455 build with pictures and dyno test starts today

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2013, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
Christ that was 2 months ago!!
Sometimes it takes a little longer than you expect or want it to doesn't it.
Just remember that the next time you jump on me for results.
Bingo Mark!!
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM

WOW! I just joined here, hoping to maybe gain a little knowledge and maybe participate also. But DANG, after reading the above comments and replies, I'm not sure this forum is my kind of place. Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hot Rod Has Been

Originally Posted by DZAUTO
WOW! I just joined here, hoping to maybe gain a little knowledge and maybe participate also. But DANG, after reading the above comments and replies, I'm not sure this forum is my kind of place. Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!
You're lucky they ended the practice of flogging all new members....
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM

Don't be scared little buck-a-roo. This thread is actually not the norm for here. Good group here of knowledgeable people overall. This is actually tame compared to other sites.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by DZAUTO
Just another day in the office, but you know whats coming.........
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by VORTECPRO
Just another day in the office, but you know whats coming.........
Pretty soon they will get together, drop trou and measure. Once it's settled, all will return to normal.............
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by randys
pretty soon they will get together, drop trou and measure. Once it's settled, all will return to normal.............:d
lmao!!!!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Administrator

I'm looking forward to a final result here also. I like a good civil discussion though. There is entertainment value here.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:23 AM

So where are the "in progress" pictures as promised?
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM

qlRu3.gif
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM

What ever happened with this? Lots of fireworks and promises at the start, and then little or nothing for 5 months. Was the build abandoned or something?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=not442;529074]What ever happened with this? Lots of fireworks and promises at the start, and then little or nothing for 5 months. Was the build abandoned or something?[/QUOTEIts in the process. Im a very busy person. I never created the fireworks, and when its done it will deliver. BTW Milan, how do you like this one, driven out of the hole....

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 3rd, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:45 PM

Nice Camaro, is it Olds powered or am I missing something here? Video says "Thomas Rockwell"
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Don't they sell Camaros at Walmart?
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Yes jerr. The camaro's are right next to the womens clothes and make up isle. Bahahaha. That would explain a lot.
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM

I'm still anxious to see how this build is going (CNC and all). Any updates, pictures, dyno sheets, anything? I just thought there would be something by now with the project being halfway done according to the OP on December 5 of 2012.
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by not442
I'm still anxious to see how this build is going (CNC and all). Any updates, pictures, dyno sheets, anything? I just thought there would be something by now with the project being halfway done according to the OP on December 5 of 2012.
I don't know, would you believe anything he printed anyway?

Not sure I would, read this;

http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...=4335&start=50

Old April 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM

As Yukon Cornelius would say NUTTIN!
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM

PHP Code:
[HTML][CODE][QUOTE][URL="https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/big-blocks/36709-me-my-luck.html"][/URL][/HTML
[/CODE][/QUOTE]
I don't know, would you believe anything he printed anyway?

Not sure I would, read this;

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-my-luck.html One of my favorites. Really wonder how come you cant post on this thread?

As usual you and buddy have no idea what your talking about. The 455 build is taking longer, but the results will be worth the wait.

http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4264&p=41307#p41307

"CUTLASS EFI" Simple, it's not my dyno, I'm waiting on his schedule. He had a week long Mopar Muscle mag build that put him way behind.

Hey cutlass efi, I was wondering if you ever re dyno tested the 390 HP 455 that blew up on the dyno, after all, you said it was coming back in November I believe.

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 15th, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:37 AM

Hey cutlass efi, I was wondering if you ever re dyno tested the 390 HP 455 that blew up on the dyno, after all, you said it was coming back in November I believe.
Here it is, finished it yesterday Richard Cranium. Look at the bsfc as compared to the one with the smaller carb. You swore I had valve spring issues based on the high bsfc didn't you. I disagreed, who was right and who was wrong? You were wrong, period.
Isn't it amazing how a larger carb cures valve float, WOW! I'll bet the cam and spring companies won't want to hear that. LOL!! But a thumbs up for Holley, Edelbrock and all the carb companies!!!!

Bottom line is that you're a liar, not just a bs'r but an out and out liar, AND YOU WERE CAUGHT. LMFAO!!!!
Just keep dodging that why don't you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
455pull.JPG (109.9 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by cutlassefi; April 16th, 2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:11 AM

Here it is, finished it yesterday Richard Cranium. Look at the bsfc as compared to the one with the smaller carb. You swore I had valve spring issues based on the high bsfc didn't you. I disagreed, who was right and who was wrong? You were wrong, period.
Isn't it amazing how a larger carb cures valve float, WOW! I'll bet the cam and spring companies won't want to hear that. LOL!! But a thumbs up for Holley, Edelbrock and all the carb companies!!!!

