65 dynamic 88 conv.

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2007, 09:05 AM

65 dynamic 88 conv.

I am a little new to this, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to find a manufacturer part list numbers for my 1965 dynamic 88 I just bought, I can't seem to locate one on the web. Also, I was wondering for a few part sources - I know about Fusick's, and a few others, but they deal with Cutlass and 442 a lot more than the Dynamic 88's. Maybe some one could direct me. Thanks
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Freedom Fighter

Welcome Joe, relatively new to the forum and Olds myself. I picked up a 67 Delta 88 convertible about a month ago and have been gathering information (mostly via the great users on this forum) and literature. I found quite a bit of documents on eBay. I searched using many key words as if you search with just your car specs, you may not get anything. Try searching using 'Olds', 65, 1965, and Dynamic. Also check the hits for the eBay stores that come up. You will have to 'surf' the many items looking for the ones that apply to your year/model. I picked up a full shop manual (over 1200 pages, whew!), an exact owners manual, a complete body manual (Fisher series), a parts spec listing (like what your looking for) , along with some posters, dealers brochures, and other items. My dad who is a big-time collector told me to gather all I could related to the car. It helps in restoration, maintenance, and adds to its value.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Welcome Joe, Big Olds, the B-bodies are hard to find parts for. Nobody repops them. Used parts are out there, ebay, his list, yada, yada. I have a solid 66 Dynamic conv project car, one of many, on the list of cars to do. Good luck, Ken
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Thank's Guys for the advice, you guys are a big help. One more question Does any one know a good bumper rechromer - the rear needs some repair work - (rust, and a hole in it about the size of a bottom of a soda can) so it needs to be worked on. Anyone reasonable in the New England area, if not, I can always ship it. Thank's again
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:47 PM

88 sources

If you want a good drivetrain parts list, try Supercars unlimited in Portland, Oregon. Their cataliog lists lots of pictures and original factory part ( casting ) numbers. They specialize in 442, but many drivetrain parts they list have part numbers, and the 442 400 inch engine is an under-bored 425 engine. all parts are the same except for pistons. a 455 used in later 442's is a stroked 425. The 455 uses a 39 degree cam bank angle and larger lifters, longer rods, etc. but even many of those parts are interchangeable.
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Hi Joe and everybody else. I just joined myself a few days ago. Besides ebay and Fusick, I've bought parts for my '62 Dynamic at USA Parts Supply. They sell GM parts but are known for 1941-1975 Big Body Oldsmobiles parts. Here is the website http://www.usapartssupply.com/. You can download a text catalog but I recommend that you send away for a printed catalog instead.