The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2014, 01:58 PM

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you look like a monkey and smell like one too. May your days be sunny and bright Jamsbo.
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi Goodbye.

Got to bed late, woke up to some drama, late for work, haven't had my supper.

Jamesbo I hope your day was a success.

Have a good weekend everyone. John I hope you had good luck at the dentist.
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well, Got to get with it this mornin. the missus forgot her snowpants and haychaps. I woke up with a pinched nerve so I can't turn my head.

Should make for an interesting day.

Have a Friday!
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:05 AM

Rain'in in de mountains. Tanks fer all de berfday wishes
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Last night was miserable at work. Cold and rainy. And to start the evening off I got a face full of Skydrol. Nasty stuff. I should have come home but instead I went and tried washing the stuff off my face and hair, like a ***** in the bathroom of Chick Fil A. I think my one contact melted to my eye. Eh, I'm tough. Off till Monday so that's good.

Clint hope your neck gets to feeling better. What are hay chaps?

S'posed to be rainy most of the day. I think I'll hit the sack for a couple hours then head back up to the airport and get the Saturn cranked up. I was going to do that this morning but the people coming to work are like vultures when it comes to parking spaces. If they see someone going to a car they block the whole aisle so only they can get the space. If you linger I think most of them would come up to your car and start beating on the window.

Have a good weekend everyone. It's gotta be nice somewhere.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Fright Day upon us....

'Twas only 53* at the Plantation this mornin'.... warmin' up fer sure.

Sorry for the neck, Clint. Not much worser than a neck you can't move. Can you take a muscle relaxer or something? Maybe a Naproxen? It couldn't hurt (any worse ).

Mike, sorry I had to learn of Skydrol by hearing you got a face full of it... Hope your eyes are OK. I'm kinda' surprised they don't make you guys wear safety glasses anytime you're within 10 feet of a plane.

Elsie makin' her slow creep in our direction. Spose to get her obese **** here by the evening.

I was in the chair for 2.5 hrs yesterday. The new periodontal surgery is done by laser, and I have to think it is MUCH less invasive and painful than the old scalpel ("flap") method. Actually, the sites where he used the laser are hardly sore... but there was one place he had to actually remove a big chunk of gum tissue ("tuberosity," he referred to it as), and that of course required cutting and stitching. That's really the only real sore place this morning. I just have to remain on a liquid diet thru tomorrow, then stick to soft foods for another 4 days (no steak or salads for a while, among about a thousand other things).

Hope my Oldsmochums have a great Friday.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 10th, 2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:37 AM
CQR

Mike. Hay chaps(or ******) are a heavy leather chap that are shorter than traditional chaps and are looser for more free movement.

Not to be confused with the ever so popular chaps used by those who probably haven't ever been near or on a horse.
http://buttercuppunch.files.wordpres...8/07/10171.jpg

Last edited by CQR; January 10th, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Photo album

Just for kicks & grins, I uploaded this bunch of pic's that the previous owner of my SF sent me when I expressed interest. Quite a few little quirks were hidden between the shots... one hint was how the air cleaner was installed all wackey, and the aftermarket breather in the right valve cover....

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...nvertible.html
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:41 AM

Very nice, the P.O. did a good job, and the blue works quite well with the white paint, which wouldn't be the case if the interior were black...it would have been a bit drab.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

The morning got away from me, lol. Reading and researching.... Cloudy here, temps in the 30's! Feels like a heat wave. We had a couple inches of snow last evening. It was snowing while I was in the hair place. Came out and was surprised! It stopped by 9 pm.

No rain here yet, but looks like it could start at any time. Supposed to be wet tomorrow.

