ANybody using Legendary bolstered buckets?

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2024, 11:12 AM

ANybody using Legendary bolstered buckets?

Hi, i've had my buckets redone with the Legendary bolster kit/covers (70 cutlass) and the seats seems really high compared to my originals. i expected a bit of a raise but when i sit in the car (at 5'10 or so) my line of sight is just below the blue A/C stripe on the windshield. Stock mounting location/bolts and frames/rails. Also the seat is adjusted to the back most setting and i could use 1-2 more inches. Just wondering if anybody experienced this and if yes did you do any adjustments?

Thanks,
Ed
Old April 17th, 2024, 08:04 PM

If I’m understanding correctly, you might have ordered Legendary’s enhanced “sport” seat kits that “hug” the driver while retaining a factory appearance. Obviously they don’t fit the same as factory, but some folks want an enhanced version.
Old April 18th, 2024, 05:25 AM

Yup, search this forum for feedback on that product. They made the buns thicker and firmer than stock, resulting in a high seating position. I think RAMBOW had some tricks to make it a bit better.
Old April 18th, 2024, 08:33 AM
Ben

I've installed several of the Legendary "Rallye" cover bun combos for customers over the last few years.
The foam is stiff as a brick when compared with the originals or the good stock reproductions (should be SOFT)- and as you experienced it raises you up and pushes you forward quite a bit.

Since the covers are already on, modifying the foam centers is out of the question... So the easiest way to "fix" this is to buy a pair of seat track extenders, which will allow the seat to move back farther.
If that is not enough, the next step would be to buy a pair of reproduction seat tracks and cut and reweld the feet to be an inch lower.
I would only do this for the drivers seat.

Just my thoughts.
-Ben
Old April 18th, 2024, 09:04 AM

Yeah, i should have researched a bit. Great idea on the seat extenders, i'll get them for sure. Stating all of this, the seats are really comfortable, look good and make me look taller! 8)

Thanks for the replies team!

Ed