The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:18 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

May have run outa different kinds of fish to eat. Haybe have to repeat

I hate to show my age but de First Bond lady I saw was Ursla Undress in Dr. No at de walk in [Kinda hard to forget]

Scot, Sorry I ain't got a clue bout diesels

GTG de beacg awaits
Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, that's a bummer you have it so rough that they are making you eat re-meals

Scot. Yes glow plugs will burn out. But they only do anything on a cold start. If its still missing after getting the boot back on, you probably lost an injector. What motor is it? The 6.0 is junk and almost put Ford under, and the 6.4 was only slightly better. the 6.7 seems to be the most reliable quiet diesel, but none of them offer the reliability of the old 7.3.

Mike , that makes sense. I would figure gerrymandering like that on a state level is something they would do today, but back then????

Patrick, I was really starting to like your top stretching story until I saw your name in your sig. Then I realized you meant the top for your car.
Have a good time in FL. I need to go back, my buddies Brewery is calling.

Wolf Creek has gotten about 20" from this storm so far.

Wow, Thats a new way of uploading pictures.

Ugh. Not ready for it, but I guess I better get with it or I'm gonna be stuck.

Have a Friday all.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jeff life happens for sure. I hope yours stays on the positive side now. Are you still a time management person? I still think we should change time once a month.
Yes I still work for the same Time and attendance company

and NO I don't like the change time monthly idea.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 09:27 AM
MOTORHEAD

rainy cold dank here today.
Hope the sun is shiny where you are

yesterday was fun
ups man brought tri carbon intake
and tony sold me some carbs
good day in my little world

all the best
cheers
brian
Old October 23rd, 2015, 10:37 AM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Worm

May have run outa different kinds of fish to eat. Haybe have to repeat

I hate to show my age but de First Bond lady I saw was Ursla Undress in Dr. No at de walk in [Kinda hard to forget]

Scot, Sorry I ain't got a clue bout diesels

GTG de beacg awaits

Hey Jamesbo
pick out some of your favorite fishes
and try different coating / seasoning
i like my walleye fillets fryed coated
with potato buds instant mashed flakes
with egg and or buttermilk wash first
fry in canola or sun flower oil
until golden brown
bon appetit

i need to go fishin
Old October 23rd, 2015, 02:35 PM

Dat sounds mighty good but to keep from repeat'in, I decided on crab cakes, fried green maters and ff fer dinner
Old October 23rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another nice day. But it seems like this has been one long week. Glad it's Friday.

John I still plan to take the package, and I'll get that taken care of this weekend. It has to be done by the 30th.

Jamesbo they have any shark meat there?

Gonna hit the road. Happy Weekend everyone.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 04:52 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good evening all

Beautimus day. I hope those in the path of the storm can get elsewhere

Went to Hiram, GA today. Man the trip from Locust Grove going north on I-75 to I-20 past Six Flags and then south on 285 W to I-75 south all the way back to Locust Grove, took forever. There were wrecks, which lead to traffic jams, road construction, which lead to wrecks, which lead to traffic jams the whole way. I love driving, and I really enjoy my job, but if I lived in Hotlanta, I'd be pursuing a new line of work
Originally Posted by CQR

Scot. Yes glow plugs will burn out. But they only do anything on a cold start. If its still missing after getting the boot back on, you probably lost an injector. What motor is it? The 6.0 is junk and almost put Ford under, and the 6.4 was only slightly better. the 6.7 seems to be the most reliable quiet diesel, but none of them offer the reliability of the old 7.3.
Thank you Clint for that knowledge. I never turn down an opportunity to learn. I believe the truck is a 2008 F550 with the 6.8 V10. It has well over 300k on the clock, an aftermarket twin hairdryer setup and programmed at Stage 3 of 5. The skip went away this morning and the boss seems to think the egr has been programmed out of the program. As the "driver" I shouldn't have to wrench on 'em, sorry for the rant everyone. It's been a long week
Originally Posted by CQR

That thing reminds me of the one in the movie "The Shining"
Old October 24th, 2015, 02:03 AM

If I wasn't in a hurry to head back dis mawn'in, I'd tell Scot de [a/ one of many] stories about Miss Pulp wood from Locus Grove

GTG long drive back
Old October 24th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hey look at me, I'm home early. I think I was this early on my Monday, and yesterday I was home almost an hour late. So today it evens out.

Jamesbo safe trip home, eh. I think we've heard about Miss Pulp Wood before. Wasn't she some sort of beauty contestant?