Bottom line is that you're a liar, not just a bs'r but an out and out liar, AND YOU WERE CAUGHT. LMFAO!!!!
Just keep dodging that why don't you.
Now we have something to compare my 455 buid to. Nice power maker! LOL.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-my-luck.html How come you cant post on this thread cutlass efi?

http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...p=41307#p41307
Fine reading, highly suggested.
Attached Images
panosrods.jpg (60.0 KB, 112 views)
panosrods1.jpg (66.6 KB, 78 views)
The Panos destruction 1.jpg (31.2 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 16th, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:50 AM

Vortecpro have you contributed at all in a productive way to this site ? All you have done is posted videos of wal mart brand cars. Post up an old with an old mill then you got something. You can post a yugo with a bbc but how is that relevant to your 455 build ?
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:19 AM

He's a master at dodging the truth....... and beating a dead horse. I guess mainly because, as you said, he has nothing else to contribute. Just bs and total lies.

By the way VTP, I see you never rebutted the claim on HPO, hmmmmm is that because it's true?

You're a liar, plain and simple. AND YOU GOT CAUGHT!!!! That's the best part, and it wasn't even by me so it's that much harder to argue isn't it.

Today is a good day!!!!!
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:22 AM

He's a master at dodging the truth....... and beating a dead horse. I guess mainly because, as you said, he has nothing else to contribute. Just bs and total lies.

By the way VTP, I see you never rebutted the claim on HPO, hmmmmm is that because it's true?

You're a liar, plain and simple. AND YOU GOT CAUGHT!!!! That's the best part, and it wasn't even by me so it's that much harder to argue isn't it.

Today is a good day!!!!!
Your all about misinformation and lies. Theres just no point, you just dont know. I know you owe Panos some money. Care to comment on these pictures, Mark

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-my-luck.html How come you cant post on this thread cutlass efi?

http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...p=41307#p41307

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 16th, 2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Vortecpro have you contributed at all in a productive way to this site ? All you have done is posted videos of wal mart brand cars. Post up an old with an old mill then you got something. You can post a yugo with a bbc but how is that relevant to your 455 build ?
The 455 build is coming, I am a very busy person.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:25 AM

Yes it is, read what olds/poncho wrote. Are you going to attack him because he didn't side with you?
The two main morons on that post are you and Bruce(Megaolds) who also has a knack for stirring the pot for no reason, read on, please.

And you want to compare a fully ported 455 against a bone stock headed 455, on a different dyno, with I'm sure much colder temps Yeah that's apples to apples. But then again liars don't really have a handle on the truth though do they?

Uh and I didn't see your explanation of the different bsfc with the larger carb, hmmm is that around here somewhere? Or did you side step that too? Again. O.K just go ahead and post the same Panos issue from before, again. Let's just keep beating that dead horse. Come on go ahead, you know you're going to.

Done here, I think I've made my point, right liar?

Last edited by cutlassefi; April 16th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:34 AM

Yes it is, read what olds/poncho wrote. Are you going to attack him because he didn't side with you?
The two main morons on that post are you and Bruce(Megaolds) who also has a knack for stirring the pot for no reason, read on, please.

And you want to compare a fully ported 455 against a bone stock headed 455, on a different dyno, with I'm sure much colder temps Yeah that's apples to apples. But then again liars don't really have a handle on the truth though do they?

Done here, I think I've made my point, right liar?
Your not done, LOL, can you comment on these pictures above, isnt that your work, sure looks like Pano's 455 you built. Do you really think theres 140 HP and 900 RPM in coolant temp, come on.
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what a Nova, running in Wisconsin, in November, has to do with anything on this thread??
You guys are out of Fla. and Cal. - and NO EXPLINATION!!
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM

Do you really think theres 140 HP and 900 RPM in coolant temp, come on.
Huh? What pictures? 140hp and 900rpm compared to what?
And yes we know you're busy, making up more lies. I'll bet that's difficult.
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Vortec pro has something to prove and nothing to gain. This thread is a joke. Get it done then post up the dyno what ever. It's $h*t or get off the pot. I am too a very busy person yet manage to get my crap done. Mark is not only building engines but he has a speed shop to run from my understanding.
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Also you keep bringing the panos build up. You seem to tease like a 5yr old. Everyone here knows what happened. Yet some how mark keeps getting work from members here. You seem to have a wrap sheet that keeps going from customers and people who think you are nuts. We need people like this banned from the site. I'm not perfect and have had my share of back n forths with people but atleast we debated subjects not just endless b.s.
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM

That's what we get from resurecting this old thread - it was kind of a joke the first time around, now it's just ............ (I got nothin.......)
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Just thought I'd truly put this to bed.

