Convertible windshiels stainelss removal

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM

Convertible windshiels stainelss removal

Can anyone tell me how to remove the stainless trim from my windshield? I took the screws out of the pillar post trim, but the trim didnt seem to want to move and I dont want to bend it
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
2Blue 55

I am unsuer about converts. But DO NOT THINK IT COULD BE STUCK AND PULL ON IT I learned this the hard way, the metal is not thick and it split and bent. On mine there were anchor bolts on the inside under the interior. I would highly suggest to consult a manual on this one unless there are interior bolts (screws) on the inside. When I pulled on mine the screws pilled out of the fastener but i was lucky enough to be able to bend the tip back so it could be usrd again. The screws are hard to find and you really have to look for them.

Hope this helps.
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:48 AM

I got it...there were screws, tiny ones in the trim. I first had to separate the weatherstrip channel fromm the main pillar tripm. It was held on with some adhesive. The pillar trim, once the screws were out, was kind of stuck with a bunch of what looked like old windshield adhesive. This may have been used to fill some void space behind the trim. Lastly, I pried the top windshield stainless out, I ruined the fasteners while doing this, so I'll need new ones.