The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2013, 08:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Nice cold day here, around 36 and sunny. Brought my son to a lazer tag party and got to play as well. We had a blast, literally, lol. Never tried it before, if any of you get the chance, I recommend it.

Just saw on my TV that Paul Walker died in a car crash, star of the Fast and Furious movies. Sad, he was only 40.
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:44 AM

Worm,

Sandy, I think you're wise to jump on the treatments. I know it's not gonnna be fun but...........

Gripe away, I look forward to dual whin'in
Old December 1st, 2013, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Wow, must have been a beautiful day everywhere, everyone's outside and no one is on the computer.

Good day of sleeping. The dogs woke me up around noon and all they wanted was to chase after the dog next door. It's only staying until Tuesday. So I got mad and when they'd wake me up in the afternoon I'd ignore them. They actually got the message and left me be until almost 4. I'm planning on building a fence between the two yards so the dogs can't see each other, but it has to be less than 4' so I can still jump over it.

Seems warmish. Still over 50 right now and going to mid 40s tonight, and then warming up through the week. I'll take it.

Sandy it sounds like either place would be good if they're close and will do a good job. Would you stay there for an extended amount of time or commute? You'll have to get over your disdain for Cleveland. I'll fly up and drive you back and forth.

Darrell the laser tag sounds cool. If I were to do that I'd be sore for a week.

Okay off to work. Happy December everyone.
Old December 1st, 2013, 05:30 PM

Good evening everyone.

Sandy, I am sorry to hear the news, but get going on those treatments as soon as you can. And I expect to see you and Teepo at the OCA Nationals next year in Cincinnati!

Well, the latest projects on the Cutlass are done. The brake system is on as well as the exhaust. So I won't be working on it every night like I have been.

I did something yesterday with the Cutlass I never thought I'd ever do to a southern car. I drove it after salt had been put down. Luckily the roads were completely dry, and no big piles of salt either.

Sandy, look away

Attachment 167239

Mike, good to have a nice quiet day.

Darrell, Laser Tag is great, isn't it. I've played quite a few times, when I was a little younger. Always had a good time, and without the pain of paintball.

Have a great week everyone.
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:55 PM

I drove it after salt had been put down.
Sir, you now have to relinquish your car keys, and drive a Yugo until penance has been served.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Sir, you now have to relinquish your car keys, and drive a Yugo until penance has been served.
In my defence, no salt was spread in the last couple of days, and I had recon'ed the route before hand to make sure it was dry and with no obvious signs of salt.
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Paul..... What Dan said, lol. I did have to look away That sure is a fine looking car!!!

Jamesbo.... you're funny!!

Mike... I know, right? Me and Cleveland..... No, I wouldn't have to stay there, just commute as often as necessary. I'm leaning more towards the Clinic now. I've been on my laptop for hours researching and reading and comparing. I will call the clinic in the morning.

I have to call the girl in Houston tomorrow and find out if I have to do any paperwork or anything. I don't think Brian did when he was going through his cancer. I have to call my regular doc here in Twinsburg and tell her what's going on. First I have to call the insurance co. and find out who is in network and who isn't. I have to call the lady in Houston who does our time records and make sure we are on the same page with sick days and vacation time. God my head hurts!!

It was cloudy here today but around 40 again. I schleped the containers back upstairs and sorted through Christmas stuff and brought some containers down. Larry helped me some. I went outside and started decorating the yard. I'm trying to be normal and keep from thinking, but it's not working real well, lol. My guts are just churning. I really don't want to see Dr. Smith tomorrow. I'm scared.

Not looking forward to telling the guys tomorrow and listening to Clay and Steve dis on doctors and stuff. Brian will be sympathetic and understanding, but not the others. They never get sick. Gonna be a long day....

Well I'm off to bed, I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Thanksgiving weekend's over, so now I need to run every day this week to get rid of all the extra food I ate. LOL

Sandy - I am real sorry to read that your results weren't what we'd all hoped it would be. I am very familiar with triple negative breast cancer, both my mother and grandmother were diagnosed, had surgery and were treated for it at Sloan/Kettering Hospital in NYC. Neither one had to do a mastectomy, but I realize that's a personal choice.

