Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

69 cutlass trunk drop-off's

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM

69 cutlass trunk drop-off's

OK, I have been looking at different suppliers for qrt panels and trunk drop-offs and some of them mention that the trunk drop-offs must be modified for 69's. I know that most of these suppliers get the panels from the same place so I assume that they all need to be modified.

My question is what needs to be modified to make them fit or is there some out there that do not need to be modified for a 69?

I have been looking at the qtr panels and drop-offs from Muscle Car Metal due to the fact that they offer $125 truck freight for the entire order. Anyone had experience dealing with them?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM

I used one set of them on a 69 and they were total junk and did not fit well at all. I had to reshape them with a rubber mallet on a padded stool and cut to fit. I can't remember what brand they were, but what else are you going to do?
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM

I waited 2 MONTHS ( on back order) for an order from OPG ( Original Parts Group) for extenions for 64 post car trunk, finally get them NOT even close , try to cut one up, bend it , shape it, etc, totally a piece of SH>>!! Come to discover on the skew # on the part; they are for a 64 -67 Chevelle/Cutlass.. I went up the flag at OPG and chewed on some ***, was not about the money (was not offered a refund either) it's the 2 months holding up my build and not checking what you are claiming the cross fit's. ( ther are NOT taking care of business) Believe me I was pro-active not being you know, but I did not even get a return phone call.....
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by therobski
I waited 2 MONTHS ( on back order) for an order from OPG ( Original Parts Group) for extenions for 64 post car trunk, finally get them NOT even close , try to cut one up, bend it , shape it, etc, totally a piece of SH>>!! Come to discover on the skew # on the part; they are for a 64 -67 Chevelle/Cutlass.. I went up the flag at OPG and chewed on some ***, was not about the money (was not offered a refund either) it's the 2 months holding up my build and not checking what you are claiming the cross fit's. ( ther are NOT taking care of business) Believe me I was pro-active not being you know, but I did not even get a return phone call.....
Although I've had good luck with OPG, I've heard similar stories about them from others.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM

I had the same thing happen to me on a 67 442. I had to hammer and dolly them into a usable piece.