Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

what your word worth

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:52 AM

what your word worth

I just have to say, I understand that business is business, and first come first serve, but when selling parts or anything for that matter I believe that if you offer a product to somebody for a said price, then I think you should wait for a response from that person, I was offered an item at a price and agreed to pay that price then the seller came back and said sorry that is now sold, before I had a chance to respond, to me that is bad practice and has me feeling some type of way about it, to me my word means everything!
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Not being an azz, but the old saying you snooze you lose is very alive and well. There was another person that inquired just a few minutes after you.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:23 AM

Just MHO,

The problem with on line trading is the seller doesn't know you from Adam's House cat and he could be holding a part for a flake

I once held a car for a nut case that told me straight up that he;d won the lottery but the IRS seized all his assets
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:50 AM

I agree, you snooze you lose, I didn't snooze, I responded as soon as I got the message and was given a price with shipping included, just to be notified it was sold to the guy that inquired after me, that is the trouble with online and forum sales hell I had the money in hand just needed to know a total and where to send it, I guess I should just email and P.M. nonstop its a catch 22 guess I didn't win today, and personally I just conduct my business in a different manner to each his own, for me I stick to my word!
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:54 AM

I get all of that, I am not that guy though regardless of who knows me or not, its unfortunate honesty is a rarity anymore, to think you always have to look to the shady side when doing business is unfortunate as well, but I get it, my problem is don't give me a price if your not going to give me the opportunity!
Old October 22nd, 2019, 12:12 PM

I see your point also, I guess [unfortunately] it's the world we live in
Old October 22nd, 2019, 02:46 PM
Olds Fever

I had a local individual wanting G-Body frame pads... Quoted a price which was agreeable... After a two day no show I contacted him and got the excuse he purchased a set online and was already installing them and the engine...Really, purchased on line and received and installing in 2 days, BS flag big time... Okay, he then proceeded to ask if I had a rear bumper, gave him a price for both used & NOS... Again, agreeable with another no show but a subsequent email request for coolant overflow tank and washer fluid container... Needless to say NO SHOW... This individual is 15 minutes from my location... I'm not quite sure what my reaction may be if he should contact me again... But as they say, business is business, take the good with the bad...