Scot you were right past me on your trip to Hiram. Maybe your boss will spring for a new Silverado 3500.

Brian what are you going to put that manifold and carbs on?

Well I think I'll hit the showers and then hit the sack for a little bit. I greased the right wing of a 767 tonight and got a bunch of that stinkin' green grease all over me. Yeck. I thought Aeroshell 7 was bad when I worked on little planes with propellers, but this BMS3-33 is just plain gross.

Okay have a good day everyone.
Old October 24th, 2015, 07:59 AM

Afternoon/Morning all.
Gloomy day here in London, drizzle and mid 50s.
Just got back from an interesting morning. I had tickets for the cast and crew premier of the new James Bond film Spectre at Leicester Square in the West End of London.
Lots of famous people and me trying my best to fit in.

However, its now the afternoon and back to reality with a paint brush in my hand.
Damn strange life I lead.

Have a great weekend.
Old October 24th, 2015, 08:53 AM

I had tickets for the cast and crew premier of the new James Bond film Spectre
How cool! rainy here, just going to watch football.
Old October 24th, 2015, 12:09 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Afternoon All

Beautimus day 'ere in middle GA, except for the other phord now at work. It's tranny went TU 2 weeks ago. The boss took it (my regular truck I drive at work) down to his hunting land over in Ideal, GA. And they spun, up hill, in the mud and loaded down with a huge deer stand for his wife and kids to hunt out of. A few days later it started slipping on me. The shop mechanics changed fluid, filter and pan gasket. The very next day, it started slipping again and puked a gallon or more out of the front seal while I was 30 miles away. Zo the tow truck came and someone gave me a ride back to the shop.

Anywho yesterday it was "ready" to be picked up. The "mechanic" said it's all fixed. I said "What was wrong?" He goes "Nothing just 4 quarts low. It has a bit of delay going into third." I say "Slipping?" He says "Um, not really slipping, just a tad long in 2nd gear." I said "Slipping."

Oh well he was the mechanic that my boss trusts, so this morning I loose OD and eventually got hot enough to boil the fluid back out of the front seal, that said "mechanic" didn't replace after it did it the first time

I dunno as I said before, I'm no diesel mechanic, but the transmission needs to come out and both, it and the torque converter needs to be gone through.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
If I wasn't in a hurry to head back dis mawn'in, I'd tell Scot de [a/ one of many] stories about Miss Pulp wood from Locus Grove

GTG long drive back
I'll have to remind you to remind me to tell you to told us a story or three

Originally Posted by slantflat
Scot you were right past me on your trip to Hiram. Maybe your boss will spring for a new Silverado 3500.
I know and I wish I could've stopped in Even saw a buddy of mine from Carrabelle, FLA go by with his 31 Sedan in tow while I was sitting down to eat lunch. With all of the traffic, I was three hours behind schedule. It was around 2 o'clock when I finally got south enough to stop for a quick bite.

Whelp Jamesbo have a safe trip back and everyone else be safe my friends
Old October 25th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo hope you made it back okay.

Foggy here this morning and not so cool. I'm guessing it will be a bit overcast like it was yesterday.

Scot good luck with the "mechanic." Sounds like the place I took a car I had once, it was pulling to the left and the first time I took it in they said, yes we adjusted it and fixed it. The second time I took it in they said we couldn't do anything about it. Hm.

Awful house then I don't know what. Went to Walmart last night so that's taken care of. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old October 25th, 2015, 05:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good mornin crew

Clouding up here and getting humid.

Thanks Mike, I will need the luck if the boss decides to use the same mechanic.

Happy Birthday Sandy, we miss you
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:17 AM

Welp,

Safe and sound in de mountains, Broke my seafood fast wit sausage and buiscuit fer breakfast, whopper on de road fer lunch and a fried balognasandwich fer a tired driver fer dinnerToday back home to face de pile of mail
Old October 26th, 2015, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Scot the V-10 is a gas motor. So if it's a diesel it's the 6.4 and the 2 turbo's come factory on that. Funny set up it's not really a twin turbo set up on turbo spools up quick and the other moves a lot of air for high RPM. Like I've always said they haven't made a good diesel since the loud old 7.3. f you are pushing tranny fluid out then I'm guessing the tranny is toast.

Haven't had fried bologna in a coons age.

Happy Bday Sandy

Have a Monday all.
Old October 26th, 2015, 06:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Well,

I'm home safely to a pile of mail and rain so no smackie whitey.