Happily, they are both still alive today. My mom went through this two years ago, and I can get/still have a lot of info on it. I would be happy to send to you her treatment regimen if that would help. Just let me know. I know it's not easy but stay positive. We'll all say a prayer for you.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Naturally, de cow is here on de day I gotta take de Alpharetta Autobauhn down town to visit de Dr. A-gain

Sandy, I'd be scared [my mother woulda had a fit if I'd said dat] I'd be "freightened" too if I had to drive to Cleveland.

Let's try to look at the brighter side. You can get dis over and done w/o having to miss a single car show.

Hang in there, We're wit cha all de way

GTG de rainy drive awaits me
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Hope you studied for the tests the Doc is gonna give ya.

Sandy Stay strong and you'll beat this. Just like last time. Come on here and vent anytime you need. We'll be here to listen.

Darrell, I haven't played lazer tag since it first came out back in 84-85? It was a hoot. But I'm not sure breathing in all that fog from the fog machine was very good for any of us. Thats a fun memory to recall.

Paul. Again that's Glad she got home without crumblin away into a pile of Iron oxide. Once more

Mike hope the week is great for you. We are supposed to get 4-8 starting Tuesday p.m. Then its supposed to get burr-frak cold.

Yesterday was very nice. I took the ladies for a cruise in Brit, then we went and had wood fired pizza and a beer. Then they wanted to see the 2nd Hunger game movie. Well done but sure leaves you hanging for the 3rd.

Sandy and Darrell, what'da think of the mid season finale?
Old December 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM

Good evening everyone.

Ok, I know I probably shouldn't have driven the car home, but it was that, or tow it home on an open trailer some other time this week in the snow and slush which would probably be even worse.

Fog can't be bad for you, it's just condensation

Hope everything went well with the Doc today Jambesbo.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Friday for me. Got a bad Monday lead so I'll be there till the end. Eh, after that they can't touch me so there.

Paul the car will be fine. Just don't do it again! Looks good sitting there!

Jamesbo I hope they didn't take your blood pressure as soon as you got there. Traffic has a way of elevating my heartrate, don't know why. How are you feeling these days?

Well it is indeed going to warm up this week, but what I didn't know was it's going to rain all week. Oy. Guess I'll plan some inside projects.

Sandy what's the word?

Okay off to work. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, all.... worm is hors d'oeuvre before breakfast.

Back at the salt mine after 5 glorious (mostly) days off....

Hi spots: eating, turkey, stuffing, merliton & shrimp, eating, baked macaroni, and eating.

Lo spots:

o Utter humiliation of N.O. on prime time Monday Night Football last night, and my actually losing precious sleep to watch. Wow....haven't seen that kind of performance in the Sean Payton era.

o Connie is back in hospital; sounds like she might have pneumonia, and one of her big leg lesions popped open and began bleeding again when an aide picked her up to put her in the wheelchair. Prayers continue to be in order.

o Yesterday my overhead door for the garage caught an object (a funnel, of all things) that I had put on the edge of a shelving unit beside it. In a completely freak incident, the door jammed on its way down, came undone, and stuck, with 4 rollers popping out. The poor door (very wide) is hanging, warped and bent, half up. Money, money, money, and a pain in the ****. But thank goodness nobody was hurt and the thing didn't fall all the way down....either on a car or on me.

I thought about trying to do something with it myself last night, but I decided it was a job for the pro's. I need to get somebody over there today. These days, I'm overcautious about getting up on the ladder to clean out the (always-clogged) gutters.

Whelpt, let me catch up w/ everybody's posts... haven't loitered here in a couple days.... and I need to get back to my EATING.

Y'all have a great Tuesday, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 3rd, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, Congrats on the appetizer.

Mike, I hate to say it, but I think I'd take your rain over our snow. They've upped it. 4-8" by morning, and and additional 3-5 tomorrow.

Paul that fog sure smelled and tasted funny. not sure what particles they used to let the water condense to?

Let a guy go yesterday. I hate doing that anytime, but 'specially during the holidays. Sure would be nice to find a young kid in or just out of high school that has some interest and natural mechanical ability...

Well, I got the proof of the calendar they used Brit in. Its fun, but I don't really agree with their artistic talent. But hey, pretty girls, pretty car... It's all good.

Have a great day all.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Wet stink'in day down ere

Sandy, How ya do'in. Don't duck out on us. Please

Going to de docs was a complete joke, The ER hadn't sent [or he couldn't find] my paper werk. Zo, to make himself look useful, he axed me a bunch of stupid questions dat had nutt'in do do wit why I was there.

