Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Floor pan Pricing/Labor cost estimate

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM

Floor pan Pricing/Labor cost estimate

I'm wondering if anyone has used goodmark floor pans. They have the lowest price that I have found for front to rear floor pans. I am working on a 1972 Cutlass S (photos attached), and I'm wondering about fit/quality for the price.

I'm also wondering what I should be looking at reasonably paying to have them put in. Just want to make sure that I'm not overpaying. As you can see from the pics I have already stripped the seats and carpet, I even cleaned it out as much as possible hoping that would knock down a bit of the labor cost.

Please let me know your opinion! Thanks

-RJ-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
.1972 cutlass S 1.jpg (79.5 KB, 36 views)
72 S stripped floors 1.jpg (63.3 KB, 66 views)
72 S stripped floors 2.jpg (58.1 KB, 62 views)
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM

If you are able, it's not all that hard to do.The upside is purchasing the tools, wire feed welder, cut off tools etc are yours to keep after your done. And the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Only trouble is the body is obviously still on the car, so being really careful about where the fuel lines are is very important! I replaced the entire floor pan of my 80' CS and it wasn't a bad job to do, just very time consuming. Labor wise per hour will probably be hefty for a shop to do it, I can't offer you a guess sorry....but your time is sweat equity and is far cheaper! And the Goodmark parts I'm oblivious to as well, grabbed a Monte Carlo floor pan at a salvage yard and cut it out. Good Luck with your "S".
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Is it limited to just the front driver and passenger floor? Do you have any friends with a welder? The Goodmark stuff is fine, a lot of people have been happy with them.

The removal is easy with a 4" electric angle grinder and a cutoff blade. Trim the panels to fit, and then get someone to weld them in.

Last edited by oldcutlass; June 11th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.