intake gasket vs turkey tray

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Ben

intake gasket vs turkey tray

question... if you order the turket tray, does that go under the intake gasket set, or do you not use a regular intake gasket at all if you are running the turkey tray?

btw... this is for a cast iron intake.

Thanks- just trying to figure out what needs to be ordered.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM

If your order the felpro oem style intake it is thin steel with the valley pan or turkey tray built in. It comes with rubber end seals and sealant. It is all in one and all you need. I would recommend this for a cast iron intake.
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
If your order the felpro oem style intake it is thin steel with the valley pan or turkey tray built in. It comes with rubber end seals and sealant. It is all in one and all you need. I would recommend this for a cast iron intake.
Ok. Thats what i thought, that it WAS the intake gasket, but when i searched at summit, it did not appear when searching for intake gasket, only a search for VALLEY PAN showed it, so i was concerned.

thats what i'll be ordering. Thanks!
Old March 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
Ok. Thats what i thought, that it WAS the intake gasket, but when i searched at summit, it did not appear when searching for intake gasket, only a search for VALLEY PAN showed it, so i was concerned.

thats what i'll be ordering. Thanks!
buy it from advance auto or other parts store --- cheaper than summit. do you self a favor -- do NOT use the end rubbers supplied with it! Fill the area with a GOOD RTV sealant. Those rubbers blow out all the time and/or lose their seal. You will never have that problem if you use only RTV - and besides --- its even easier to install without having to fight those dang rubbers!!
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Administrator

There are 2 styles of intake gasket, 1 is a tray type (3 peice set) for the 330's that did not have a stock turkey tray bolted to the top of the lifter galley and the other is a set (4 peice set) for the blocks that do. Both are available from Fel-Pro.