Gotta go back to the records section of de hospital and request another set of paper werk.

Clint, I hate laying off people especially during de holidays too. But if ya don't run your business , ya won't have one one day. I worry 'bout dis next generation. De rich kids round ere are all dying of OD on drugs and de middle class ones can't[or won't werk] unless they start out as president. All de know how to do is Phuque around with a smart phone and say " No Problem"

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I worry 'bout dis next generation. De rich kids round ere are all dying of OD on drugs and de middle class ones can't[or won't werk] unless they start out as president. All de know how to do is Phuque around with a smart phone and say " No Problem"
Eloquently put, Jamesbro.
I'm the first to admit I don't do much at my current job; but I'm pretty much over the hill, and every job I had from age 14 I worked my keester off... I keep hearing the voice of my Grandfather coming out of my lips, but I was making $1.50 / hr. the summer I turned 16 working 60 hours a week at the car wash.... I lost 15 lbs that summer vacuuming cars and steam-cleaning tires; best thing in the world for that chubby, Clearasil-buying newbie ....

Clint, is that the guy you've reported unimpressive things on in the past? Sad... but maybe he'll learn life's not a charity ... altho' it's moving in that direction....
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I'm here Jamesbo, lol. Ain't gonna get rid of me very easy.

It's cloudy here again today, but temps in the 30's. Supposed to get to 50 tomorrow but rain, then we get the next blast of icy air coming in.

I spent yesterday on the computer and the phone. Between these new glasses and being on this computer reading and researching, I have a constant headache! My brain is on information overload, lol.

I called Cigna to find out about who is in network. I got a list of names for Cleve Clinic doctors, then had to look each up one by one to see who takes our insurance. Not a whole lot of them do. I have to find a surgeon, a radiologist, and an oncologist all in network. Then I called the Seidman cancer center and a nurse person called me back finally... after 5 pm when I was in Wal Mart! I talked to her awhile. Then Dr. Bressi my regular doc called me. She wants me to talk to an oncologist (chemo dr) so I'm to call her tomorrow and she will make me an appt. with one over at Seidman.

Larry and I went to see my main man Dr. Smith. I love that guy!!! Larry feels better after listening to him. Larry had me all but buried, lol. He's never been around anything like this, and everyone that he knows who has had cancer has died. It's hard for some people to deal with. I get that.

Dr. Smith said the tumor is very small, only like 1 cm big so that's great. I would still have to have the lymph nodes tested, have radiation and chemo. He said this cancer is kind of similiar to what I had before, but not exactly. He made me an appt. today with a plastic surgeon over in Akron so I go see him at 12:30. At least I can learn more about reconstruction surgery, implants or skin reconstruction, and such. My insurance won't touch this bill cause it will be a 'consultation' so I'm sure I'll be charged anywhere from $300 to $800 for this visit. Let the games begin, lol! I asked him about being on the Bystolic now for the A-fib, and he said the oncologist would probably have to have heart scans taken before any treatment is started. Yipee skippee!!!!!! I blame a lot of my health issues now on the chemo I had years ago. That's potent stuff that changes the whole composition of your cells and body. So many 'side effects' that are still in you 20 years later. It's not pleasant....

I have an appt. for Genetic testing on 12/11 over at Akron Childrens Hospital. If I have the BRAC1 or 2 genes, then Nicole has to worry. If I don't, she should be fine.

Darrell..... thank you so much for sharing that positive information! I really appreciate it and needed to hear something like that! I know that everyones treatment plans are different, and I don't know at this point what combination of drugs will be used for my treatment.

So for the WD.....I didn't like them killing Hershal off! I cried. But I'm happier than a pig in sh*t that the Gov got it and that Mishone was the one who got the first stab in! I was afraid he would live, so I'm glad the other girl shot him. Sick bastard! I think someone picked up lil *** kicker and hauled her off so she'll be ok. Carol taught those girls well, didn't she? That one just shot like no one's business, lol. So detached... I still think her or one of those other kids were feeding the walkers at the fence... So we're stuck until February now..... it sucks!

Clint.... Larry had to lay off one guy last week. He felt bad with it being holiday time, but he had no work for the kid and the kid wasn't really getting it.. I don't know if he will hire him back eventually or not.

Jamesbo... glad you survived your trip, lol. I like that new word. "phuque". Must be a southern thing......

