Conversion to Front Disks Finally Finished...and Working

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2014, 08:18 AM

Conversion to Front Disks Finally Finished...and Working

After way too much time with leaking rebuilt calipers, I completed my brake conversion. I replaced all the bushings, hoses, ball joints and front & rear springs. No more leaks. I had the car realigned and it really drives nice. My only issue is I am getting some pulsing when I apply the brakes.

I used parts from a doner car. The rotors had been cut and I used new bearings and repacked and adjusted to specs. Is there anything OTHER that an out of round rotor I might check that could cause the pulsing?

There was a thread I read the other day about lousy brake rotors that warp almost immediately. I think I may replace the rotors, but do not want junk from China or some other bargain rotor.

Any recent experience with NAPA Premium or Ultra Premium, or the Wagner rotors? Other than my recent issues with calipers, I have never had an issue with NAPA products.

Last edited by brown7373; June 12th, 2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spell
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM

do u have a leaking master cyclender ?
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I'd check for any grease that might have gotten onto the brake rotor. Spray both the rotor and pads down with brake clean and see if it helps. When you had the rotors turned did you have them checked for run out? If you have a bad rotor to start with it doesn't help.

I had some really good luck with Raybestos rotors. NAPA premium? Good and bad. Depends on the application...

BTW, how'd you solve the problem of your RF caliper leak?
Old June 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by brown7373
There was a thread I read the other day about lousy brake rotors that warp almost immediately. I think I may replace the rotors, but do not want junk from China or some other bargain rotor.

Any recent experience with NAPA Premium or Ultra Premium, or the Wagner rotors? Other than my recent issues with calipers, I have never had an issue with NAPA products.
My experience has been that the inexpensive off-brand rotors (made in China, India, etc) are much thinner metal than the more expensive premium brands. Wagner, Raybestos, etc premium parts should be good. Have the parts guy pull each and compare the thickness.