This will tell you what a liar Vortecpro is;

Read pages 6 and 7.

Personally I could care less about this build. Would anyone be foolish enough to believe anything he puts in print anyway? I sure wouldn't.

Thank you all for your support of my efforts.
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Just thought I'd truly put this to bed.

This will tell you what a liar Vortecpro is;

Read pages 6 and 7.

Personally I could care less about this build. Would anyone be foolish enough to believe anything he puts in print anyway? I sure wouldn't.

Thank you all for your support of my efforts.
Cutlassefi:
All I can say is that when I pulled the rod bearings out of it after the dyno pulls they showed clear sings of detonation, not oil starvation.
Glad you're able to enjoy it panos.

Panos:
The engine had 10,75:1 compression according Mark.

Mark,you never told me that you changed the bearings because of detonation,you told me that you had an intake water leak in the oil .

Cutlassefi:
When it was on the dyno, it made 465hp with about 29.5 dgrees of timing. When I kicked it up to 32 it lost hp everywhere and 14hp at peak. We then put it back at 29. It was then that we realized the water leak, it was just seeping but a leak nonetheless.
I changed the oil, adjusted the valves and we did a couple more pulls.

Panos - whenever I dyno an engine I always pull the pan afterwards. It's my standard procedure. I did it for mine, for yours and I did it with Kyles(10.3:1 Edelbrock heads, less cam than Panos', 32degrees of timing, but same dyno and fuel as Panos', no signs of detonation), all the ones I do. Your rod bearings showed clear signs of detonation, that backed up what I saw on the dyno. The crank was std/std and I used Clevite HXN std bearings. I had about .0025 on the rods and about .003 on the mains. Both main saddles and rod bores were done close to max dimension. I had about .018 rod side clearance iirc. Measured compression ratio was 10.8:1.

Vortecpro:
It would be nice if you could stay off my thread, but you cant. My engine builds speak for themselves. What you did to Panos is despicable, this is the root of your lies and misinformation stem from. You keep going on this thread and trying to make trouble, personally I think your very intimidated, as you should be. My 455 build is coming and feel free to comment on it, in the mean time this is what I bring to the table--what do you bring to the table?
Attached Images
0226 011.jpg (54.3 KB, 88 views)
0226 013.jpg (45.7 KB, 75 views)
0226 016.jpg (52.1 KB, 76 views)
DSC07285.jpg (61.7 KB, 80 views)
0226 017.jpg (62.1 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 19th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:15 PM

. in the mean time this is what I bring to the table--what do you bring to the table?
And we would believe this why? Liar.

Post what ever you want on this build. I'm pretty confident most on here have figured out your game. You're already mud on HPO, where are you going to go next? Lol!!
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM

You dont need to believe, but you sure dont want my 455 build on here. Your engine building facility (CUTLASSEFI) looks a little on the dirty side. I also noticed you have no problem leaving the factory lower timing chain sprocket on for balancing, which leads me to believe theres grime behind that sprocket. BTW, its not acceptable to drill into the 2nd counterweight back. Really, how serious are you about building peoples engines? How do you set bearing clearences? Do you always leave assembled heads on your garage/engine building facility floor? And remember, the liquor gets you into trouble.

PANOS DIRECT QUOTE:

Mark Jones, thank you,appreciate it.I lost almost 10 grand with cutlassefi ,about 1 year of my life waiting and the most important I almost lost my wife because of all the money went to smoke! The only thing I need is a rotating assembly and gaskets and I can put that thing together myself and trust me it will run much longer! I'm not even trying to ask him about that because I know it ain't happening.

Really what it comes down too is..... the proofs in the performance.
Panos shortblock.jpg (64.1 KB, 99 views)
cutlassefi build facility.jpg (55.3 KB, 97 views)
panos head.jpg (71.6 KB, 95 views)
IMAG0172.jpg (60.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 19th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:41 AM

You dont need to believe, but you sure dont want my 455 build on here. Your engine building facility (CUTLASSEFI) looks a little on the dirty side. I also noticed you have no problem leaving the factory lower timing chain sprocket on for balancing, which leads me to believe theres grime behind that sprocket. BTW, its not acceptable to drill into the 2nd counterweight back. Really, how serious are you about building peoples engines? How do you set bearing clearences? Do you always leave assembled heads on your garage/engine building facility floor? And remember, the liquor gets you into trouble.

