Baffles Valve covers

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM

Baffles Valve covers

My roller rockers are hitting my baffles inside my edelbrock valve covers. I have cut the baffles out but......... my problem is the airconditioning braket will not except a taller valve cover. Anybody figure a way of modifying or finding a different valve cover that will work with the baffles?
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:52 AM

how much room?

Tim how much room do you have? I do not have a/c, but I went with a stock type chrome cover that is only 3/8ths of an inch higher, I am running harlan sharps and they do not hit... but from what I remember the a/c bracket is like right there!! maybe not even that much room, can you use a spacer on the bracket and perhaps modify it a bit to get the clearance?
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Eddie got it figured out. Basically had to cut a hole in the baffle. We then adjusted the baffle ( hammer) to clear. So if there is a will there is a way. Eddelbrock valve covers have there holes in the back on the passenger side and any breather hits the air con housing. Stock valve covers have the breather hole in the middle. Also the performer intake hole that locates the air con bracket is not exactly in the right spot. so had to do some major filing to get the stud to hit the threaded hole. also ther braket attaches to the head bolt so the holes have to be a perfect fit. No chance of shiming the bracket. Can you tell me what valve covers you did get for your car? did they have baffles in them?
Thanks for your thoughts on how to come to some solution.