I called the Cleveland Clinic and made an appt for the 23rd to go talk to a plastic surgeon there about something called a DIEP flap reconstruction. It requires a microsurgeon to attach the tiny blood vessels that they take from the abdominal muscle and attatch to the new breast so there is blood flow and the tissue doesn't die. It's the least grueling of all the 'flap' reconstructions I've read about. They just take abdominal tissue and fat, no muscle. So the recovery time is less and the whole thing is just better. I think that Dr. Wagner who I saw in Akron and who I see again next Wednesday was talking about what is called a TRAM flap reconstruction. I know he said I would never do sit ups again, so I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about. From what I'm reading about that surgery, they take the abdominal muscle (at least 2 of the 6 pack that we all have) and pull it up under the skin to make the new breasts out of, it leaves all the blood vessels attached that way, but it's a much more awful surgery and longer recovery time - takes weeks before you can even think about standing straight up - but you don't have to have the microsurgeon to attach the blood vessels or anything. Risk of hernia in the abdominal area is high after this surgery too, because the abdominal wall gets very weak from having no muscle anymore, and sometimes they use that mesh to reinforce the wall. I've heard bad things about that mesh in different parts of the body..... I think I'd rather have the DIEP. I mean what happens to the abdominal wall as I get older, you know?? Gotta be able to bend and move around!

So I'm going to talk to the guy at the Clinic who specializes in this microsurgery and DIEP surgery and see what he says. He got very good patient reviews from what I read online too, and that means a lot!! Will only cost me $40 to talk to him, lol. Only problem with that though is Dr. Smith couldn't do the mastectomies. Some other surgeon probably at the Clinic would have to do that. I'll see.

Then my 'contact' person at CIGNA Ins. called me to see how it was going since we spoke 2 weeks ago. I'm glad they hooked me up with her. Shes an RN and deals with cancer people to help us with billing questions, or any questions, which is nice. I asked her about a couple things today concerning cost and future surgeries I'll have to have that are all part of the reconstruction process. I don't want things on down the road to be billed as 'cosmetic' and not medically necessary. They don't pay for cosmetic surgery. She said those things would fall under the reconstruction surgery blanket and should be paid for. I know there are at least 2 more surgeries after this initial reconstruction, barring any complications with the initial surgery. Gonna be a long process.... and the pictures I'm seeing are just horrible! I know it won't last forever, but looking is pretty scary.

Anyhow, that's where my morning went. Brian went out and got lunch and came back here and ate. I ate my sandwich and went out and walked. A lot of the ice is melting, thank God. They don't put salt down in this complex anywhere. Guess it costs the slumlord to much money, lol.

I'm hoping to get that TV stand from Jr. moved up to Linda's this weekend if it's not raining and Larry has nothing planned. She got her other stuff all cleaned out of the living room, so she's ready for it. It will look nice up there. I don't have anything planned for the weekend. Cleaning, I suppose.

Nicole is going to take the Intrigue over to Dons for an oil change on Monday, then take Tincanio over for me on Wednesday morning. There go my last 2 free oil change coupons of Don's that I won at Bellacino's, lol. They do save money!! Don is just a great guy.

John.... glad your mouth is feeling ok. Nicole goes to the dentist next week too. Couple years ago she had to go to a periodontist to have that clump of skin on the gums above the 2 front teeth cut off. Her braces pushed the skin into a clump and it looked awful. That was painful for her then. My checkup is on the 21st I think. Easy stuff compared to yours, lol.

Clint... hope your neck is feeling better.

Jamesbo... what'd ya do on your berfday??

Mike... don't be blinding yourself!!!

Well you all have a great Friday and stay warm and dry!!
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Always room for one more

John we are supposed to wear safety glasses around the airplane. Hardly anyone does. They are a big pain. They fog up. In the rain you can't see. Lots of excuses. Skydrol is awful stuff but basically harmless. There's a movie somewhere of some guy drinking it. Yikes.

Sandy lots to think about. I would have guessed they'd just put in those silicone implants.

John that sure is a pretty car. You just can't beat a full size car for cruising, and I'm guessing it will get up and move, too.

Clint why do you have to wear hay chaps? Is hay that abrasive? I have a pair of motorcycle chaps that I used to wear when I rode, but I didn't look that good in them. I must have needed the matching top.

Well I slept most of the day. Didn't really want to, but I was tired and it's dismal out so not much to do. I'm going to go back up to work and bring the car home this evening.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yay for Friday! It's nice here for a change and soon the plows will be coming to take away all the windrows of snow.

Mike - what is skydrol? If it melted a contact lens to your eye don't fool around - get checked out.

John - the SF looks great in those pics. How long ago was that?

Originally Posted by CQR
....Not to be confused with the ever so popular chaps used by those who probably haven't ever been near on on a horse.
http://buttercuppunch.files.wordpres...8/07/10171.jpg
Clint - I like the way you think. Now all she needs is her whip and spurs. Yeehaw!!