Well I better do something, seeing as how I have to leave like 11:30 ish. But I will come back afterwards. Have a great day all!!!!
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Cloudy here but no rain and it's 60. Clint you're right, I'd take rain over snow but I don't much care for either one of them. I should live in the desert.

Sandy it sounds like you're in information overload. You can never read too much. Hope you get some good news after talking with all these doctors.

I got fired from a couple jobs when I was a kid, mainly from being a kid. Each time, though, I got a new job that was better so I guess I learned something. One that perplexes me even to this day, I worked at a Chevy dealer in my early 20s and one day was told to take this car up to so and so Chevrolet for a dealer trade. I was given poor directions, this was long before GPS, got up to the place and they said, oh that guy just left to go to you guys. So as I was driving home I got lost somewhere in the middle of Chicago, and finally made it back, where the guy with the trade had been waiting more than two hours. Next day I got fired because they said I was out screwing around in the company car. I think I was set up. I have a feeling I was the fall guy for a bunch of radios that kept turning up missing out of the conversion vans. I didn't get it, I worked my patooty off, was in favor with the owner, worked for the owner's son part time at his antique store. What's funny is years after I left the dealer I was still friends with and working for the son. Never did ask if the radio caper was cracked.

Well after that long and tedious story, here's another just for Jamesbo. About the same era as the above, I was in the bank drive up with my Mom in the car and the thing came back and the woman said over the speaker, thank you, to which I replied, any time. Boy was my Mom mad! She carried on the whole way home. You don't say something like that to the bank teller. You say you're welcome or say thank you back that was disrespectful on and on. I can tell you I never did that again.

Okay I think I'll hit Walmart then get some house cleaning done. Not much to do outside in the mud. Ah, 2:30. Time to go to the dentist.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM

Sandy, I tell ya what, I'm dealing wit 3 [of my] inurance adjusters and 5 differnt doctors. I'm shocked to hear the words " I don't know" so often

The medical /insurance bus iz so PHUQUED UP it's amazing.

De neuro surgeon assistant told me today. " If it's a car related accident we don't take health insurance. I mean really
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

This'll be a quickie. 10F and snowing. got shoveling and plowing to do.

John. Maybe. I've had this kid for a coupe months. He didn't get what he paid for as far as schooling goes, (May be his fault) and he doesn't want to really work all that hard either.

Have a day all.
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Warmer but kinda wet

Me and Red dog are head norte. De cats and kids can eat fish heads an rice.

GTG, I'll check in an see how everyone is hump'in later
Old December 4th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.
Foggy out. I can't see the other side of the lake, wish it was like that all the time. It's warmish but don't know if we'll see the sun today. Another day of working inside.
Jamesbo you have kids staying at your house full time? No wonder you're going to the mountains in the middle of the week.
Clint I sure hate to hear about all that snow and cold. Although I used to plow the lot at the place I worked in high school. That was pretty fun. We had a beat up K5 Blazer and I'd go about 50 and then ram into all the snow piled up at the back of the lot. Didn't do much for the Blazer but I had fun.
Awful house and Walmart today. Then I don't know what. I wonder if I put some wet firewood into the oven it would dry out. Hm. Have a good one everyone happy hump day.
Old December 4th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity

It's a muggy, temperate one down in da' swamp today. It's spose to hit dern near 80, w/ da' wet stuff and an accompanying drop in temps set for Friday and beyond.

I'm trying desperately to get fired right now, but they're hearing none of it, Mike.

I guess I've been launched before, but to my nonphotographic memory, it was never "for cause," and usually b/c the job was ending or some such. I've collected unemployment twice, and both times, it was barely worth the filing of the paperwork. Lasted for just a matter of weeks, and it's a helluva lotta' hoops to jump thru.

Jamesbo, how's the weather on Lake Burton spose to be this weekend? Hope you and Red get some good bonding time and R&R. And BTW, you should see what it's like trying to get medical info out of the nursing home and hospital for a 93-y.o. patient. Nobody even wants to render a diagnosis.... Talk about doctors spread thin.... can't wait to see when the full effects of this "Affordable Care Act" are manifest. I have a funny feeling we ain't seen nuttin' yet.

Sandy, it's great you're getting your continuing medical education . Doctors will take much more time with you if they see their words are falling on fertile soil, and that their terminology actually means something to you. I know you know it, but you have to essentially stand up to them and demand they take the time. But then, with some, it's like trying to get blood from a turnip. They just don't get it.

