time i guess.

My question is,if anyone can see the grill area, what's the best way to freshen up this stuff? I don't even know what type of metal it is or how one would paint the insides of the "honeycomb / boxed" area. The surface has a "chrome / shiney" finish but the grey is dull and the blackened inside boxes have gotten dull over time.

Forgot to say,the areas next to the directional lights could use some refreshing too.

well anyway thanks for any input and good week all,

mike
ok I messed up. The grill area is all grey metal,no black. the black area is around the headlamps and inside of the parking lights/directionals.

mike

Last edited by jerseymike; April 22nd, 2012 at 03:42 PM.