New Guy Here!!! Who Needs Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Cool New Guy Here!!! Who Needs Help !!!

Hey guys...

I'm looking to add gauges to my 04 alero...they are (water temp/oil press/tach)....and im just wondering if anyone knows where i can find the spot/places that i can connect these under the hoodnow the thing is that i dont have the gauges yet, i'm waiting to receive them from ebay...but im just trying to get ahead of the game here

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Phil
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Don't know why you want a tach, the dash already has one and you already have a water temp gauge too.

The oil pressure, the oil sending unit will have to be "T" into. It's next to the oil filter on the front of the engine. At least it is on the 3400 motor.

Lighting is easy, just tap into the brown wire on the back of the radio and the yellow wire for ign
Old September 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Redog

Have you ever seen a 3400 engine break a rocker and bend a pushrod? I've got a 02 that my son drives and he came home one night told me the service engine light was blinking. I scaned it and got #3 missfire. Took a compression test, was ok, checked for fuel in the cylinder, ok then removed the valve cover and found the broken parts, what do you think caused that?? Still has stock airbox and was serviced about 5K before this happened.
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by Tucker442
Have you ever seen a 3400 engine break a rocker and bend a pushrod? I've got a 02 that my son drives and he came home one night told me the service engine light was blinking. I scaned it and got #3 missfire. Took a compression test, was ok, checked for fuel in the cylinder, ok then removed the valve cover and found the broken parts, what do you think caused that?? Still has stock airbox and was serviced about 5K before this happened.

Heavy foot?