Clint, Fried Bologna is good ya oughta have on every now and then.

Scot, I think de boss needs to incur a towing fee to get de message

Happy Birthday dear Sandy

Did anyone else see dat Ga Tech play. Reminds me of when de beat Bama way back when

Ok, Got my letter opener in high gear. Anyone need any bills?
Old October 26th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got up at 530 for my boy and everything was fine. Round about 630 Elsie came in with a vengeance. No thunder but what a downpour. My girl got up on the bed and went to sleep, so we stayed in bed until almost 9 when my boy came back in. Decided I'd forego the Awful house, no other reason to get out and it will be an inside day. It isn't raining now, but everything is a muddy mess.

Well have a good day everyone.
Old October 26th, 2015, 08:55 AM

Well, I went out yesterday and did yard work, as it rained Saturday. I opted to run over the leaves 2-3 times to mulch them rather than use the bagger, as the leaves were still wet and would otherwise clog the chute form the mower deck to the bags, worked fairly well. Trimmed back a rose bush that was getting scraggly, bagged up those up along with some wet leaves by the steps. Did an oil change on the DD, and finally, fired up the snow blower to make sure that it was ready to go. But I was too tired to carve my pumpkin (110lb).
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:38 AM
MOTORHEAD

Oh my happy birthday belated to sandy. Miss her and the teepo stories

i am thinking about OAI tri carb on the 71 gold 442
hehehe mad scientist laugh
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:41 AM
MOTORHEAD

fried baloney lol
my dad called them sombrero sandwiches as the shape them slices made
frying up in the pan

he put the bbq sauce
peanut butter
and pickles on top
Old October 26th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, we built the ark, but the dern thing hit bottom by the time we hit the South Shore... goodness grackus.... we had 6-8" of rain from Saturday evening thru this morning. Never let up a minute. Sure glad it stopped when it did, 'cause the streets here didn't really flood. Same cannot be said for other areas of LA, unfortunately.

We lost our telephone land line for about 24 hrs, then the little clock (CMOS) battery in the desktop computer took a powder yesterday, just to add confusion to the whole jambalaya. I think things are getting a little saner now. Must all be 'cause the Man above knows the better half is in Peoria.

Jamesbo, I've always loved fried bologna w/ Swiss cheese. 442, I'm not sure about the peanut butter, but as an adorer of sushi, I say if you ain't tried it, don't knock it.

Y'all have a dry one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 26th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old October 26th, 2015, 10:27 AM

Not sure if I'm the biggest grouch on this site, but I can't stand all of this Halloween

nonsense. I normally go out for a meal or something so I don't have a load of snotty

kids banging on my door shouting trick or treat. Now the wife has surprised me for

my Birthday with four days in a 15th century castle, and yes, they have a massive

Halloween function. I think she booked that out of spite after I complained about her

cooking.

And no, I wont be dressing up as a werewolf or something equally daft.

And no, I don't like pumpkin.

And yes, I will be missing the rugby World cup final.

Rant over!!!!
Old October 26th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Always room for one more

Oh my goodness London how funny. I've never liked Halloween. Having grown up near Chicago it was usually rainy/snowy, and the costume I had on was covered up by my big winter coat. For years my Dad would go with us and stand on the sidewalk while we went up to the door. This wasn't to be sure we weren't abducted or anything, it was to be sure we didn't misbehave.

These days, where I live south of Atlanta, Halloween is an excuse to go around busting things up and causing problems. Teens(and older) are out trick or treating and get abusive if you give them something they don't like. I think the whole concept is daft.

So it's been dreary and rainy and cold here today. I haven't done a thing. Been trying to read up on trademark law, and have come to the realization that I have no idea what I'm looking at and I'll probably have to pay an attorney to answer one simple question. Oh well. Pretty sure the cruise in won't happen tonight, too bad because it's the last one of the year. Might go grab a bite somewhere. Hm, pizza sounds good.
Old October 26th, 2015, 07:28 PM

Evening everyone.

Another long week over and a new one began today.

The temperature has risen a few degrees so back to rain later this week.

Took the Delta for a cruise on the weekend. Even though it doesn't have the power of the Cutlass or handle like the Mustang it really is a nice, relaxing cruiser and even handles pretty good for it's size.

Clint, I do miss Sandy cussing my mention of "solid rain".

Happy Birthday Sandy!

Can't believe Halloween is only a couple of days away. Normally I would have been listening to Halloween music for a couple of weeks now but haven't had time to think about it.