Yesterday was exciting. I went for curling practice and you won't believe who was also practicing on the next sheet of ice. Team Canada - Jennifer Jones. Wish I could say I taught them something, but no. They're pretty focused on Sochi coming up really soon. I will say that my last draw shot was so perfect i decided to stop and leave on a high note.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Always room for one more

Allan Skydrol is the brand name of the hydraulic fluid in the airplanes. It is a phosphate-ester based oil, burns like a sonofa- but doesn't have a lasting effect. When it gets in the eyes, the accepted treatment is either milk(really) or mineral oil. In fact Monsanto says not to use milk, because you can get an infection from the milk that would be much worse than the Skydrol itself. They say to just use water. I can tell you plain water does not do much good.

We also use HyJet V, which is made by Exxon. Same stuff, different maker. The stuff that used to be used years and years ago would catch fire and burn a plane right out of the sky. Not good for the passengers.

Last edited by slantflat; January 10th, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:17 PM
CQR

Ha. Mike. Thats for sure. But when you do get it on you. that right there is deterrent enough not to do it anytime soon.

Yes. Hay does tear up jeans, and she also works with mix and straight alfalfa. That stuff will shred a pair of carharts in a jiffy. She doesn't wear her ****** all day, but she does use them during deliveries. She will get about 4-5 months out of a pair of work jeans. And she wears them till they're sexy.
Attachment 166434
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That sounds really nasty Mike. Hope there are no lasting effects, and glad to hear you're ok.

LOL - burning a plane out of the sky not good for the passengers??? Crap, don't go scaring me like that. Only another 20 days to go till I find out how good United is for service. Hope they don't have in flight movies like 'Mayday' TV series.

Did you see the news about the small prop job that crashed off Hawaii? One of the passengers filmed the whole thing from just before cabin alarms went off till when they were in the water swimming around. IIRC either the pilot or copilot was killed.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - so y'all like a woman who wears out her knees do ya?? BTW, I love the album you put together for Brit. Didn't realize she was a bench seat originally till I saw that cowl tag. Man she's purty.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:41 PM
CQR

Allan. Yes sir.

Yes. And she(brit) also has Holiday uphosltery instead of the correct Sport coupe stitching. She is not correct, and she is FAR from show condition. But If she were, I wouldn't be driving her cross country.

Allan, I just saw that footage. Actually the reason its news, is the how easily the plane crashed, and out of all the passengers aboard, the only one who died is the lady who certified the presidents birth certificate. I think her name was Vince Foster

Last edited by CQR; January 10th, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Not to mention that 200 4R sure helps with highway. What gears did you put in her?

Huh? I'm not getting the Vince Foster connection. Didn't he die back in the 90's? Funny though about the BC authentication. I didn't think they gave those out in tribal Africa....just dropped them out on their head whilst walking to market..... OOOOOH, now I see how it connects....
Old January 10th, 2014, 03:02 PM
CQR

I still have the factory 3.23:1 in her.
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Captain Starfire

Night, all....

Mike, thanks! Hopefully your eye(s) are no worse for the wear now.

Allan, they were taken right before I bought it, in early '11.

It only has about a thousand more miles on it now than it had then, and has never spent a night outside that I'm aware of....

The guy (or place?) I bought it from had it on consignment for a friend of his. The owner PREVIOUS TO THE FRIEND was the restorer.

The louse I bought it from was a consummate car salesman/dealer, although he'd lie and say he was a "collector." Crock from the word "go." I think he believed his own lies.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:31 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Happy Friday. Fun weather day here today, it was 30 this morning with sleet. Went out to work and it started to rain. Within minutes, the roads turned into skating rinks. Was driving my truck and narrowly missed a 4 car pile up right in front of me. Good thing I'm not a tailgater like many of the morons around here.

On a good note, I am excited about a new product line I'm selling that is an all natural cholesterol lowering agent. Been promoting it for a few weeks now and its getting good results. Still have a ways to go before the business is profitable but I'm working on it.

Jamesbo - sorry I was not on here the last two days and missed your special day. Hope it was a good one.

Mike- hope you're all better and not suffering any more effects from the skydrol.