PANOS DIRECT QUOTE:

Mark Jones, thank you,appreciate it.I lost almost 10 grand with cutlassefi ,about 1 year of my life waiting and the most important I almost lost my wife because of all the money went to smoke! The only thing I need is a rotating assembly and gaskets and I can put that thing together myself and trust me it will run much longer! I'm not even trying to ask him about that because I know it ain't happening.

Really what it comes down too is..... the proofs in the performance.

Dude why don't you just admit you're a liar, plain and simple. You got caught red handed, plain and simple.
You keep posting the same excerpts from Panos. Did I lie anywhere, anywhere? I said "my bad" for not checking on the fuel first. Is it my fault he spent twice as much putting in a SBC instead of fixing the 455 himself as he said he wanted to? I don't think so.
Panos, did I ever say I wouldn't try to help in some way? Were we correct or incorrect on the fuel issue, be honest.

VTP, you keep dodging the fact that you were caught lying plain and simple and as of this morning you've done nothing to refute it.
http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...=4335&start=60
So it's obviously true. Why don't you challenge GMrocket? He accused you of lying, is he wrong? I'll bet he's not.
I have nothing more to say on the Panos topic, it's an open book.

Just admit that you're a liar and totally misrepresented yourself, and then you got caught.

Last edited by cutlassefi; April 20th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:46 AM

And we would believe this why? Liar.

Post what ever you want on this build. I'm pretty confident most on here have figured out your game. You're already mud on HPO, where are you going to go next? Lol!!
I guess you put a crank in right after balancing? I don't, I wash it first, fully stripped.

Dude why don't you just admit you're a liar, plain and simple. You got caught red handed, plain and simple.
You keep posting the same excerpts from Panos. Did I lie anywhere, anywhere? I said "my bad" for not checking on the fuel first. Is it my fault he spent twice as much putting in a SBC instead of fixing the 455 himself as he said he wanted to? I don't think so.
Panos, did I ever say I wouldn't try to help in some way? Were we correct or incorrect on the fuel issue, be honest.

VTP, you keep dodging the fact that you were caught lying plain and simple. Admit it and suffer the consequences.
The only person suffering here is Panos, he lost 10 grand from your incompetense. Give him his money back and do the right thing. As far as lies go, you show where I lied. He's one of your many lies:

Cutlessefi: Panos - whenever I dyno an engine I always pull the pan afterwards. It's my standard procedure. I did it for mine, for yours and I did it with Kyles(10.3:1 Edelbrock heads, less cam than Panos', 32degrees of timing, but same dyno and fuel as Panos', no signs of detonation), all the ones I do. Your rod bearings showed clear signs of detonation, that backed up what I saw on the dyno. The crank was std/std and I used Clevite HXN std bearings. I had about .0025 on the rods and about .003 on the mains. Both main saddles and rod bores were done close to max dimension. I had about .018 rod side clearance iirc. Measured compression ratio was 10.8:1.

Panos' response to that:
Mark,you never told me that you changed the bearings because of detonation,you told me that you had an intake water leak in the oil .

Ridiculous LOL

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:51 AM

The only person suffering here is Panos, he lost 10 grand from your incompetense. Give him his money back and do the right thing. As far as lies go, you show where I lied. He's one of your many lies:

Cutlessefi: Panos - whenever I dyno an engine I always pull the pan afterwards. It's my standard procedure. I did it for mine, for yours and I did it with Kyles(10.3:1 Edelbrock heads, less cam than Panos', 32degrees of timing, but same dyno and fuel as Panos', no signs of detonation), all the ones I do. Your rod bearings showed clear signs of detonation, that backed up what I saw on the dyno. The crank was std/std and I used Clevite HXN std bearings. I had about .0025 on the rods and about .003 on the mains. Both main saddles and rod bores were done close to max dimension. I had about .018 rod side clearance iirc. Measured compression ratio was 10.8:1.

Ridiculous LOL
where's the lie? I told him exactly what I found and what I did

Where's the lie?:confu sed:

Man you're whacked.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:00 AM

where's the lie? I told him exactly what I found and what I did

Where's the lie?:confu sed:

Man you're whacked.
Show me where I lied. You hurt Panos, engine on the dyno, you then told him it had a leak, you never told Panos, you took the bearings out of it from steel shot contamination. You patched it up and sent it over seas to Panos full of steel shot, you clean nothing, YOU DONT EVEN HAVE EQUIPMENT TO MEASURE BEARING CLEARENCES, MUCH LESS CLEANING EQUIPMENT. And mayhem happened before according to the shop that dynos for you. Show me where I lied.

THE PROOFS IN THE PERFORMANCE
Attached Images
The Panos destruction 1.jpg (31.2 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by VORTECPRO; April 20th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.

Quick Reply: 455 build with pictures and dyno test starts today