Got stuck for 40 minutes on I-55 this morning whilst an accident was being cleared, so I got here a bit late. It ain't fun, but I guess as long as I have a safe trip, I can't complain.

Y'all have a great Humpity, Oldsmobuds.
Old December 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy with the sun peeking out every so often, and it's warm! Close to 50 already. Rain coming in, arctic air after that. They said on the weather this morning that we will be having single digit temps next week.... Way too early for that! But the Almanac used words like 'biting cold' and 'bitter cold' for this winter forecast....

So went to see this plastic surgeon guy yesterday. Was there about 3 hours.
Watched a video on surgeries, talked to the guy, had pictures taken, measurements taken, etc..... looked at more before and after pics. Sure as hell isn't very pleasant, lol. I feel sooooo bad for so many women. It really sucks. He's a nice guy, he and Dr. Smith have worked together before. I still don't know. My head is reeling!

A lot of people are still telling me to go to Seidman or somewhere, and not use Dr. Smith and Robinson/Akron General. I don't know. I trust Dr. Smith - the man saved my life 23 years ago.... and when I look up surgeons on the other hospital websites, they are all just 'general surgerons' just like Dr. Smith. Doesn't say that they specialize in anything. They just work at cancer hospitals. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

I know I need to get this friggin tumor out, and the sooner the better. I want it out!!! Dr. Wagner the plastic surgeon said that if the lymph nodes test positive for cancer I will have to have radiation treatments, and the reconstruction surgery would have to be put off for like 9 - 10 mos. or so. If the nodes are negative, I can have reconstruction surgery right away. The only way to know if the nodes have it is to get in there and test them! I can't really move forward with anything or anyone yet because I don't know about the nodes! I think I'm gonna call Dr. Smith and have him at least go in and do a lumpectomy and get the tumor out, and test the nodes.

I called Dr. Bressi's office this morning and left a message for her to call me. She wants me to see an oncologist at Seidman. I don't know.

I'm set up for the Genetic testing at Akron children's hospital next week. But when I called my ins. co., they said if this is done in an outpatient facility, it applies to my deductible. If it's done in a doctors office, it's only a $40 co pay. So I think I'm gonna be changing that. I know there are cheaper ways of doing that stuff. Hell you can buy a kit online nowadays! The plastic surgeon mentioned that too, lol.

I'm just really tired of the whole friggin thing already. It's 'phuqued' up!!!

I made 3 batches of fudge last night. Getting an early start while I can still stir, lol. It will keep nice in the tins anyhow. So much I keep thinking I need to do while I have the use of my arm. Once they cut through muscle, it hurts like a bit*h!!!

Well that's all my news for today. So far, lol.

You all have a good hump day!!
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Ain't phonics wonderful

Mike, I don't got kids full time, I have them coming an going and leaving $hit everywhere When ever they feel like it. BTW mother's love is not sum thing I wanta get in de middle of

Zo, I jes don't cook fer anyone but me. Mind my own bees wax and be like a mules in a dust strom [hunker down an wait il it blows over]

BTW, I often envy you and 2 dogs.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Nice here today, sunny and in the 50's. Was supposed to put up Christmas decorations outside today but I wasn't up to it. Hurt my back the other day and pretty much need to rest for a few days.

Sandy - you're welcome. Triple negative breast cancer is not very common so any information that I have, I'm happy to pass on.

Since my grandmother and mother both had it, they were both tested for the BRACA gene, which is supposed to be the marker to determine if you are at a high risk of getting this type of cancer. My grandmother tested positive, but my mom tested negative. The odds would be against it being a random event. I'm supposed to get tested too, I need to go find out.

John - sorry to hear about Connie, hope she is better soon. I agree about the Monday night game, could not believe how bad the Saints looked, and how good the Seahawks looked.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:11 PM

Just in for a quick visit tonite.

Sandy, keep at it. Learn as much as you can.
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:31 AM

Mawn'in

Rained las nite in de mountains

Nice a quiet wit NO cats and no kids

I may stay a few days if no one calls with a need.

GTG fix me up sum sausage an eggs an wait fer de sun to come up
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:42 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo. That sounds like heaven. The mercury is 2` on the wrong side of the zero mark this mornin. The missus saw that it was -22F in Laramie I guess she's not goin for a load today.

Sandy, Keep pluggin away.

John, I think this Zerocare has only started to implode. Wouldya mind sending some of that global warming up this way?

