The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2014, 03:52 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. Interesting conundrum you have there. Well either way hope you have a safe trip.

Allan. Interesting stuff on that Toro. Still waiting on the snow. It's about 34 and raining. but there must be a little more heat up in the clouds.

Have a Friday all.
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Got sum shoowers las nite, hopefully der're gone fo a while

Sandy, Hope today is better fer ya Jes google up the chimp/seal joke, It werks fer me. Oh wait below is anutter one

Zo, My step son an his squeeze are buying a house.Naturally, I get axed alot of questions and try to give some advice [which of course is promptly ignored]

Anywho de Super model says de house is on a "Reservoir" next thing I know,its not on a reservoir, it has a retention pond in de back yard but Really what's de diif? Well one holds water and one stays empty most de time

Mike, De more people I know the more I like my dog. Next time ya reshuffle cars, Let me know, I wanta come get a count.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Old September 12th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. Fried day agin.

Sorry Clint. Hope all you get is the moisture and it's over soon.

Funny vid Jim. Hyuk hyuk snort...

Free storage, parking and pop isn't really free huh Mike?

GTG, enjoy your day.
Old September 12th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

And the rain starts. We've only gotten a little bit of thunder and some light rain, but it's enough to make the dogs freak out. Yet another test for the dogs' room tonight.

Well I don't know just what did it, I'm going with Divine, my neighbor is going to stay in New Jersey and come home with his wife either next month or November. So I don't have to go up there next week. Praise be! I talked with him when I was driving to work yesterday and he said things are good [for now] and the original plan stands. But I'll be the first one he calls if something changes. Great. All this drama.

Jamesbo come on down. After you count them all up you can help me move them.

Question for the automotive electrical type. I may have asked this before but I don't remember what was said about it. The regulator in the wagon started smoking so I unplugged it. Am I now getting unregulated charging to the battery or nothing to the battery? And is the fix as easy as putting on a new regulator?

So have a good weekend everyone. Time to wash off work and go whoop it up.
Old September 12th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - yes. Get a new regulator and you're good. Usually when an electrical part starts smoking? You slap it silly and tell it smoking is bad for it's health. Actually, when the regulator fries, it's not worth trying to rebuild - cheaper to replace. Check the connector to the VR too just to see if it melted. If it did you can also replace that.

Just checked O'Reilly for a 70 VC external reg and their cheapest is around 55.00. Don't know what range you need but the catalogue shows:
Multiple Applications
55 Amp
- Delco
- Alternator Number: 1100777, 1100891, 1100892, 110089
55, 61 Or 63 Amp
- Delco
- Alternator Number: 1100777, 1100891, 1100892, 1100889
61 Or 63 Amp
- Delco
Number Of Terminals: 4
Quantity Per Vehicle: 1

If you're in no hurry? Check Rockauto. They list this for a measly 14.00 + shipping. BTW you can get a discount if you check for RA discount sticky codes on the site. The most current one is listed here :
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # VR103T More Info T-Series One of our most popular parts Delco; Alt. No. 1100777, 891, 892, 89; 61 or 63 Amp; 55 Amp
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike No chargy chargy with it unplugged. You can use a jumper to full field it But you will cook your battery if you leave it that way.

Allan, had to fire up the furnace last night. is was 52 in tha casa when we got home last evening.Spose to hit 70's today. we'll see.

well got to get at it.

Happy weekend.

Old September 13th, 2014, 04:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear dis mawn'in but spose to rain later in de day

Clint, cool video. Reminds me of the line from Grand Prix." Have a lack of imagination of what it's like to run into a tree at 150 mph "

Sandy, Hope you're gonna have a great weekend

I'm trying to figger out how to get sum text pics Steve sent me of his 69 [maybe] W-30 drop top shell from my new windows phone to my puter so I can post dem ere fer de "experts" to look at.

Mike, I'm kinda curios. How many battery tenders do you have?

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Long night at work. Engine change. The engine itself isn't bad but the stand is ridiculous. Got the plane four hours late so dayshift will be finishing up for us.

Clint that's a bizarre video. Those drivers are being tossed around like rag dolls.

