Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

NEGATIVE for first442

Old February 25th, 2019, 03:41 PM

NEGATIVE for first442

I sell many items on Classic/Olds and pride myself in giving good honest descriptions. I have just purchased an item from first442 that was deceptive and dishonest. A 1970 Oldsmobile dealer showroom album. Paid strong money and expected an item in good condition. I opened the box and immediately noted the smell. The album has moisture damage and many of the pages have some mold damage. Of course his pictures showed pages that were undamaged. Besides that OVER 1/3 of the pages are missing. None of the moisture damage was mentioned in his ad, and absolutely no mention of all the missing pages. When contacted his attitude was basically: tough luck sucker, you own it. I have been on Classic/Olds for almost 7 years. This is the first negative review I have given.

Last edited by BeenThere; February 25th, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old February 25th, 2019, 03:56 PM

That is unfortunate Bill. Your knowledge, honesty, and integrity are exemplary. Knowing you for years, and the way you do business, it is unfortunate you got taken. I saw the album when it was listed and it was not cheap. The few times I have gotten ripped off over the years, I have gotten solace knowing that LIFE IS THE GREATEST EQUALIZER...he will get his down the road, and a higher power will see that a steering wheel that you have wanted for years finds its way into your hands.

Last edited by Ctls442; February 25th, 2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:10 PM

I agree Bill, you are as honest as they come IMO and all I expect is the same when I deal with people on the internet. You have to watch everything today and a lot of dishonest people are just waiting to take advantage. This board is like a good neighborhood and it just takes one lousy neighbor to bring it down. Thanks for the heads up and sorry you got taken. first442 will get his, karma is a bitch.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear that, Bill. Personally, I pretty much stand by what I sell. If you're not happy, or if it's not as I say, I would try to make you happy. I saw that item, he could have offered a rebate or something. I've bought lit from you here and it was nice. I've sold lit here and it was nice. This thread will hurt his future sales (and maybe buys, too). Thanks for making us aware.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:34 PM

I have heard many positive things about Bill, and how honest his description is on parts. Sorry, to hear about that book you purchased. Maybe the seller will step up and do the right thing.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:59 PM

It's a damn shame somebody would risk their reputation over a few dollars. When I sell something and it's not as advertised and we can't work it out,send it back for a full refund.
Old February 25th, 2019, 05:25 PM

Bill sorry to hear you were taken advantage of by first442. Hopefully by making this known to the forum he will not be selling anymore parts to members and maybe will see that kind of deception will not be tolerated by us.

Buying from you has always been a great experience and your parts are second to none I guess it is too much to ask of first442 to have some integrity and do the right thing.

i won’t be buying ANYTHING from him period.
Old February 25th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Hookers under Hood

Sorry to hear this Bill ! The seller should have disclosed the overall condition. It's not buyer beware here on CO!! This community has been built on trust, the same way you have built trust will all members here.
It appears First442 has only been a member for a short time here, However, this should be an eye opener for him, especially if he plans on sticking around here.
If he is any kind of man, he will make it rite with you, if not.... what comes around goes around in life.
I hope to see a post from you very soon, that First442 has done the rite thing towards this purchase.
Again, " ITS NOT BUYER BEWARE HERE ON CLASSIC OLDS"!!!

Eric
Old February 26th, 2019, 04:45 PM
72 Olds CS

" ITS NOT BUYER BEWARE HERE ON CLASSIC OLDS"!!!

good call 76OLDS
Old February 27th, 2019, 06:19 AM

Sorry again Bill for not receiving what you were "supposed" to get. That's just BAD. I recently sold a never used Auto Meter tach to some one in this club. The customer told me he was wanting the 10,000 RPM version. When he received, it he let me know it was the 8,000 RPM version. Shame on me! So rather than pay for the return shipping and all I just told him "Merry Christmas" my mistake keep it and gave him the refund and moved on. And if he sells it, please give the money to your church or charity.
Old February 27th, 2019, 07:09 AM
71 cutlass convertible

I guess this is why some forums have minimums for selling things. I tried to sell some large format camera gear, told I had to make 25 posts over some period of time before I could sell. Never went on again not worth my time. It is a two edge sword, people get things and don't know what to do with it. They just want somebody to use it and get a few bucks and not trash it. Then somebody wants to be a jerk and ruin it. My guess he never will show up on this forum under that name again.
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:23 AM
delete

Here is the link to the ad. Agreed that the description doesn't indicate any major issues. first442 is realtively new with a lot of classified ads up. Not the way to build your rep

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tion-book.html
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
I guess this is why some forums have minimums for selling things. I tried to sell some large format camera gear, told I had to make 25 posts over some period of time before I could sell. Never went on again not worth my time. It is a two edge sword, people get things and don't know what to do with it. They just want somebody to use it and get a few bucks and not trash it. Then somebody wants to be a jerk and ruin it. My guess he never will show up on this forum under that name again.

I was a Mod on a Pontiac forum and we did require a minimum of 20 meaningful posts to sell something. 20 attempts to revive dead threads or "cool car" posts did not count. People still tried to skirt the rules but we held firm to our requirements and had pretty much zero problems.
Old February 27th, 2019, 09:04 AM

It is disappointing to learn that we have dishonest sellers amongst us.

first442 If you are reading these posts it's time to make things right.
Old February 27th, 2019, 09:51 AM

First off, when I seen BEEN THERE was posting, it got my attention. I know Bill sells a lot of nice parts on this forum but I seldom see him post on other topics so I knew it had to be something important.
I was curious who this first442 guy was with all the seemingly nice parts he was selling. He picked the wrong guy to **** off because Bill has a stellar reputation as a parts seller and buyer. Hopefully he will realize that this is not the place to to bring his shady sales tactics and offer a refund.
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:28 AM
delete

I posted the link to this thread on his for sale thread so he should know about it.
Old February 27th, 2019, 07:12 PM

The matter has been successfully resolved. It was never my intention to take advantage of anyone.
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by first442
The matter has been successfully resolved. It was never my intention to take advantage of anyone.
Why did you wait until Bill filed a complaint with Pay-pal ? You visit our site daily so why couldn't you take care of the problem before having Bill waist his time filing a complaint?
You have some ground to make up here with many of us members to earn some respect back!
As you know now, this is not a buyer beware site.
I hope you now respect the way us members do dealings here.

Eric
Old February 28th, 2019, 04:43 AM
Some call me, Tim

Just looking at his first442's post history, you can clearly see he joined this group just to sell stuff. 25 for sale threads in his first month as a member and one of the first transactions goes like this? Not a good start to such a great community.
Old February 28th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 76olds
Why did you wait until Bill filed a complaint with Pay-pal ? You visit our site daily so why couldn't you take care of the problem before having Bill waist his time filing a complaint?
You have some ground to make up here with many of us members to earn some respect back!
As you know now, this is not a buyer beware site.
I hope you now respect the way us members do dealings here.

Eric
^^^x2^^^ Several days ago I read his posts from the time he initially joined, as well. I'm betting he's learned his lesson.
Old July 15th, 2019, 03:00 AM

Bill is ligit, he sold me a great product PERFECT description. I’ll be looking for more of your stuff Bill!