Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Beware “LEMOLDSNUT” Negative

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2024, 08:43 AM

Beware “LEMOLDSNUT” Negative

First let me say I would like to think I have made more friends on here than customers. It’s not always about making $ but supporting each other in our great hobby. When I sell something I just end up taking the $ and buying something for my cars. I also try and package my items in a way that they will make the trip safely. Anyone that has shipped things for any length of time realizes that the correct packaging falls on the seller and that the shippers are going to beat stuff up.
It certainly doesn’t give me pleasure in posting this but this situation is wrong and the long time seller needs to step up and do the right thing here.

I purchased an original 1966/67 Cutlass dash pad from seller on August 27th 2024

Here are the facts
  1. Price $250
  2. Shipping pd $126 ( actual shipping $133 )
  3. Received 9/10/24 with significant damage
  4. Item was wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap and packed loosely in a flimsy box with zero structural strength. Might have stood a better chance in a lucky charms box.
  5. Sent seller an email and then decided to follow up with phone call. We spoke briefly and he informed me he was in a meeting. I suggested we speak the next day and he agreed. 10 mins later I had a senior moment and inadvertently phoned him again. I realized what I had done when he answered, before I could explain and apologize I was presented with an F bomb tirade and a hang up. At this point I realized what I was dealing with.
  6. 9/13/24 I asked for copy of receipt and if he insured it. ( for the record I never asked him to insure it for extra ) He told me he would get me that on Sunday 9/15/24. But said he might not have receipt and thinks it was standard shipping.
7. Today 9/23/24 I have heard nothing from him

8. I have filed a claim with USPS to try and get there included insurance of $100 bucks back. I filed this with incomplete information because I don’t have it. Not holding my breath

Matt

Last edited by 67abody; September 23rd, 2024 at 11:47 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2024, 10:01 AM

Hope things work out, shipping these days is a gamble I have found. I do not do much shipping but have learned it has to be "bomb proof" as much as possible. It really sucks when shipping goes bad and in some cases the part completely destroyed. Extra insurance is sometimes a good thing also.
Old September 24th, 2024, 09:19 AM

Selling and shipping these days can be a hassle, however I have found that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” I always take a picture of the boxed product as well as the shipping receipt (with tracking info) and make sure that the buyer has this - haven’t had to file an insurance claim with the USPS so unknown of who the responsibility lies with. Also would hope that clear communication and working together would resolve this, or any other issue. Hope it all gets ironed out.
Old September 24th, 2024, 09:55 AM

Larry has been around for a long time and this is the first time I've ever heard of someone having a problem with him. 10 days isn't much time to give him to work it out. Generally, if it was insured, the seller is the one doing the insuring. I'm surprised USPS is dealing with you.
Old September 24th, 2024, 02:40 PM
Gary

I had a problem with USPS insurance. A 1965 Corvette fuel-injection part, insured for $1000, was lost in transit.

USPS refused to pay because the part was not currently manufactured and so they had no way of determining its value.

I never shipped expensive used parts with USPS again, so I don't know if they still have this problem. Ask before shipping.
Old September 24th, 2024, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by VC455
I had a problem with USPS insurance. A 1965 Corvette fuel-injection part, insured for $1000, was lost in transit.

USPS refused to pay because the part was not currently manufactured and so they had no way of determining its value.

I never shipped expensive used parts with USPS again, so I don't know if they still have this problem. Ask before shipping.
The USPS will not pay a claim. I have heard horror stories from the clerks @ my local USPS. One clerk told me a guy sent a package and paid for $3500 insurance and guess what, it got lost and he didn't get paid. I use the USPS but not for anything of great value..I'm betting it was an inside job due to the value.
Old September 24th, 2024, 06:38 PM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

The USPS is being managed to hell in a hand-basket. I doubt we have a USPS in years to come because you can’t continue to increase rates while at the same time downgrade reliability.

I’ve learned not to do business with them when it comes to package deliveries.

All that said, yes, the seller has a responsibility to package the item responsible. If unwilling to do so, they should sell only locally.

You didn’t specify how you paid for the item. I’d say you don’t have much of a chance unless the seller has a change of heart.

Last edited by tnswt; September 24th, 2024 at 06:41 PM.
Old September 25th, 2024, 06:14 AM

So is the line of communication or a solution still on the table? IMO it is the seller who takes on total responsibility that the item gets there as described and without damage. An item like a dash pad is pretty much junk when damaged/cracked.
Old September 25th, 2024, 07:20 AM

That's a bummer that you had a bad experience with @lemoldsnut Hopefully you can come to a resolution with him.
​​​​
Old September 25th, 2024, 07:51 AM

So now that I'm being trashed . I have my side of this. This package was actually wrapped 4 times in large bubble bubble wrap. That was new, not reused. The box was a brand new box that was purchased. That is made to ship lamps so structurally. It was in excess of what Was needed to protect the package. It wasn't loosely packaged. It was very well packaged and taped. Instead of talking to me, like I was a human being. He called me and blamed me for it. I didn't create the damage. I'm more than happy to help and process the claim. And even discuss it, but now that he's trashing me in public. Not sure I want to go down this road. He can file the claim with the Post Office. Just like anybody else. I have learned that it doesn't matter who you ship with damage can happen and the cost of shipping, as he said, I even paid more than he paid me to ship this item. Plus about $20 of packing material. it was an extremely nice - pad. I've never seen a picture of the whole thing afterwards, just a Dent. In the lower portion but instead of discussing it further with me he's taken it to this. I have no desire to have a conversation with him here. The last phone call was on speaker wirh 4 witnesses on my side. He was a total jerk. Like i caused the damage. Shipping sucks. It has become very expensive and very unreliable. If he wants my help talking to me like I'm at fault and like I'm a POS does nothing to make me want to help him.

I've done this a long time. Most people are great to deal with. Thiz giy. Not so much
Old September 25th, 2024, 08:36 AM

I didn't read "trashing" the seller. Just an account from the view/opinion of the buyer that wasn't a satisfactory shipment. Did the F-bomb tirade happen? If it did, that's never a good look.

We weren't there. **** happens sometimes. It's if and how issues are resolved that makes or breaks the buyer/seller relationship.

It appears there are two sides of this story that on first blush, there's some blame on both sides of this coin. Hope it can come to a good resolution, but if not, that's the way it goes sometimes in the parts buying and selling business.
Old September 25th, 2024, 08:41 AM

Hi Larry,

I’m sorry you feel blamed, trashed and that you feel like I spoke to you like a POS

I followed the moderators rules before posting on here.

Like I suggested before, I will be happy to pay you for the extra $ that you incurred with the shipping.

I respectfully stand by my original statements

I would be willing to negotiate a settlement that we’re both good with

I’ll continue to sit by the phone, Matt
Old September 25th, 2024, 09:44 AM

Today he finally sent me the pictures.

Not gonna do this here.