Jamesbo I don't have any battery tenders. If something won't start I got a pretty good battery charger. And my neighbor has a big charger with something like a 200 amp starting position.

Allan I can't just buy any chinesium (spell check actually thinks that's a word) regulator, I need to find one that says Delco-Remy on it. I guess I could swap out the covers. Hm, that way the undercoating will still match against the firewall.

We had rain last night at home but none at the airport. We're supposed to get rain today but not sure when. Probably right after I get to sleep.

Okay see you all later. Night 3 tonight gotta be ready.
Old September 13th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Clint, I've had the furnace on here since Sunday. Overnight lows are consistently around 35 and daytime highs barely up to 55. Did someone leave a window open while you were out? 52 in the house is really cold.

Mike, if you think the AC Delco ones aren't Chinesium? Dreamer. ACDelco farms out most of their components to Mexico or offshore and sells them under the brand name. If you check the packaging it will tell you what country they were made in. Buy a good aftermarket one and just swap covers if that's important to you. Interestingly enough there's peeps selling AC Delco covers for big bucks on eBay. Unless the VC is going into full resto, I wouldn't be worried about period correct date codes. What amp rating do you need? I have a few VRs in the shed.

Time for a cuppa Joe. Enjoy your day.
Old September 13th, 2014, 08:15 AM

I'm trying to figger out how to get sum text pics Steve sent me of his 69 [maybe] W-30 drop top shell from my new windows phone to my puter so I can post dem ere fer de "experts" to look at.
Email them to your computer and save to your pictures folder, then you can attach them to whatever you want to post.
Old September 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Dat's what I've been try'in to do all mawn'in
Old September 13th, 2014, 10:12 AM

I believe that it can best be solved by playing a round of golf, and thinking on it a little!
Old September 13th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Thanks, Capitol idear, only it's fix'in to come up a cloud. [pour cats and dogs]
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Big Friday. I don't want to get too excited because my vacation will be over before I know it and then I'll have nothing to look forward to. I wouldn't mind getting out a little early tonight, or a lot early.

Allan I know everything is made in China these days, I will go to NAPA and get a regulator and swap covers. I don't plan a 100 point resto but why have something look generic when you don't have to? Years ago I thought a chrome regulator would be just the thing to liven up my green 4 door. Nothing wrong with the old regulator but it got tossed. I don't think it was a couple years before the chrome one was all rusted and pitted. Wish now I would have left it be.

Sandy hope your weekend is going well.

We had just a spot of rain this afternoon after I woke up. We must have had thunder or something because my girl was a royal pain. She finally crawled up on the bed and went to sleep. Sun was out when I got up, then it clouded up and rained, now the sun is out again.

Okay off I go. Have a good evening everyone hope the weekend is being good to you.
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:44 AM

Morning all, brrr.
Old September 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.
Yeah, brrrr. 39* here this morning but looks like it'll turn out nice.

Got coffee brewing so c'mon over.

You digger oot the pics yet Jim? There was a thread on the site awhile ago that talked about the problem posting pics from an I phone.

Suns not up yet but the noisy neighbors are. I think the 2 girls living next door now are hookers. Can't win it seems.

Enjoy your day.
Old September 14th, 2014, 06:19 AM

Mawn'in

Rained in de mountains las nite but jes overcast now

Had adult beverages wit a friend on de dock last nite and fix up a mess of Grits a ya ya............yum

http://www.pensacolacelebritychefs.c...ts-a-ya-ya.php

sum'in 'bout de mixture of smoked gouda, bacon, spinach and mushrooms dat gives it a real earthy flavor

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old September 14th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Spent the night last night in the bag bin. Came home covered in metal shavings and fiberglass dust. Yuck. Well I cleaned up nice, slept a little bit and now need to get with it.

Don't worry about the pictures Jamesbo. They won't work no matter what you do then all of a sudden one day they will work fine and you won't know what happened. At work we'd call that PFM. No need to question it.

Well I best do something. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
Old September 14th, 2014, 04:28 PM

A beautiful Sunday here in SE WI. Dry, low 70's, and a nice breeze. Cut the grass so the goats and/or sheep will have to go hungry as they pass our yard for a little while.

