Mark Remmel

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2016, 03:35 PM

Mark Remmel

Mark was in Dallas today and I had the honor of meeting up with him to show him the package that the 463 ci beast that he built for me. The car began life as a Cutlass S and has been born again as a 1969 HO. I had mentioned to Mark that the motor had a hesitation at cruising speeds, so he brought along his brain and computer - hard to tell which is better - and proceeded to fix my problem. I am posting a couple of pictures that include the car and Mark showing Ziggy (my local magician) the in's and out's of tweaking the AEM injection system.

I know that Mark has a very good reputation here and other sites, but I am here to tell you what a class act he is. He was very patient and took the time to show Ziggy some of the tweaks and what they do.

We took about an hour and half drive with Mark tweaking the computer in real time and under the loads that I was having problems with. Bottom line, the motor is now the final piece in a 2 year project and I could not be happier.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Very cool, a house call.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:04 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Great!

I've never dealt with him in person, but he always seemed like a good guy to me, too.

- Eric
Old November 3rd, 2016, 05:37 AM
Old(s) Fart

Mark is one of the knowledgeable, no-BS folks here who you can count on for accurate, concise information. We need more like him.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 06:29 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Agreed.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 06:31 AM

I was completely impressed by him. I told him what parts I was using in my build and wanted a cam to get me to a certain torque range with A/C and power brakes and when we dynoed the engine it was 12 ft lbs over my target. I could not be happier with the outcome....
Old November 3rd, 2016, 09:41 AM

Gentlemen thank you, I appreciate all the kind words. I try.
Jim ran into an issue and had a local tuner take a look at it. Unfortunately for Jim, he made it worse. I knew I was headed that way so I called Jim and he gave me the latest. I offered to fix it. It ran good to begin with but I know Jim was looking for some chassis dyno numbers and that guy did his own tune.
I basically undid everything that guy did. And enhanced it from there. It is easier once it's in the car.
I see this quite often. Shops that do late model OEM stuff try to adapt the same type of tune to something totally different. Often it ends with results like Jim got.
In the end I'm glad it worked. And If I may say so, Jim was a pleasure to deal with as well. I'd take a hundred Jims.

Thanks!!

Last edited by cutlassefi; November 3rd, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 04:44 PM
Hookers under Hood

A good start to a perfect end!!!!
It's hard to get that kind of dedication these days.
Put-r-ther Mark!!!
Cheers
Eric
Old November 3rd, 2016, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
Gentlemen thank you, I appreciate all the kind words. I try.
Jim ran into an issue and had a local tuner take a look at it. Unfortunately for Jim, he made it worse. I knew I was headed that way so I called Jim and he gave me the latest. I offered to fix it. It ran good to begin with but I know Jim was looking for some chassis dyno numbers and that guy did his own tune.
I basically undid everything that guy did. And enhanced it from there. It is easier once it's in the car.
I see this quite often. Shops that do late model OEM stuff try to adapt the same type of tune to something totally different. Often it ends with results like Jim got.
In the end I'm glad it worked. And If I may say so, Jim was a pleasure to deal with as well. I'd take a hundred Jims.

Thanks!!
Guys, bottom line is that I now have a drive train that completes a few years of frustration and many more dollars than I ever spent on any project in my life. Mark has followed through on every promise that he has given and then went beyond that. It is so refreshing in this day in time to run across an individual that is so honest and willing to share information. Sharing information is the one thing that so many people will not do as this is their power.

I now have my dream vehicle that runs the way it should.

Thanks again to a class act.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20161102_125717.jpg (1.48 MB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20161102_125722.jpg (1.52 MB, 153 views)

Last edited by jeure; November 3rd, 2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old November 4th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Old(s) Fart

Two words:

Grecian Formula.
Old November 4th, 2016, 09:03 AM

Oh I've been past that for 25 years!!! Lol!