pro comp heads

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by flatoz
which I would say means they are actually cast in China, but they deal with a company in Hong kong who gets them cast.

Thats a completely appropriate assumption. There isnt a whole lot of manufacturing left in HK, would seem even more unlikely to have a foundry. Its been a few years since ive was in one of remaining large industrial areas. I seem to remember a silicon wafer facility, newpaper printing plant and soy sauce bottler. For sure dont remember seeing a foundry.

In many many many cases foundries, like other HK companies, setup shop on the mainland side under joint venture with local entities.

The HK entity is like either an agent for the marketer of the head or the foundry, or the foundry's corporate office.
Old December 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM

just curious. did we ever find out anything on these heads? quality, fit, flow numbers, etc.?
Old December 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM

go over to real olds power. a few threads about them and flow number
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:29 PM

after spending a year trying to join I gave up on the crappy management over there so I was hoping to find out here what was found on the set cutlassefi ordered.
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM

If Pro Comp is going to offer a CNC machined set, they'll be seeing the 'core shift' or any machining problems firsthand!
Let's see how competetive the flow numbers and pricing are after they're done with them.
And let's hope they don't 'hand-pick' the CNC pieces, leaving the 'average Joe' with seconds!
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:18 AM

Over on ROP, Benard Mondello stated he would not be selling Pro Comps stage #2 heads which they assemble. He is selling either bare heads or machined by his shop.
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
If Pro Comp is going to offer a CNC machined set, they'll be seeing the 'core shift' or any machining problems firsthand!
Let's see how competetive the flow numbers and pricing are after they're done with them.
And let's hope they don't 'hand-pick' the CNC pieces, leaving the 'average Joe' with seconds!
I spoke with the Procomp guys at the PRI two weeks ago. They are developing the CNC program and it will be available to those who have already purchased heads as well, like me.
The anticipated cost would be $250.00, plus shipping. Pretty reasonable in my book.
They are aware of their past reputation and the gentlemen I spoke with seemed very sincere in wanting to move forward with more quality Olds parts. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Jmo
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:03 AM

and maybe Vic will step up his game . I wish they would have got the bulldog heads and went off of them
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM

i hope that they can make it work, it's great to have options...

on a side note i recall reading a write up in a fairly recent engine masters magazine in which a BBC (i think) was built up using one of their blocks and cranks? don't remember the specifics but the pics looked good and the article was very favorable... 'course i don't know if engine masters is just another sales rag or if they call it like it is...
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Shout out to CutlassEFI, any word on the flow? Hows the dyno testing going?
Im interested in this, my 455 has been on the backburner for a while waiting for a..worthy project >_> haha. Anyways, this is interesting because id like to know the difference between these heads and iron heads (Ga to be specific)
And before we go there, yeah, yeaaahhh i know..."we need more info" -_-' haha, just kidding, let us know how it goes
Old December 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

google pro comp cylinder heads oldsmobile you should be able to get the links to rop and check it out you dont have to be a member to see theads just to post.
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Registered car nut

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
after spending a year trying to join I gave up on the crappy management over there so I was hoping to find out here what was found on the set cutlassefi ordered.
I gave up and one day I decided to try again(a year later) and I was in.
I guess I was at the bottom of the stack?
No verification just 'in'.