Sandy, hope that your days are getting better.
Old September 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another weekend has come and gone but it was a nice one at least here. Was in the 70's and sunny. Definitely not ready for the white stuff and freezing temps that some of you are talking about already.

Sandy - glad to hear your surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mike - I wish the business was doing that good but at least its on the right track.

Allan - nice picture of the AMX. Wouldn't mind having one of those.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, Good to hear from your. Looks like the 'All in one' is selling well. They backordered it on me. Lucky for me I actually ordered it before I really had to have it so all is good.

Cutlassdad, Are you in an open range area? I mowed part of the backyard for the chickens but left the rest long for the mules. It's kinda worked out well this year. they get out to graze just enough to keep it from getting too long. Mowed the front last night. Smells like a winery over by the neighbors crabapple tree.

Mike Jamesbo. It's amazing to see where racing safety has come in the years since that video. Not sure if I'd call those guys tough or stupid.

Allan. I waited till it got real cold to turn the furnace on. I don't like to turn it on until November, but on the plus side our state isn't on fire like it usually is this time of year. Sounds like Cali is tho.

Have a day all.
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got to bed early, got up early. But not as early as Clint. Seems the dogs are consistent with sleeping 6 hours at night. Why not, they sleep most of the day.

Darrell on the right track is good news. I've wanted to start my own business for awhile now but not sure I have the talent.

I read somewhere that after "That 70s Show" ended the producers sold the Cruiser to the guy that played Fez for $500.

So early to the Awful house and then to the junkyard. If the rain stays at bay my plan is to come home and change the oil in the blue van and attempt to wash it. I haven't done that in a year or better and the fallout from the pine tress is sort of thick on the roof.

And Happy Monday.
Old September 15th, 2014, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Mike, I'd jes suds it up den go to de Aweful House cause when ya get back it'll be rinsed

I think Red at sum funny brownies by mistake and once so de Vista fer les dan dat

Welp, Tis Monday but de forecast don't look so promising

Gonna go try to smack whitey round before de monsoons hit

Clint, Is dis Hurricane in Mexico go bring y'all some rain. Hope not too much. BTW How come it's not called a typhoon if it's in de Pacific

Sandy, Here's wishing you a better week.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old September 15th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Bad weather has left, so back to more normal temps for the next week. Grilling weather for awhile I guess.

Hoping the roofing crew gets here this week so the shingles will bond together after they're installed.

Nothin much else. Just going to work on replacing more of the flower garden and plant some junipers.

Turned off the furnace for now Clint. I like to keep the house around 70 for the missus.

Time for a coffee. Enjoy your day.
Old September 15th, 2014, 08:37 AM

CQR-no it's not open range. It is the yard of one of the "all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same" early '50's Cape Cod homes that are common in our area.

When the grass gets too long for the mower we have to fence the yard for sheep.

I've heard that ground up crabapples can make for drunken yellow jackets after some fermentation.
Old September 15th, 2014, 08:51 PM

drunken yellow jackets
Like they aren't ornery enough when sober!
Old September 16th, 2014, 03:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Cutlassdad, OK. sounded like you just had a bunch of critters wandering aimlessly for foliage.

Allan, The Kid would like it if I kept it that warm. I guess when she starts paying the gas bill she can crank it up.

Jamesbo, I had no idea there was any maritime storms. I guess that what I get for keepin the TV off.

Mike Theres nothin like owning your own business. And I haven't figured out why I did yet either

Sandy, Hope you have a good day!

Have a Tuesday all.
Old September 16th, 2014, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

A little drizzle dis mawn'in

Scot, Happy Berfday

FB tells me Sandy's having a bad time wit Larry. I jes don't get it but I know enough to keep my nose outa other's beewax

Sum whar along de line, I developed the dreaded shanks with my short irons. Played like a goat yesterday. A quick google search gives me at least 5000 different ways to rid oneself of de shanks.

Clint, I was jes wondering if de hurricane was gonna hit your part of the world with a downpour

Welp, GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 16th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Lazy morning. I didn't get to bed until late because I was watching Top Gear, then couldn't get to sleep. The dogs wanted to get up extra early, then I went back to bed and didn't get up again until 8. Think I'll forego the Awful house, by the time I get there it will be lunchtime.