Sandy - hope that you're able to get the answers to your questions when you see that doctor. It's amazing that insurance will cover a mastecomy, but not the bill to help you regain the look that you had before. Both should be covered.

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Always room for one more

Worm. Wet, rainy, thundering worm.

A storm rolled through about 2 this morning, and of course the dogs went nuts and that was it for sleeping. I got back to bed around 4 but don't think I went back to sleep, maybe just dozed a little.

Darrell I'm all better, thanks. If left alone Skydrol and its effects will go away after a little while. However the immediate sensation encourages you to do something about it immediately. I went and read up on that stuff after I posted and it said repeated exposure may lead to bladder damage. So much for the guy drinking it.

John I knew a girl in high school that would make up bizarre stories and then believe them. That's a real mental condition. This chick was mental for sure. We all thought she was just nuts but then years later I was reading about this condition and I remembered, hey that's exactly like Mary Beth! So maybe your car seller was clinically deficient and not just crooked.

Allan who are you flying when you venture down this way? Don't worry, most airlines are impeccable with their maintenance. I didn't hear about the plane in Hawaii, I'll have to look it up. Clint's synopsis makes it sound rather intriguing.

Full day today. Gotta make up for sleeping all day yesterday. Gonna hit the Awful house now, then when I get back I'm headed back up to the airport to work on the car some more, then gotta scrounge in the garage for a part that I promised someone. The Saturn is being quite a problem. I took a jumper thing up there last night and it barely did anything. I hope my Optima battery isn't toast. Today I'll have jumper cables so I hope that does better.

Have a good Saturday everyone. It's almost 60 here and very foggy.
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Good luck with the Saturn.

John, That sure is nice. Does that have the 394 in it? I don't recognize the block, so I assume it is. Looks like she could use the company in the garage.

Darrell, I'd be interested in some info on that Cholesterol supplement. I'm not sure it would help. I think my body just regulates it to a little higher level tan some. My doc isn't too worried, but even completely changing my diet, it didn't change. I'm right where they used to say was ok, before Big Pharm lobbied to lower the recommended level.

Well, I need to see if I'm going Ice racing tomorrow. Haven't done that in a long while.

Have a day all.
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Captain Starfire

Today's the Battle in Seattle

Mornin', all.... Elsie didn't disappoint during the night.... a real deluge moved through; but ol' Sol is gradually making an appearance. Not too much standing water, surprisingly.

Thanks, Clint. Yes, the '64 SF was std. w/ the 394/345. Those pic's are from the guy in New York, but I think I could stuff one more car in its Ponchatoula bedroom.... .

Mike, that girl sounds straight out of Saturday Night Live.. . The difference b/w your H.S. friend and the guy I bought the car from is that the guy profits financially (and significantly) from his deceits. Anyhow, sounds like you had a little extra sleep in your account from day before, thank goodness. Over here, a cat perched on our front porch during the storm, and our three went berserk; wiffey got up and pulled all the shades down, since the little varmint wouldn't leave.

Sandy, hope all goes well.... you're always in our thoughts & in our prayers.

Have a great weekend, Oldsmofriends.
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Well jes barely mawn'in.

De cow on de flat rock big time in de mountains.

Darrell, What cha selling oatmeal to lower cholesterol?

What did I do on my berfday. Well it was rain'in so hard I jes at on de poach and watched $hit float around in de yard.

Mike, We had a bimbo in High School dat told everyone she was a witch.
I asked her if she wore underpants? She said No, I get a bettter.....

Clint, Is dat a pic of de misses?
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:20 AM
CQR

Yessir, But don't tell her I posted it. She is anti-internet and doesn't like it when I show her off.
Old January 11th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jeepers, here it is Saturday afternoon already. Hope the weekend is going well for everyone.

Clint - I'm kind of like your wife. No not that way - I also don't like posting my pic on the net. She's safe though, ya can't really see anything but one eye, nose and hair.

