What is the best Rotisserie?

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM

What is the best Rotisserie?

We're getting ready to do the body work on a 70 442 Convertible. What is the best brand of Rotisserie to buy?
Thanks. Harold
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Rocket
We're getting ready to do the body work on a 70 442 Convertible. What is the best brand of Rotisserie to buy?
Thanks. Harold
I've done a little research on these, looked at several first hand at swap meets.
From what I've seen, the "Whirly-Jig" appears to be the best product.
I believe they were the first to manufacture these and are the best.
I had the luxury of inspecting these first hand at swap meets, then go look at the competition at the same meets.
They're a little more expensive than their competitors, but, if you, can afford a little more money, they're worth it.
http://whirlyjig.com/
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the input. I asked this same question a few months ago and I'm still searching for a nice quality and functional product (with accessories) for my resto.

First time I've heard of the whirlyjig, I have some homework to do.
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Rotisserie

Thanks for the info. 67442nut. I looked at the WhirlyJig, Eastwood, Merrick and quite a few others. After a "lot" of research, I decided to go with a 3,000 lb, Rotisserie from Accessible Systems. I also ordered one of their Sub Frames.
I just received them about a month ago. They are very nice pieces. Nice welds and construction, good grade of casters, well packaged and they look to be much heavier built than anything else I looked at online. I think I'll be very happy with them. Joel at Accessible Systems seems to know a lot about Rotisseries. If you're looking for a Rotisserie, I would recommend giving Joel a call.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Doug - Roller Hoop dude

I'd like to introduce my new rotisserie the Roller Hoop to you guys that are looking for a rotisserie that is hard to beat! I developed what I needed for my shop and after using my end mount types for many years and even a Whirly Jig witch was a great product and did every thing that it promised. But I still need to something different to Handel the volume that we do and I needed a rotisserie to be more efficient, compact, mobile, safe and with less stress to the body shell and take up less shop space when not in use, like that is ever going to happen. Here are just a few pictures of it in action and a 2 dr wagon we did a few years back the Roller hoop has been a great asset to our operation! It cradles the body shell rather than hanging from the ends and with the rotating mass having four contact points on the ground in the base units it is very stable, four foot operated brakes to work with really speeds up the work at hand, the rolling casters allow for quick mobility around the shop and on to a trailer, the media blaster guy LOVES it he just rolls it on the hoops in his blast shop and is done in half the time as my other units. There are so many more benefits to learn about, be sure to take a look www.rollerhoop.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010002.jpg (95.4 KB, 95 views)
P1010006.jpg (74.6 KB, 86 views)
P1010020.JPG (129.2 KB, 88 views)
P1010041.JPG (137.9 KB, 81 views)
DSC00552s.jpg (63.4 KB, 75 views)
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Doug, thanks for the response.

Can you show me (us) some photos/videos of how you mount a car in the roller hoop or the whole process of getting/securing the car in the hoops?

I know the obvious/traditional "rotisserie mounting" answers but in the Roller Hoop's case, what's the process on this new spin?
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Doug - Roller Hoop dude

macrover & others, The Roller Hoop is a simple concept of mounting two 51 lbs hoop a round the body shell with simple jigs that bolt to logical areas of the shell most the time inboard in the shock absorber mounting areas, due to the fact that this is usually pretty solid on most cars and a very strong area, triangulating the jigs provide super strength and safety. One the Hoops are mounted to the body shell they simply rotate on two roller bases with ease, and with four fouot brakes to operate you have total controll over the operation and with in seconds you can lock and unlock with the simple flick of your toe! Attachable rolling casters that simply pin lock on within minutes and your ready to move about on to a trailer with ease! A great safe efficient system for the serious restorer. be sure to visit our rollerhoop.com web site and learn more!
Attached Images
SDC10939.jpg (68.3 KB, 52 views)
SDC10974.jpg (50.9 KB, 51 views)
SDC11046.jpg (74.8 KB, 50 views)
SDC11062.jpg (70.8 KB, 56 views)
SDC11095.jpg (67.0 KB, 53 views)