Howdy Paul.

Mike, For some reason, I'm just not in the mood to plow this year. Maybe its because I just got done mowing the lawn on Saturday

Have a Thursday all.
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all you worm-eaters

Had a hankerin' for a fried worm, but y'all's beat me to it.
Anudder one spose to hit 80 today.... I'm installin' a big fan to blow it in the CO direction, Clint. Rain and a big chill are still on tap for tomorrow here in da' swamp. Until then, it's short sleeves and A/C.

Yeah, I'm kind of out of words on the whole health care situation. Dunno if anybody ever listens to Mark Levin on da' radio, but I catch him now & again; boy, he was on a roll last night.... I say anything at the dire risk of becoming "political" and getting escorted offsite by Jamesbo; but I'd highly recommend him (podcast, too) to anybody mildly interested. If he's not your cup of tea, I can understand -- he can get a bit shrill at times.

Enjoy the peace & quiet whilst you got it, Jamesbo, along w/ the sausage & eggs. Can't wait to get up there, although we are planning a repaint of the den/kitchen/dining room (great room?) area once we settle in. But the result will hopefully be worth the temporary turmoil.

BTW, hear anything about this?

Thanks, Darrell. She's still in the hosp., but relatively steady as she goes... fairly coherent at this time (it's a roller coaster in that dept.).

Pullin' fer ya', Sandy...

Y'all have a fab Thursday, Oldsmomates.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 5th, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Grim, slimy looking day out. Turned out to be nice yesterday, wish it would have continued.

Slow to get going today. I'm in a cycle. I fall asleep watching TV in the evening, can't sleep when I go to bed, tired in the morning. My working nights I think has caught up with me after only 14 years.

Got some errands to run this morning after Awful house. Inside stuff today for sure.

Clint when I moved to Georgia at the ripe old age of 29, I had about had it with winter. Every year it got harder and harder to go out and shovel/run the snow blower. I'd say, I don't know if I can make it through another winter. Now, if it gets below 60 I whine like a little girl.

John the circus looks like fun. Sounds like the venue won't be around to host it too many more years.

Jamesbo no need to envy me. I wish I had a family of my own. I love my dogs but they aren't much in the way of conversation.

Okay gonna drag myself to the Awful house and get the day started. Enjoy Thursday everyone.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Always room for one more

I was just coming home on 75 North through the construction zone in McDonough and saw a GDOT car with a flat tire. Man that thing was shredded. I found that ironic, thought I'd share.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Wonder if he's got their emergency road service on speed dail?
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Cloudy and so warm here today, but it's coming to an end. They just issued the winter storm warning starting tonight and going into Friday night. Rain, snow, sleet, ice... we're gonna get it all. I'm ready to come back to Hotlanta and hybernate, lol! It's still around 60 right now.

Spent the morning doing Steve's filing so it would be done.

Well Dr. Smith has scheduled a lumpectomy and node surgery for me next Wed. the 11th. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am, surgery will be at 10 am. I am not looking forward to it. But he will get the tumor out and they will 'stage' it, so that will have a lot to do with where I go from there. I just want to get the friggin things off!!!!!! We will know more after the tests of the nodes. I have to go for pre admission testing on Tuesday morning.

I tell this stuff to Steve and he just looks at me and nods. Do you think either him or Clay have said 'I hope everything is ok' or "I'm sorry to hear this, can we help"? NOPE!!!! Nothing at all. I hope Steve's friggin heater blows up while I'm gone, lol. **** Brian is the only one who is nice about it, and that's cause he went through cancer himself.... it is what it is. I think I'll be in the hospital 2 days, I'm not sure yet.

So I've been making fudge for Christmas this week, lol. I'm gonna take Lin shopping probably on Saturday, and Sunday I'd like to start making cookies. Gotta get stuff done while I can still use my arm. Larry has been so nice it's sickening, lol! I'm really not used to that. He put up my little Christmas tree last night. He has never offered to help me or anything, before. He's even being nice to Nicole! Too bad it won't last forever. Just temporary. I still haven't got a hug, though.

