455 build in Pacific Northwest

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM

455 build in Pacific Northwest

I'm in the early stages of rebuilding a 455 I picked up. I'm in southern British Columbia and dont have many resources around me here ( machine shops in particular) that are familiar with rebuilding Olds powerplants. This motor will be built with performance and longevity in mind. I've bought the books and read what I have to do but I'm worried I may be let down by a shop without the knowledge. I want to have the work done in Washington State if possible,(Spokane preferrably) and was curious if anyone knows of a shop in that region that is Olds knowledgeable. I've read too many horror stories on this site of builds gone poorly by the wrong shops or people. Thanks for any input or advice, you guys are always very helpful
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:05 PM

Rambow may have some info, hes in that area. good luck
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:09 PM

I don't know of one in Spokane but I do know one in Kirkland Washington.
C $ D Engine Performance is very familiar with the Olds engines. He has the bore plates and other items to do great Job. He built my 455 for my 48 Olds
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:21 PM

Perfect! Thanks. I might be over thinking all this, but I cant afford to do it twice!
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:59 PM

You're in BC but want the work done in Washington? I had my 455 short block bored, balanced and assembled by Canada Engines in Surrey five years ago and it was done right

http://www.canadaengines.com/

Last edited by Grumbler; December 19th, 2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add link
Old December 19th, 2014, 03:56 PM

Joss Technical Lethbridge AB

Originally Posted by camdon454
I'm in the early stages of rebuilding a 455 I picked up. I'm in southern British Columbia and dont have many resources around me here ( machine shops in particular) that are familiar with rebuilding Olds powerplants. This motor will be built with performance and longevity in mind. I've bought the books and read what I have to do but I'm worried I may be let down by a shop without the knowledge. I want to have the work done in Washington State if possible,(Spokane preferrably) and was curious if anyone knows of a shop in that region that is Olds knowledgeable. I've read too many horror stories on this site of builds gone poorly by the wrong shops or people. Thanks for any input or advice, you guys are always very helpful

The Canadian dollar is at a 5 year low. Spend your money in Canada.

Numerous members of this forum including myself have had Oldsmobile engines built in Lethbridge AB by Wayne Joss @ Joss Technical.

http://josstechnical.com/

You can read about my builds on his website. Wayne built both my 524 cid BBO stroker & my 470 cid SBO stroker as well as the 468 BBO in my 1980 GMC. Wayne can provide engine design & assembly services as well as engine & chassis dyno services. Give him a call; you will not go wrong with Wayne.

Last edited by oldsmobiledave; December 19th, 2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM

Appreciate the feedback, I'm going to call both places. The Canadian dollar sure is low right now for sure. Too bad, seems all the go fast parts are supplied in the good ol' U.S.A! Reason I was looking south for help is how much closer it is for me. I'm only a 2hr drive to Spokane, Lethbridge or the lower mainland are about 8hrs for me. Regardless I'm going to call them now. Thanks again