Throttle Switch

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Throttle Switch

These are the pictures of my throttle switch I just disassembled to rebuild. I have a question: Does this control transmission kickdown, the switch pitch converter or both? I tried doing a continuity test but the inside was pretty cruded up so I took it apart to clean. Once I clean the guts up and the electric contacts I'll be able to get a better idea of when and how it works. Also there are three terminals: Bat, 1, 2. I'll assume Bat = 12v source. The switch pitch connector on the transmission has two contacts. Does anyone know the proper way to hook this up? I'm sure I could figure it out given enough time but I'll defer to the experts here.
When I used to race with this transmission I used a simple toggle switch to power the switch pitch converter but if I can get the new throttle switch to do it better I might go that route. The car has no kickdown ability so I'm not concerned with that. This is a full manual automatic, no upshift or downshift capability. It's all you pushing the shifter.

Thanks,
George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
T. Switch.jpg (140.1 KB, 24 views)
T. Switch (1).jpg (128.8 KB, 19 views)
T. Switch (2).jpg (125.9 KB, 20 views)