General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Ever deal with CPU? they should drop the "C"

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM

Ever deal with CPU? they should drop the "C"

I have never had so much trouble with a parts place in my life. First I ordered a front bumper and he wanted $98 for shipping. I told him to cancel the order because other companies charge $40 He came up with quite a story about why it was $98...They shipped it anyway and caused alot of confusion because ordered it from a place that charged $40. The ordering guy knows very little about old cars in general and never sent me an invoice on things that he had or didn't have. After ordering plastic olds emblem SSIII inserts I ended up with a set of SSI caps that are well over $100. The guy won't email me or answer the phone for days.
What do I do now?
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM

I hope you used a credit card, as you could dispute the charges and have them reversed. THEN the guy will listen to ya!

Now if they sent you a set of center caps for the price of the little insert decals, I might let it slide, resell the caps, and order new decals from Fusick!

Sounds like a horrible place to order from - I have not heard of them thankfully...
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Blood pressure is rising

I'm glad this company is a couple states away I'm afraid I would make a scene. In the last 20 plus years of dealing with several companies no one even comes close to CPU, I mean PPPUUUUU. The guys voice mailbox is full...I wonder why? I called at least 20 times.
I'm popping a couple extra blood pressure pills.
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Your right when the voice mailbox is full you know your working with a flaky company makes you want to reach thru the pone line and grab the snake by the neck and strangle him. Stress the desire to kick the livin sh*t out of someone who deserves it but you can't. Another company on my list of don't do business with.
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I hope you used a credit card, as you could dispute the charges and have them reversed. THEN the guy will listen to ya!..
Credit Card is the only way to pay !
Pay-Pals works also, but much more of a hassle when making a claim.
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM

CPU PPEEUUUU

I've decided to keep the ss1 caps and try to sell them at a loss or use them in the future. I sent them an email in capitol letters that I would keep the caps that they mistakenly sent me and please refund my card for the bumper and don't send me anything else and you'll never hear from me again.
The guy is pretty slick, he sells repop bumpers $10 cheaper than anyone else but here is where he gets you. He charges $40 to ship the back bumper like everone else then nails you $98 shipping on the front and claims it is a bigger box which is untrue.
I have never dealt with a company worse than CPU.
After Wednesday my credit card company will try to retreve my money.
Live and learn.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM

still waiting for CPU

I am still waiting for window felts. The service is beyond bad, it's amazing there still in buisness. I am sitting on hold while I type this. If you feel a need to test the limits of your sanity... Order from CPU
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:45 AM

OK - I have ordered parts from everywhere - What is CPU?

GG
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:58 AM

http://www.cpucarparts.com/
I sat on hold for 15 minutes and gave up yesterday. I guess I'll have to try again.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by MN71W30
http://www.cpucarparts.com/
I sat on hold for 15 minutes and gave up yesterday. I guess I'll have to try again.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. CPU? Never heard of them. Looked up the web address you listed. Hmmmm....the blonde with the fake smile gave me instant chills about who I'm dealing with. Maybe that's who they want to phone????

Anyway, hope you get your $$ back on the credit card. Most of the CC companies are really good about getting back on non performing sellers. I'll add these guys to my Boycott list. They go right after BAP (Brothers)

BTW, sounds like from the amount of time you've been on the phone you could have driven cross state and called em out face to face. Bet they would be a little surprised and intimidated if someone actually showed up on their door demanding service and parts.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM

They changed their web page. That chick isn't part of the CPU I've been dealing with. It is another weird mystery
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM

looks like there contract with the server is up. The server put up a site that is somewhat related. In short they did not pay there bill.