Got the oil changed in the van yesterday, and also found that piece of trim at the junkyard. Still need a headlight door but at least now the grille is on and I have front turn signals.

Was rainy last night and it's still somewhat misty today so don't know what I will do. Inside stuff I guess.

Guess I'll do something. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old September 16th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.
Another great day shaping up. Got the outline of the flower garden dug yesterday and placed some landscape ties to check dimensions and squareness (dry fit only). It's not a huge flower garden 20x8' but it'll do the trick. Spent an hour with my little grinder cutting rebar for the bottom course. The second and third courses will be lag bolted together. Decided to isolate the dirt from the side of the logs, so a quick run to Home Depot for some 16mm poly. Shawn gave me some 12 x 4' sheets for 50 cents each. Good deal because a roll of that stuff was over 50.00. Also bought some acoustic sealant to seal the sheets inside the ties. It'll keep the ties from moisture decay prolly more than 20 years.

Last night Gerald came by and dropped off his roofing trailer. It's a big sucker with twin 7500 lb axles. Apparently the shingles on the roof weigh in at over 6000 lbs. his crew will be arriving today to get started. Yay!

Cint, I don't mind having the house at around 67-68, but the missus does. No way she'd let the house go to 52. Owning your own business is a huge responsibility that I totally respect and admire.

Mike, I figured out the thing with 28 volts you mentioned a while back. It takes 28 volts for an APU to fire up the electronics on a jet engine. Did you hook up a battery tender on the deuce?

Jim, I hear a day on a soggy course is still better than a day in the office. You get many bugs down there? How come hurricanes are always named after wimmen?

Dan, I'm with you. YJs seem to only make an appearance around this time of year. And, just great, the neighbors have an apple tree they don't pick or clean up the fallen ones. Local YJ bar. Couple of em were buzzing me when I was watering the junipers. Put the nozzle on mist and doused them. Calmed them down a lot too.

Time for coffee. Enjoy your day.
Old September 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I never knew cleaning the kitchen could be inspiring, but I came across a couple newspapers I got off the neighbors' driveway that got tossed aside. In reading them(who cares that it's yesterday's news) I found a couple tidbits that struck me.

Winston Churchill said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Also, I found the "Should I be joyful" quiz. 1. Do you have Ebola? 2. Are you being held hostage by Muslim Extremists? 3. Are you dead? If you answer NO to any of these questions, you should be joyful.

Yes I find it hard to focus when housecleaning.
Old September 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
I never knew cleaning the kitchen could be inspiring, but I came across a couple newspapers I got off the neighbors' driveway that got tossed aside. In reading them I found the "Should I be joyful" quiz. 1. Do you have Ebola? 2. Are you being held hostage by Muslim Extremists? 3. Are you dead? If you answer NO to any of these questions, you should be joyful.
Sounds like they're really stretched for something to print.

Still waitin on de roofers. Hope they didn't get lost......
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Well they got here just around 11:45! They've been up on the roof for about 1/2 hour and it's almost stripped. These guys don't fool around. Crew of 3. Two young bucks and one tough young chick with lots of ink. They ripped up those old shingles and carried them to the front, to the waiting dump trailer. One roof down, 4 more to go. The main roof is the biggee, the others are hip roofs that are only about 200 sq ft each.

Oh yeah, they brought 3 mouthy Pomeranians with em. Those little ***** don't seem to know what 'shut the heck up' means, and they're not friendly - they bite. So they've got the dogs in the truck with the windows down.

Time to go make some soup.
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Always room for one more

Okay I'm done. The kitchen is way better but the wiping down of the cabinets and relining of the shelves will have to wait for another day.

Allan those were both little snippets of larger articles.

The whole airplane pretty much runs on 28 volts. Some of the bulbs are less but whatever doesn't take 28V goes through a transformer. Here's something trivial, the starter on the APU is also the generator.

The sun is out now so I'm going to go find something to do outside. That's after break, of course.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:06 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Quite the sight I picture in my Brain. The chick sounds lovely.
There's a new building going up off the freeway on my way to work. They just put up a sign, and its a new Curling center. Right up your alley.

Mike I try to be 'joyful' everyday, but dang its difficult.