Larry bought a new pickup truck on line yesterday. From some place in Texas. It's a 2012 GMC 4 WD. It's white. I wouldn't have white, but then it's not up to me. I wish he would have waited until spring like he's been saying all along. I'm really worried about the medical bills. He has no clue. I know what they were like 23 years ago. Cancer is big bucks!!!! What sucks is, I have to meet my deductible and out of pocket and all that crap for this year, then in a couple weeks when the new year starts, I have to meet it all over again. Not fair. It should just continue when it's something like cancer. Money, money, money...... So I'm gonna be responsible for $7,000 out of pocket then the ins. co. will kick in their 80% and I'm still responsible for 20%. Plus the deductible is $1500 each time. Depressing as hell, I say.

I took Tincanio down to the car wash at lunch time. I wanted to get a nice coat of clear coat underneath her before the winter set in. So I got that done. She feels much better now. I really think that clear coat helps with the rust.

Today is 10 years since my bro in law was killed in a car accident. The 10 year anniversary of Chrissy's death fell on Thanksgiving this year. This isn't a good time for us, lol. I forgot to send Jean a flower arrangement. First time. I've always sent her flowers since Bob died. Oh well. Other things on my mind...

Jamesbo..... I'd rather have cats than people around me, lol. I love cats. They're so comforting when they lay there and purr.

Well I better get off here, just wanted to check in. Have a good one! Clint.... you be careful out there!!!
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good afternoon mawnin friends

Warm, wet and raining here. Supposed to be 81* here tomorrow, then start falling gradually during the weekend.

Sandy hang in there.

I bet the DOT guy had a crowd of co-workers watching someone else change his tar Mike

Have a great day all, we are having turkey and dumplins fer supper that I am making in da crockpot. Yummmmmm
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM

Sandy,

On the 11th, I'll be hav'in my brain x-rayed a-gain

My cats [Rather Izzy's cats ] don't sit and purrrr. They swat at each other, chase each other an tear up everything.

Tell Larry, I love white. I've had a white cheby truck for over 40 years [one year or another]
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Was 60 here today, nice weather to have after it was so cold last week. Managed to deal with the back pain and got up most of the Christmas lights, which was a good thing since the kids were getting mad at me for taking so long.

Have a great night Oldsmofriends.
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:21 AM

Mawn'in

Rain'in in de mountains, but warm

Uncle Hulka's car for sale so is nice. I need it like a hole in de head but it's one of a kind IMHO

Sandy, good luck wit de treatment. I'll keep you in my prayers while de examine my head. Did I say, I hate doctors.

Mike, IMHO alot of conversation is over rated. I've found de folks what talk de most listen de least. Where as Red dog listens real good. Especially if it concerns food. But if jes want sum one to blabber wit, I'll give ya Iz's cell #

TGIF Olds friends [I think it's Friday kinda lost count up ere]
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Captain Starfire

Quick "good mawnin'" check-in from da' swamp. Cookie cutter mawnin', same as Thurs & Wed.; but da' rain is on da' way.

Sandy, I'll be thinkin' and prayin' on ya' on Wed.

Jamesbo, WTH is Uncle Hulka? Also, how do you feel about doctors? Good luck with the xray.

BTW, I love white cars (and trucks) too, but they're obviously murder to keep clean ... especially the fascias, with the bugs, tar, and other misc. road debris. At 200k mi., and even in gray, the poor Camry's front fascia is shot from the LA bug-infested environment ... mostly from when the better half drove it daily and left the bugs to bake in the sun for weeks on end. Looks like the poor thing has a real complexion problem....

Darrell, what did you say is the problem with your back?

Scot, that does sound scrumptious. We finished off our bird on Wed... cut up big chunks of breast meat in a huge salad. Not too bad, I must admit -- especially w/ my home-made Caesar dressing.

Y'all have a great Fright Day, Oldsmochums.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 6th, 2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Could you elaborate a little on your family members automobile for this newb?

Darrell you and my missus need to spend the day gettin worked on. She's tossing and turning so much it makes for some pretty poor sleepin. Even with 2 'Little Sumpin sumpins' in me.

Scot. no doubt. I bet they all pull out their shovels too, just for something to lean on.

Sandy, I haven't had a cat in 20+ years. I enjoyed the companionship. Maybe I'll try again someday.

Mike, I'm starting to think like you did. But I haven't found a place yet thats warmer that I would like to live.

Welp. it's -2F again this morning. They cancelled the race on Sunday. The water froze going to the garage last night. I had to find a cord and plug in the heat tape last night. got that going, so now I should be able to water the mules without waking the kid. I haven't seen her since last weekend. She's been in bed by the time I get home.

Have a great day all.