Gene
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM

I'm trying my best to be very polite

It's a shame I can't really tell the guy what I think of his screwed up operation. Because he is holding the cards. I did finally get a refund on the bumper but I am waiting for him to refund close to $200 on another mistake they made. I also am waiting on a set of window felts. I was a little hard on the guy at first for trying to charge me $98 to ship a bumper when everone else charges $40 and after that I got moved to the back burner. I'm glad he is 400 miles away or I'd probably have stopped in for a little chat.
I wasn't happy with the prices at Fusicks so I went else where and learned that saving a few bucks isn't always worth the the trouble.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM

Might be lucky they are 400 miles away. Hate to have to take up a collection to get you out of jail after you kick the sh*t out of the quy. I would rather spend the money on beer and help you drink it while you blow of steam. This is the down side of dealing on the internet
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Might be lucky they are 400 miles away. Hate to have to take up a collection to get you out of jail after you kick the sh*t out of the quy. I would rather spend the money on beer and help you drink it while you blow of steam. This is the down side of dealing on the internet
LOL
I needed a good laugh to get the weekend going. I'm trying the Joe niceguy approach until things get straightened out. Then I'm openeing up a can of whoop a$$.
My bark is worse than my bite.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM

Same here, at my age not a whole lot of bite left more in to making love not war. Doesn't change the fact that some people need a dance in a dark room with a baseball bat
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM

Just got my money back

I had to call my credit card company and have them dispute the return charge from April of 09. It was $189.00 He had 60 days to contest the back charge. The idiot let the 60 days go by then he calls me up kinda pissed off and said he thought I pulled the trigger a little fast. The goof had his numbskull worker call me and try to get me to return the money because he claims he fefunded me in June. I said sorry I just got off the phone with my credit card company and there is no credit on my account from you guys. I called this jerk 20 times and he never called back. Now he wants to talk. I even double checked the losers story and of course he is F.O.S.
I learned a couple valueble lessons. First, use your credit card!!!! Always use a reputable vender!!! Google the buisness. Her's what someone else wrote.
Read More Reviews Customer Reviews MerchantCircle Yahoo! Local Citysearch Insider Pages Yellowpages.com

Steer Clear

I ordered a bunch of parts from these guys, to save on the shipping, they came in slightly cheaper than National Parts Depot. Not worth it though- I had to wait almost a month for my stuff (still haven't got it all). Some of it was for the wrong year vehicle, they continually gave me stories about being on vacation, computers down etc and never got back to me... so I'm stuck with a bunch of parts that are wrong, and can't find the guys because they don't have a storefront anymore.... I wished i'd paid the extra 40 bucks and I would have had my parts in 2 days from National Parts Depot...

STAY CLEAR FROM THESE GUYS !!!
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM

BUMMER!
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Captain of my ship

Lesson learned

Sorry to hear about your ordeal but it brings back memories of a different company (not car parts) . Luckily I found this site before ordering my Olds parts and they directed me to Fusicks which had all the parts and shipped fairly quickly. We probably all have learned about some shady companies the hard way , at least us old guys
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM

I hear ya wolfman.
If I owed some money to a guy named Wolfman, I'd pay him back in a hurry. Especially before the next full moon.
Have a great week.
Dave
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Registered Luser

Glad you finally got it settled ! Just plain riddiculus for you to have to go thru that! Never heard of CPU, but will now make sure to never deal with them! I recently went through a similar experience with DVAP! They tried to sell me garbage, and sneak it on my front porch so they could say"I accepted it!" Only took 3 mos and several calls for them to finally give in! Was very surprised w/DVAP as I've never had problems from them before!
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Glad you finally got it settled ! Just plain riddiculus for you to have to go thru that! Never heard of CPU, but will now make sure to never deal with them! I recently went through a similar experience with DVAP! They tried to sell me garbage, and sneak it on my front porch so they could say"I accepted it!" Only took 3 mos and several calls for them to finally give in! Was very surprised w/DVAP as I've never had problems from them before!
Is that desert valley aut parts? If thats the one on the south end of Pheonix I was there last winter. The prices were above Ebay prices. It was fun to walk around and see the cars.
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Thats the one on the north end of town. They were a little easier to deal with. "A little" They have a lot of Oldsmobiles.
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Sorry to hear about your ordeal but it brings back memories of a different company (not car parts) . Luckily I found this site before ordering my Olds parts and they directed me to Fusicks which had all the parts and shipped fairly quickly. We probably all have learned about some shady companies the hard way , at least us old guys
I have done buiness with Fusicks, since 1987. Mike has always treated me right!