Crank Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Crank Pulleys

How many grooves does a 1970 W-30 have on the crank pulley. My power steering squeals like old Billy Ned and it doesn't look to me like there's enough belt "wrap" around the power steering pulley. But I'm out of slots on the existing crank pulley.

Thanks!
Old December 10th, 2017, 03:07 PM

I have been trying to figure this out too. If you have ac then three grooves. Two grooves if no ac. Things start to get confusing when you talk about heavy duty cooling because everyone seems to agree if HD cooling then you got the same as ac cars even if you don't have ac. Does that mean the same pulleys too with an empty groove where ac belt should be? or did HD cooling (on non ac car) give a different water pump that has a diff shaft length along with 4 core radiator and two groove pulleys? Ive seen a member's car here with HD cooling and no ac with three grooves and it is just empty and not used. I wonder if that is the way the factory would build them?
I hope I didn't confuse you more.
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:33 AM

I spend a lot of time confused, but I followed your response! I need to determine if I have a 4 core radiator or not. Length of the water pump, etc. My car is originally non-A/C, but I have installed a Vintage Air Tru Fit system. More measuring, research, crawling around.

I do appreciate your response. Gives me some direction. Thanks!