Jamesbo, It's drier this week than it has been for a while. I don't think the shady part of the lawn will dry up before winter, but it can't hurt.

Have a Humpday all.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I think it's going to be a nice day. I need to do some work to the wagon. Oddly enough I don't need to mow. Got a couple errands to run then I can get to it.

Clint I hear ya. While I am rather joyful that I'm not any of those three above, other forces are at work. Like work, stupid people, rain. Hm, so far I haven't encountered any of those today. I must be joyful.

Allan how's the roof look?

In May of '13 I wanted my neighbor to build me some steps on my back porch. Actually I wanted him to do it around Thanksgiving, and six months later he still hadn't. I needed them done all of a sudden because I was having my roof done and the workers needed to be on the porch. Well I hired some guys to do the steps and my neighbor had a fit. He wouldn't talk to me, he wouldn't look at me when I was out or driving past. I thought, fine. I know why he's mad but it isn't fair, I gave him all the chances in the world. So yesterday, I'm out in the trailer and he comes over. He says, I just want to say I'm sorry for not talking to you and whatever I've done to make you mad and it's been a rough year yada yada. He also volunteered that it had nothing to do with the steps so I know that was it in a nutshell. We talked for about thirty minutes. He's sort of one of those billy badass types, so I know it took a lot for him to say that. I appreciated it. I've missed his friendship.

Awful house. Can't get away with missing two days in a row when I'm not working. Have a good day all.
Old September 17th, 2014, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice dis mawn'in

John, Whar ya at [in de vernacular] Are ya still in de mountains or waiting fer more paint to dry.

Mike, I got a sign in my house dat says,
"The more people I know................the more I like my dogs:

Next time ya wanta cut some step stringers, give me a call, It takes a little head scratching but it ain't rocket science.

Allan, Sounds like de roof is moving along. Ya sure dem muts aren't ripping off de old shingles.

Sandy, How your week going? Don't neglect your Olds friends fer FB ones
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Well shortly after I posted yesterday afternoon the roofer chick and one of the boys left, leaving only one guy to work on the roof. There's a lot of work to be done up there and I know it's not a one man job. Around 4:30 I went out and asked how it was going. There were no shingles laid because the gen set and compressor were in the truck that had left hours ago. Lying little bast age says they'll be bak any minute and have the roof done by end of day. Mentally I just called BS and went back inside. Only one came back around 5:00 and they fired the gen/compressor and started nailing. By sundown they had less than half of the upper roof done. They left all their tools and supplies lying all over the lawn and vuggered off. Based on yesterday they'll have to work double time to get it done today. When the roof was originally shingled it took,that crew 2 days and there was less to do since it was new construction. I'm not holding my breath for these yahoos.

Clint, yes sir a new curling center would definitely be another good reason to visit. The roof looks darker than the color we thought it would be, but it's ok. I think you'd prolly change your mind after a look at the chick wit ink. Oh wait, now I see the hint of sarcasm in that post. Yes, just lovely and dressed as you might expect. Nice tan though.

Scot, surprised you didn't visit yesterday on yer BD. Got ya covered on yer FB though. Wutchu bin upto?

John, how's the vacation life? Any movement on the house sale?

Mike, stairs aren't that hard to build. You gave the guy a fair chance so I wouldn't worry about it. Glad to hear he manned up, even if it was masked with excuses.

Jim, those mutts are dinky little lap dogs that might weigh 5 lbs each. They're like the extreme version of spoiled rotten supermodels of the doggy world. I seriously doubt one of them could lift a shingle. Hope they stay home today cause several neighbors complained about the yapping.

Not going to awful house, but the coffees on. Enjoy your day.

Last edited by Allan R; September 17th, 2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Fix autocorrect because it's not correct
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Thanks everyone for the B-Day well wishes I had a great one indeed.

I have been checking in periodically, just been on a C/O hiatus for a spell. Nothing personal to any of my dear friends here, just certain people here on C/O will never change and life is too short to bother with their bs.

Anywho I hope all is well with everyone and I am glad to see Sandy is recovering well.

I'll do my best to check in periodically if not daily

Cheers Oldsmofriends
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:55 AM

Scot, Let me guess?????????????