Check this W30 out....and a question

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Check this W30 out....and a question

Check out this auction. Look at the engine pic. I thought when AC wasn't ordered the alternator was put on the upper passenger side and the power steering pump was on the lower driver's side. Looking at the interior pic this doesn't appear to have been an AC car.........and I can see the lines going to the PS pump......but you'd never be able to get to the PS pump cap with this setup. But the alternator brackets looks sort of factory. Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM
InfoJunkie

All the induction parts from the block up are all aftermarket performance parts. Those intakes do not have the boss for the alternator support so an A/C bracket fits fully attached. Lotsa other small mods to compensate for the addons.
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by bobb
Check out this auction. Look at the engine pic. I thought when AC wasn't ordered the alternator was put on the upper passenger side and the power steering pump was on the lower driver's side. Looking at the interior pic this doesn't appear to have been an AC car.........and I can see the lines going to the PS pump......but you'd never be able to get to the PS pump cap with this setup. But the alternator brackets looks sort of factory. Any ideas?
Well, pretty much everything that makes it a W-30 is missing. The red inner fenders look like repros in the photos (many repros are poorly molded and lack the crisp edges on the raised bosses and wire harness trays). The broadcast card that he claims to have should say W-30 on it, but he did not post a photo of it. Draw your own conclusion.

I don't understand why you think there's a problem with PS pump access. The alternator bracket is a stock A/C part (obviously not original to this car) and you can reach the pump on A/C cars.