Cutlass 1968 quarter panel,

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2014, 10:44 AM

Cutlass 1968 quarter panel,

Hi

Im looking for some parts for my quarter panel to my cutlass. I don't need to change the whole panel, but the wheel house opening or what you called it is pretty rusted on my car, so I only need to buy those.

And when I live in Sweden the shipping will cost a lot more than the quarter panel itself. So if anyone know if I can buy something like it please help me.

Here is a pic of what I mean if you don't understand.

Old December 4th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Have you checked Ebay, the part you need, not the whole quarter is reproduced. This is the problem for those over seas, shipping is always very expensive.
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Gary

Sorry my friend, but you will have to buy the quarter panel and cut off what is needed. No patch panels for quarters.
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Gary is right, they have the lower rear quarter section, but if you need the whole way around you will need to buy the whole thing. You might check with the airlines etc for the price of an LD3 container but it will be expensive as you say, Any friends buying a car and having it shipped? shipping containers are not cheap either, but if you were buying a lot of stuff or could share it is another option.
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:28 AM

Ahh I see that now...kinda strange as 67 parts are available for quarters.... Now if he could purchase the quarter and have it sent to someone here and the person cut off just what he needs i suppose some bucks could be saved....
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Gary

But also more than likely you are going to need the outside wheel housing, if the quarter is bad/rusty the wheel housing is also. In order to save on shipping get everything you need at once.
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Ahh I see that now...kinda strange as 67 parts are available for quarters.... Now if he could purchase the quarter and have it sent to someone here and the person cut off just what he needs i suppose some bucks could be saved....
Yeah perhaps, but then it is the liability etc, once you cut that off the quarter that piece becomes "flimsy" lot of movement etc just like when I started trimming my quarters and wheel houses, so someone would have to take the risk that a. it is cut right where you want it, b. it is packed correctly c. that if something goes wrong your held harmless etc

sad to say the road to hell is paved with good intentions... now if he talked to the vendor and they were willing to do it... that might be a solution... but again there would be a no return policy etc etc .

I think the best solution is to find someone shipping a car, container, or someone who works on a ship etc that could bring it aboard.. depending on the cost I would also check into air cargo on an airliner, or even as accompanied excess baggage

at the end of the day it might even be cheaper buying a whole parts car with other stuff you needed and having the quarters thrown in.. just saying
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM

yup

Originally Posted by gh5168
But also more than likely you are going to need the outside wheel housing, if the quarter is bad/rusty the wheel housing is also. In order to save on shipping get everything you need at once.

I would think this too, and see if anyone else need stuff and split the cost of the container..
Old December 4th, 2014, 03:14 PM

Depending on what you could find you could always cut that section out of rusty front fenders. Left fender to right rear quarter, Right fender to left rear quarter. I've never actually done this myself but this tweak has been talked about for a long time