Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

Chrome for the Olds'

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Chrome for the Olds'

Just wanted to know where yall guys get your chrome parts from. I got a couple of chrome engine parts from the local parts house but they are pretty low quality. I'm not looking for show quality but would like something that looks decent.

Also, can some one recommend an affordable re-chrome shop or a place to buy bumpers and side trim.

Thanks again
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by 2tuff65
Just wanted to know where yall guys get your chrome parts from. I got a couple of chrome engine parts from the local parts house but they are pretty low quality. I'm not looking for show quality but would like something that looks decent.

Also, can some one recommend an affordable re-chrome shop or a place to buy bumpers and side trim.

Thanks again
I assume this is for your 65. You won't find any aftermarket trim. I don't know that car specificly but its possible its not chrome but instead polished stainless or a combo of plated potmetal and stainless. My bes suggestion is go to car shows in you area and look a as many cars as you can. When you see trim thats nice enough to satisfy you then start asking owners where they had it done. Really nice chrome and polish work can get real expensive really fast since its so labor intensive.
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM

A good place to start your search would be your local Olds Club of America. They have a website with contact numbers for all of their chapters. There is probably someone in your OCA club that knows of a good re-chroming shop.
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Olds64
A good place to start your search would be your local Olds Club of America. They have a website with contact numbers for all of their chapters. There is probably someone in your OCA club that knows of a good re-chroming shop.
Not saying that is a bad idea but limiting to just an Olds club when it comes to chrome he might miss some good shops. All makes of cars in the 50's and 60's use a lot or chrome and bright trim. I say talk to any classic car owners of cars in that era. Good luck
Old September 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Ive found some on ebay, and it was pretty nice, not promoter of that site, just ive found some nice trim pieces, replateing the pot metal side trim is not cheap by any means just keep looking it will show up
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the info guys,

I checked with the Nor Cal Olds club and am waiting for a response.

I work weekends so at the moment I've been having trouble getting to go to any car shows / swap meets. But hopefully that'll change soon.

I'll check ebay out but im always a lil' worried when using them for anything more then cheap work clothes. Hopfully i can find a good seller with some good stuff.

I also thought about calling some auto body shops in the area but where i live there isnt much here for shade tree mechanics. I had to do a 2 hour road trip to get my wheels, but the smoothies do look great on it!
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:13 PM

chrome parts

I bought mines off of ebay for cheap.I had them for about a year and still holding up strong.I stay in the bay area.Let me know if you need any leads or info on something.I usually know a few people here and there.