London, is the castle haunter?

John, I've never thought of trying fried bologna with Swiss cheese. I like Swiss cheese and have been known to enjoy a slice or two of fried bologna. Sometime I'll have to try it.
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by car_designer

London, is the castle haunter?

John, I've never thought of trying fried bologna with Swiss cheese. I like Swiss cheese and have been known to enjoy a slice or two of fried bologna. Sometime I'll have to try it.

If you believe in all that stuff then yes the castle is supposed to be haunted.

I actually went on an official ghost hunt once with British paranormal society in a 500 year old pub. All that happened was that I missed out on a nights sleep.

Fried bologna? Don't know what that is, not something that we get this side of the pond. Sounds very unhealthy, sounds good!
Old October 27th, 2015, 02:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

Rain yesterday turned to windy day dis mawn'in

London, If it taste good spit it out it'll kill ya

BTW, Having bangers and mash tonite. [Not real bangers cause they're awful] Using mild Italian sausage instead.

Back when de ark was drying out [and I was a kid] I liked Halloween These days, I don't care fer it at all.

John, I saw your weather report on de news. Jes ho many times does de man up stairs have to tell ya to move to de mountains

Welp GTG dig a hole today

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:45 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Glad to hear business is looking up. Wait... Maybe not. Lost a long time Customer on Friday and just found out a classmate bought her ticket in a car accident this weekend. Ugh.

Paul, Sounds exquisite. But I have a whole ham sliced in the fridge I need to eat first. Do we know if Nicki Mo ended up with Teepo? It didn't sound like it was Larry's cup of tea but I could be wrong.

Mike is there a time of day when pizza doesn't sound good?

London, Grouch? I didn't know it was a contest, but I'm game . No seriously I really enjoy Ol Hallows eve, but I don't seem to get as involved as I'd like. Life seems to get into the way and with the time change coming it seems there are too many projects that need to get done first. I just wish they would leave that dang clock alone.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old October 27th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola from Mount Ararat

Rained pretty much all night; thank goodness it was a steady drizzle only -- but the metal roof makes each drop sound like tympani. Still no flooding in Ponchatoula, but many flooded roads in SELA (Southeast Louisiana ).

Whelpt, sounds as if the processed meats are now officially as bad for you as smoking. I'll take my sausage. Jamesbo, I won't say nuttin' 'bout your double-whammy. Any more Chantix in your future? Maybe they could make a hallucinogenic pill for addicts of sausages and bacon??? I think I'd put my name in the hat.

Started a semi-major tear-down/resto on the SF. I know this means it will probably be a year before she sees the roads again -- hopefully with a good set of brakes.

Hope all have a great day.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 27th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old October 27th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got back from the Awful house. I hope the news never analyzes that place. Another dreary day, not in a big hurry to do anything.

Clint I'd eat pizza every day if I could. Ended up not going anywhere last night, so I think pizza will be a priority today.

Paul is your 88 not a V8? My Grandmother had an 88 with an Olds 350 and that thing was fast as a mother. I loved driving that car. Of course Grandma would only do like 20 so when she'd drive it after I did she'd say, wow the car runs so much better now what did you do? I'd say I didn't do anything, it must just like me.

Another inside day. Yesterday I didn't do a derned thing. Sat at the computer all day. Today I hope I'm a little more productive.

Okay here I go. Have a good one everyone.
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:43 PM
MOTORHEAD

house reeks of crock pot cow and deer
with onions on top

chilly in the out of doors
going to mulch a bunch of leaves again
tomorrow
if rain snow stay away
Old October 27th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Good evening everyone.

Nothing special here today.

Mike, mine is a V8 but the 307. It is more than enough power for normal driving. When I first got it, being my first and for many years only car of my own it had plenty of power. But now compared the my other cars, not quite as peppy as it used to be.

Clint I have not idea about Teepo.
Old October 28th, 2015, 12:34 AM
MOTORHEAD

good morning
the cow deer is almost fully cooked
Old October 28th, 2015, 05:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Love the smell of crockpot cooking.

Paul, the guy who painted my daughters car wants me to build him a 283. Not sure why he doesn't want to build something a bit bigger.

Mike, The missus thinks that way about pizza too. I enjoy it, but I'd rather have Mexican every day.

Uh oh. John. Sounds like there's gonna be plenty of MAW's in your future. I'll get you some Ozone depleting earth killer down your way so you have the GS to drive.

