Calling all EFI gurus!!

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2023, 07:14 PM

Calling all EFI gurus!!

I have been working for the last couple of weeks tuning a Terminator X Stealth TBI. It runs pretty well, but I've quickly learned that this is not a fully self learning system. My question is mostly around the Target AFR and Timing Tables. I've been using plug color as well as adjusting Target AFR and Timing to achieve the highest MAP reading and going from there. The car runs pretty good, but after about 30% TPS it starts losing power. I also have a freeway speed only overheating issue. I know that my exhaust is constricted and is going to be replaced by a 2.5" true dual with Magnaflows next week. I would love to have somebody more experienced take a look at my tune and give me some feedback. My CL compensation is under +-2 so my Fueling table is pretty close, but I need to smooth out my Target AFR Tables. I personally think I need to lean out my idle and my cruise a bit, but I'm keeping it a little rich until I work out my overheating at freeway speed.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Skylark8.zip (10.8 KB, 14 views)
Old April 19th, 2023, 07:06 AM

The Holley wideband feedback tends to show leaner than it really is. Your Target air/fuel table isn't terrible, I've seen worse.
But without knowing your combination I can't comment on what your base targets should really be.
Old April 19th, 2023, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
The Holley wideband feedback tends to show leaner than it really is. Your Target air/fuel table isn't terrible, I've seen worse.
But without knowing your combination I can't comment on what your base targets should really be.
Its a stock 75 smog 455 with the original EGR intake that I've disabled. Th400 and 3.36 posi running 225\75R17's. Any other info you might want?
Old April 19th, 2023, 04:12 PM

Another issue I'm having is getting my Idle down. I have checked, rechecked and checked again for any source of vacumn leaks and fixed several. I can get it to 700, but with both primary and secondary adjustment screws all the way out, the only way for me to drop it any further is to physically push down on the secondary linkage. Only leak I have left is that with the IAC at 0, i'm pulling in a lot of vacumn from the IAC port. If I plug it however, it doesnt seam to lower the rpm any lower.
Old April 19th, 2023, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Redyota
Another issue I'm having is getting my Idle down. I have checked, rechecked and checked again for any source of vacumn leaks and fixed several. I can get it to 700, but with both primary and secondary adjustment screws all the way out, the only way for me to drop it any further is to physically push down on the secondary linkage. Only leak I have left is that with the IAC at 0, i'm pulling in a lot of vacuum from the IAC port. If I plug it however, it doesnt seam to lower the rpm any lower.
The secondary plates are known to stick. try a stronger spring or you may have to loosen and re center them.
Your timing is pretty aggressive in the lower rpm stages and light up top, Your tables aren't scaled correctly for your application either. Rev limiter set at 6800? Really, hmmm.

Old April 19th, 2023, 05:46 PM

yeah, I may have missed that.

I used have the timing in the top end closer to 50, but I'm fighting an overheat issue only at freeway speeds, so I backed it off a ton. I'll take a look at loosening and adjusting the secondary plate. What's your thoughts about the IAC pulling air even when commanded 0?

I see an option in the Terminator X software for a progressive linkage. Have you ever tried it? Its super touchy right at throttle tip in.
Old April 20th, 2023, 04:12 AM

https://forums.holley.com/

Lots of help here^^^^^