Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

1970 body parts question

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM

1970 body parts question

Ok, Getting ready for the winter project - 1970 cutlass s. Does anyone make patch panels for just the wheel well openings, and the lower rear section of the quarter panel behind the rear wheels?????

I am in Lansing MI and will also need a trunk lid and a passenger side door. Any information would be appreciated.

Or if you have any of these parts - or another way of going about fixing these areas I would love to hear from you.
Old December 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM

yearone has those, I suppose Fusicks, parts place and others would as well
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Can't remember,
Was it you who was looking for 1970 taillight lenses? Have a look at these. just saw them while surfin ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123
Good luck with your project.
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

I don't see those panels at Year One? They have '66-'67? Maybe I'm missing them?
If they have them and they're what the earlier patch panels cost it would be cheaper to buy full quarters and cut them up.

They may be a lot more for shipping but you never know until you figure out the bottom line, get them locally and pick them up you could save a lot.

Here are a couple of places near me with them.
Rust Belt Buckle city has lots of rust patch panel places, there are some more around too.

http://www.rustrepair.com/

http://www.tabcobodyparts.com/

I contacted Tabco a few weeks back and they said all the S and 442 quarters are made in Taiwan, Chinesium but they make the Supreme/convertible quarters.
They also said their supply is getting real low on the Supreme quarters.
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Hark442
Ok, Getting ready for the winter project - 1970 cutlass s. Does anyone make patch panels for just the wheel well openings, and the lower rear section of the quarter panel behind the rear wheels?????

I am in Lansing MI and will also need a trunk lid and a passenger side door. Any information would be appreciated.

Or if you have any of these parts - or another way of going about fixing these areas I would love to hear from you.
Ok, did some looking and here's a few others:
The paddock: http://www.paddockparts.com/Paddock/...9924271FEBADE2

rpm http://www.rpmparts.ca/catalogs/Cutlass_catalog.pdf page G4

collectors auto supply http://www.nosgm.com/68-72%20Cutlass.jpg

Hope these are helpful. If nothing else, find a good bodyman who doesn't mind putting in a little fabrication to a worthwhile project.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:13 AM

Body parts

Found a right rear qtr locally. Will use shermans in Michigan for the other panels to save on shipping. Have a good body man who has the car in his shop right now! Free storage for the winter! Thanks for all your help! Still need a passenger side door! Help!

Will be starting a thread in the major projects section shortly! The car will be a fun project! Spent some time removing the interion yesterday!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:25 AM

replace the whole skin.It makes a better job when finished.Yes,you could buy a skin,then cut out what you need,but that's more labor,& then you will see all of the surgery lines inside the trunk,which doesn't look too good.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM

70 toro gt

does anybody know where, if possible, to find panels and trim parts for a 1970 toronado.. currently looking for at least one taillight (will take two if available) and rear quarters. i have been unable to find ANY leads on where to get any of this unless i was to find a parts car with salvageable parts. any info would be great. thanks
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by peteo101
does anybody know where, if possible, to find panels and trim parts for a 1970 toronado.. currently looking for at least one taillight (will take two if available) and rear quarters. i have been unable to find ANY leads on where to get any of this unless i was to find a parts car with salvageable parts. any info would be great. thanks
Hey there peteo 101,
You need to post this in the "parts wanted" section of CO. You'll get better reaction from those who are in the know about Toro's. As a side note, if I see anything at the boneyard next time out, I'll snag it for you if possible.

YOu also need to post your zip in the post so we'll know whether shipping will be reasonable, ok?

Any mods viewing this? Maybe help with a relocation to Parts wanted?