1971 cutlass convertible wiring ???

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2023, 11:40 AM

1971 cutlass convertible wiring ???

cutlass convertible wiring ???Hi im new to this form so thank you allowing me to join.
I have been handed this very nice car already stripped of all hardware and ready to be built. Unfortunately I didn't see

The plug from the pwr locks (does it go in fuse box)

Bus bar ( does it go into the fuae box giving switched ing pwr and then plug i the pwr locks)

Two eyelet ends coming from the pwr window's. (Do they go to the 40 amp circuit breaker)

40 amp circuit breaker( where is it getting its pwr from)
it come apart so its a slow process to put back together. I'm putting the old harness back in the vehicle and am a little stumped at the pwr windows and locks. The 10g orange with black tracer in particular. I see there is a slot in the fuse box which fits the pwr door lock plug or I could put in the junction box with the two plugs ( I'm assuming the junction box would alow switched ign pwr) but the pwr window harness orange w black tracer has eyelets on both orange wires. I'm guessing they must go to the 40 amp circuit breaker. However that leaves me with looking for a place to connect the pwr for the circuit breaker. In the book it seamed both locks and windows were on the same circuit. Anyone able to help. I have both service and body manuals.
thanks Austen