Mike - United is the carrier there and back. The flight to Hooston is operated by Air Canada on contract to United though. One thing that really bugs me about ALL the airlines, (Air Canada, Delta, United, etc) is they all seem to have different sizing for their carry on luggage. Some say 9"x15"x21.5", others say 9"x15"x22" and others have even 22.5" length dimensions. What is the actual size of the overhead bins and will 9"x15"x 22.5" fit? Because we bought new luggage and the manufacture says the 'carryon' bags (22.5") will fit on ALL airlines. Kind of confoosing - I thought planes were all built the same.
Old January 11th, 2014, 02:31 PM

Morning all, was up nice and early today as Min and I camped in the back yard. First time Min has gone so we figured try the back yard first and see how she goes, it is big enough after all She had a great time and didn't want to come back to the house today but I have to work in the morning so only one night for now.

I think I have the same problem with my dentist Sandy, after the filling it just doesn't feel right now. I might have to try a different one next time too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jamesbo, hope the day went as you planned

I have jeans that I no longer remember where I got them from Clint. That is a really short time for jeans to last lol your secret is safe with us

Enjoy that warmer weather Sandy, I know I have had enough of it

Time to to some yard work, have a great weekend ya'll,

Adrian
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We had rain most of the day but temps were in the 50's! Wish that would last the rest of the winter, lol. Supposed to be in the 20's tonight, 40's tomorrow. Looks like more snow next week.

I cleaned the house and did laundry today. Filled the bird feeders. I swept out the garage to get rid of the water on the floor, since there's no drain out there. There was so much moisture in the air that it never did dry.

The water lines up in the attic broke yesterday. We shut the water off to the garage last week before the arctic freeze, but there must have been some water left in the lines that froze, and when Larry turned the water on again last evening, they broke, and water came pouring down through the kitchen ceiling light!! He was not happy!! We had a mess to clean up in the kitchen. He went up in the attic and found where they broke - the only place where he didn't have insulation laying over the lines, lol. So today he went up there and replaced them. All is good now. I'd rather leave the faucets drip steady when it gets so cold, but he thinks shutting off the water is better. Now that we have that different vent running across the roof, it gets much colder in the attic.

Tomorrow we're gonna take that TV stand up to Lin's. She will be happy!

Mike... I could have implants, but I'd rather go with my own tissue for the rebuild, since that is an option nowadays. If this operation should fail for any reason though, I will get implants. I think that would be the only choice.

Darrell... glad you avoided any mishaps! It was crappy driving early morning here, too. I hope you do well with the new prospect! The Women's Cancer Act requires insurance companies to pay for all stages of mastectomy and reconstruction on the affected breast, and also surgery to make the unaffected breast symetrical to the new one. I'm just not sure if my insurance company will pay for the double, and the flap reconstruction. I've got to check with them. I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem since I have had cancer in both, now. But you never know!! I want to know for sure that all will be taken care of. It's just a nightmare trying to figure all this out.

John... thanks so much and keep the prayers coming! I do believe they are what is making this ordeal go a little smoother for me; that it isn't as bad as it could be.

Clint.... your wife is pretty. And so is Brittany!

Well you all have a good evening. I'm going back to researching and writing questions, lol.
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Was 58 today with some rain. Amazing that it is 50 degrees warmer than two days ago. No wonder why so many people are sick.

Took the kids to see Frozen tonight. They had a pretty good time and enjoyed the movie.

Jamesbo/Clint- I represent a nutraceutical company in NJ that has patented an all natural cholesterol product that is a combination of red yeast rice, plant photosterols and CoQ10. It is clinically shown to reduce LDL numbers by 35-40%. Great for people who can't or don't want to take a statin. If you want more info on it, just let me know and I will PM it to you.

Sandy - hope the insurance company takes care of everything for you. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this.

Well, going to go back to watching some good football. Have a good night everyone.
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Always room for one more

Sunday worm howdy all.

Looks like it will be a nice day today, in the 50s. Yesterday it rained all morning and just when it started getting nice, I went and laid down and slept all damn afternoon and got nothing done.

Went up to the airport last night with jumper cables and tried to get the Saturn started. Got it to crank a little faster but still wouldn't start. So I brought the battery home with me and I'll charge it up and take it to work Monday night. Wish I would have thought of that Friday. Evidently the AGM batteries take a long time to charge.

Allan you'd think all airplanes were made the same, but they are vastly different amongst carriers. As far as Boeing is concerned, each original customer has their own number. Delta's is 32. So a Delta Boeing 757-232 will be different than, say, American's 757-222 or United's. Seats are different, overhead bins are different, some have different door configurations, different galley and lav configurations, different electrical systems, etc. It just depends on what the buyer wants. Wish I could help you with your luggage dilemma. My only advice is don't check anything.