Have a Humpday all.
Old October 28th, 2015, 05:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Cruddy dank last few days,

I think I'll take Sandy's role and start bitch'in 'bout de weather.

I like Pizza Mexican and most everything else. It's funny to me, Sometimes de little light bulb goes on in my head and I gotta have something like NOW

Yesterday, It was pizza de day before it was Enchiladas

John,Good luck be sure to put on one of Rob's MAW protective helmets

GTG to de big city today

Enjoy your day Olds friends
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all.... Coolish in da' Swamp -- right at 65*; right pleasant if I may say. The kitties didn't hesitate one iota going out the door this morning. They're just like Goldilocks as far as the temperature is concerned. They lead such miserable lives. (You'd swear clues sold for a grand apiece looking at this bunch.)

Have a safe trip to the Demolition Derby, Jamesbo. I'll be headed down to "my" big city as well to p/u the missus from the airport, and take Aunt Carmy out to eat after. Carmy can't make up her mind b/w VooDoo BBQ and Harbor Seafood. Making firm and timely decisions is not her strong suit. But I have to admit, for inexpensive and "quick" restaurants, they're both pretty decent. As long as we stop at Cafe Du Monde for coffee & beignets on the way home, she'll be plenty happy. Funny... when I was a kid way back in geologic time, an order of 3 "donuts" (as we called them then) was 15 cents. Now, I think they're in the neighborhood of a few bucks. But they're always good to put a smile on somebody's face, and that's worth it right there.

Originally Posted by CQR
Uh oh. John. Sounds like there's gonna be plenty of MAW's in your future. I'll get you some Ozone depleting earth killer down your way so you have the GS to drive.
Clint, you speak words of wisdom, my friend. I can't find the helmet, and I'm pretty helpless. As it is, it will be fairly major -- especially for me, as I said. I'm planning on taking the entire front suspension off and cleaning everything and replacing everything that needs replacing. Don't know if I'm kidding myself or not, but I'm not buying balljoints or tie rod ends until I determine the old ones need replacing. The only things I know are completely shot are the lower C/A bushings. (Front ones appear to have been replaced at some point, but I'm replacing them again for the heck of it.) But underneath, the gook and grease are pretty sad. Radiator's coming out, and thus, all the hoses will be renewed, w/ thermostat, etc. The heater box looks like it was put in with mud, and there are a couple spots by heater core penetration you can see clear under the dash; sumthin's going to be done about that. After all the "front" stuff is done, I'm planning on doing something with the leaky rear end, which I'm sure has the original fluid. As you have unfortunately informed me, there ain't no easy way to replace the "cover gasket" back there. The third member has to be pulled. Fun & games; but I'm sick of the leak, and if not now, when?

BTW, anybody ever price bushings for the rear-axle control arms for these things? You can get 'em, but I've seen 'em as high as $75 apeice. Don't know what's up with that. But I'm guessing I should replace those when I do the rear end. That's about $600 in rear C/A bushings.

So the MAW's are stackin' up, but I'm planning on entertaining every one. Time goes by whether I do it or not, and a lot of this stuff will be once & done for as long as I'm the owner (probly as long as I'm alive). The car sure won't have my name on the pink slip 51 years from now, if it's still around.

Whelpt, enough of the dissertation. Have a bunch of house cleanin' to do before heading to the Big Easy. Have a humpity, all....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 28th, 2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old October 28th, 2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by CQR
Do we know if Nicki Mo ended up with Teepo? It didn't sound like it was Larry's cup of tea but I could be wrong.
I reached out to Nicki yesterday about Teepo her response was:

" We still have the car, it is covered up back at her and my father's house"
Old October 28th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Just a quick stop in to say good bye. That's it for me.
Old October 28th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day for sleeping, and I slept until 2. Nice day out, over 70, not in a big rush to get moving.

Jamesbo I was getting ready for work. Haven't heard a thing for weeks.

John if you need a hand with the project I'll come down for a day or two and lend a hand. I didn't know you were going as far as the whole front suspension. Very ambitious. It will ride like new when it's all done.

Odd that Nicole would refer to Larry as her father. At least Teepo is still accounted for. Maybe we could take up a collection and buy her, the lot of us.

So I've been off four days and haven't had pizza. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I see, Paul, it's all perception. Did the 88 offer a V6? My Mom had a Caprice Classic with a V6. What a dog. As far as I know it had a Turbo 350 trans, and I'm sure that didn't help anything.

Scot how are you doing with the truck?

Time to hit the road. It's Monday. Hope everyone had a good humpity.