Almost got it

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:06 PM

Almost got it

I finally to my 71 442 clone convertible out on the road to day after fixing the probem that I screwed up on. I didn't gap the plugs and had the bone stock 455 running rich and spitting black smoke. So after finally figuring that out I took it out on the road to give it a little test drive, BBO ran very well but kind sputters just a little going up hill can I play with those air flow screws on my edelbrock carb and resolve this minor issue and it did die on me leaving the gas station and the engine was good and hot. So I thinking open the car with the air flow screws alittle what do you all think I need expert advise I have enough rookie input of my own. from my self. Also I noticed a little pinging on lite acceration like going up a small hill. But I put I think to much Seafoam in the tank to try to clear up the black smoke from the plug issue also. I think with the excessive amount of Seafoam is making it ping the bottom line is I need to try the car more often to work out the small stuff but my $$ is a little funny right now but thing will be better soon. advise please

Last edited by antweave; July 31st, 2011 at 02:49 PM.