There were a few guys at work had water lines break in their houses this week. I've been lucky and never had that happen. I can only imagine the mess it makes. Especially since to turn my water off I'd have to run out to the street.

Adrian I used to camp in the back yard with my buddies. We'd have the tent set up and an extension cord run out so we could have lights, a fan, a radio, etc. When it was time to wake up in the morning my Mom would let the dog out to come get us.

After the Awful house this morning I'm running down to Summit to get some Royal Purple motor oil for the truck. Might go to the junkyard this afternoon.

Oh almost forgot. Scot the Perry Swap meet is starting to take reservations for April's gig. If you still want to go in on a space let me know. I'm off both days.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Dis server in de mountains sucketh

Letme see, Dis conversation could go in several directions. Clint's wife chaps [nope] John's car [very nice] or red rice? or of course de Awful House

All des years, I said like "white on Rice" Now whtcha no?

Yeah pm me about your producet. I know CO Q 10 bu none of de utter stuff.Ya oughta sell it to Dr. Andrew Weil, he's kinda da natural guru isn't he?

Did I say dis server suckeths
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Beautiful mornin' to all -- as it is in da' Swamp

'Twas low 30s here, but rapidly warming. A gor-joo-us day at da' Plantation.

Intersting about the planes, Mike. I suspected something like that, but never knew for sure. I guess all the emergency exit info sheets would be different, too, depending on carrier? I'm prolly the only nerd in the plane who actually reads those things and really looks around for da' doors. Once a nerd, always....

Anywho, the Black & Gold ended their season yesterday, but I guess they weren't completely humiliated the way they were in December. If they'd have played at all in the first half yesterday -- AND IF they didn't have that fumble, it would have been a real game. But it was too little too late, as if often the case with them. If "if" were a skiff....

Listenin' to some ol' Traffic songs this morning. Boy, dat's good stuff; never gets old.

Thanks, Jamesbo. The interior of the car looks better in the pictures than it does in life. Sumpin' about that digital blue. I still say the car was originally ordered as some kind of dealer promotion or "brass hat" car. It's exactly like the one in the brochure, and has VERY few other options (no air, no tilt, no power antenna, no trunk light, etc... only things you can really SEE from the outside that match what the car in the brochure has. It has the extra-cost wheel covers and cornering lamps. Just one of life's perpetual mysteries: alas, I guess I'll never know.

The Barrett-Jackson in Scotsdale is going on now... that would really be something to see one year. I might try and make it next year. There's a '72 GS St.1 conv't 4-speed w/ air that's beyond words. If it goes for less than about $60, I say it's a deal. It's a body-off resto done by the premier GS restorer in the country (IMHO), Dave Kleiner. Take a gander here.

The mouth surgery is doing way better than I ever thought it would; took a few motrin the day of and after, but never had to take any of the "good stuff" (Vicodin) I was prescribed. Good thing it went well, lest I'd get cold feet for Part Deux next month. I still can't eat "normal" food for another week. Me and the blender are becoming fast best friends.

Whelpt, y'all have a great resto' weekend, Oldsmopals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 12th, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:35 AM

Morning all, cooler yesterday so I mowed the lawn, took 4 hours

Hope all is going well with the treatment Sandy and your insurance company actually does what it is supposed to and pays the bill

Let us know how you go with the Saturn Mike, never fun when you have a flat battery

That GS is a beaut isn't she John. Only problem is it's a convertible and Tink doesn't like them. She rolled a car when she was younger and the only thing that saved her was the roof so now it has to have a roof or she won't get in it.

Tink is due in 2 days time but by the looks on things she will go over. When she does give birth I will be taking a month off work, she says she will be sick of me after 2 weeks

Time for work, have a good week everyone,

Adrian
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Adrian. best wishes to you and Tink. Hope everything comes out all right.

John, glad to hear the pie hole is healing. I never did well on Vicodan or Percocet. Made me feel real bad. and the hallucinations when sleeping were terrible. They gave me Valium once. Now that was alright! I can see why people can get hooked on that.

Darrel, Please pm me some info. I'm interested. I've tried plant sterols before, but interested in the Co Q 10.

Sandy. Bummer on the water lines. What a mess. Hope everything dries out alright.

Allan, She doesn't like per picture taken. period. Really annoys me. Our last family portrait was when my daughter was a baby and I still had hair.

Went Ice racing yesterday. Long day. fared better than I expected in the studded class, but really smelled up the lake with my bare tire performance.

Mike hope the battery takes a charge.

Have a Monday all.
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:17 AM

Chili wit de cow com'in in later in de day

Darrel, Yeah, PM Me too I'm interested in your stuff.

Adrian, Good luck, I didn't realize she was due so soon. Gues time flies

John, She'sa beauty. I like de "Big Wig" story. I think I'd stick to it.

Mike, Ya need my jump box? jes ax

Sandy,Sorry 'bout dem pipes, When I was a property manger, I had a sprinkler pipe bust over a lawyers library. Lucky there was an oriental rug dealer underneith to soak up all the water.

I got a propane leak right where de pipe comes off de tank. So I had to shut it off and wait fer de fuel company to show up. There line is busy. I got a feeling I'm gonna be sitting round all day waiting fer diss to get fixed.
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Odd that I'm up so early on my first day back to work. I have a few errands to run so I'll do that and then come back and go back to bed. Having gotten used to the blasted afternoon nap that shouldn't be a problem.

Went to the junkyard yesterday. Didn't find much. I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order new parts for my van.

Didn't get the oil changed in the truck. Looked all around and couldn't find my ramps, then realized they were holding up another car I was standing next to. Doh! By that time I had taken too long and also had spent some time next door talking with my neighbor. Eh, I'll throw a cheep quart in and worry about it next week.

Thanks Jamesbo. I got the battery on charge now so I hope that will do the trick. When I was a kid I worked at a Chevy dealer and we had these things called Jiffy Jumps. If a car was dead I'd take this thing out and it would jump the car off. It was almost like magic. Well, the Jiffy Jumps all of a sudden started breaking and parts would melt and they'd get all screwed up for no apparent reason. Well the reason turned out that I shouldn't have used them as battery chargers as well.

Good luck with everything Adrian and have fun on your maternity leave.

Okay gotta get moving. My goal is to be back in bed by noon. It might be close. Enjoy the start to the week everyone.
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A little cloudy outside today, had a beautiful sunrise though! Temps around 44. After today, it's all down hill again... rain, snow, night temps in the teens.

Took the TV stand up to Lin's yesterday. She was soooo happy with it! I had to take some Lestoil in a bucket of water and wash all the nicotine off of it..... yuck! The water was just brown..... But it looks real nice up there and she's pleased.

Didn't do much else yesterday, stopped at Wal Mart on the way home from Lins, ate supper at Panini, went home and started reading, researching and writing some more. I think I'm about done. I know what I want to have done if I'm a candidate for it. We shall see!!!

Adrian.... I haven't started any treatments yet. I hope when I do, it will be a pill for the next 5 years instead of the good old IV treatments every week. I can't wait to hear Tink has had the baby!!! She's not on Facebook anymore? At least I haven't seen her on there for quite a while...

So I went out to move Tincanio yesterday morning, and she wouldn't start!!!!! First time that's happened. Cranked over real fast, but wouldn't 'catch'. Tried it a couple times. Went back in and came back out an hour and a half later or so and tried again, and she whirled over real fast and finally caught! Sputtered like she didn't want to stay running so I reved her up and held it there. Backed out of the garage - boy did it stink like she was flooded!!!! Don't know why - didn't give her any gas while trying to start her the first time. Let her idle in the drive a little bit then took her down 91 to run her some. She started right up this morning. No idiot lights came on yesterday. I don't know if something is going on with the fuel pump or something? I hate this new stuff.... you don't have a clue as what to do.

Nicole is going to take her over to Don's Wednesday for an oil change - maybe I should call over there and tell them about this episode and have them see if they can tell if anything is going on with the fuel pump or something.... I don't know. Maybe it was just damp from the rain or something. Started good Saturday when I pulled her in the garage and shut her off....

Well you all have a good Monday!!
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:37 AM
CQR

Lets play "WTH is that?"

Attachment 166378

Heres the lake we were playing on yesterday.

Attachment 166379
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:06 PM

39 ford with a nail head buick