Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Too many projects.... (69 Hurst/ Olds 70 Rallye 350)

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:27 PM
NôôB

Too many projects.... (69 Hurst/ Olds 70 Rallye 350)

So one of them is time to get rid of one of them. Unfortunately neither of them run right now(reasons for that in the information section). I am negotiable on prices but please no tire kicking or low ball offers. Cars are located in San Antonio, Texas. I will not reduce cost just because you need to ship it also, I feel that it should be on the buyer to pay all expenses and should not effect the purchase of the price on the car. I will do my best to accomidate the shipping company but it will be on the buyer to pay costs and set up that arrangement.

Looking at selling either my Rallye 350 Cutlass S Post car (1 of 160) original motor not sure on trans or my 69 Hurst Olds (#343/912est made) non original motor and maybe original transmission, cant find the VIN though.

Information:
Car 1: Rallye 350 (6k)
-Original motor, bored .030 over (motor did something to where it is not running now, have not had time to look at the internals but its not the rod bearing and sounds like top end)
Flat top pistons
69 Hurst Olds cam
original heads
HEI Distributor (Have original one in a box but would need rebuilt)

-Non Original Carb (but correct serial number/build date is close)

-Disc brake (OEM from a 71 Cutlass) conversion done with new stainless steel lines, have original drum spindle that goes with car

-Original (not to the car) OAI hood with Thortons repop air cleaner)

-Bench seat, column shift, automatic, Non A/C

-Pypes X kit with Violator mufflers

-Has its rust issues, only serious thing is the trunk now. (Floor pans need fixed again, trunk needs left side at least replaced) Have replacement doors as well

-Fiberglass rear quarter panels

- no carpet in the car due to getting the front floor pans done

-Transmission was doing something funky when it was running but i still daily drove it (would do a rebuild though)

- Original Rear end (3.23 peg leg)

-Original Spoiler on the trunk still

-Aftermarket Rallye 350 Floor mats that i have not seen besides the one i have.

Car 2: 1969 Hurst/Olds (27K or 30K) Pictures:https://imageshack.com/a/ePiz/1
Car is documented through Demmer list and also have copies of shipping receipts from the Olds factory to Demmer and then from Demmer to the dealer (Sold out of Sam Montgomery Oldsmobile in Houston, Texas)
Originally an A/C car (and from what i have read only 1/3rd of them came equipped with A/C) Does not currently have the A/C parts installed in it but i do have a complete A/C setup from a 70 Cutlass that can be used, minus the condensor that goes in front of the radiator. Never personally had it installed so i am not sure if any of it works or not.(i do have one from a 71 VC but not sure of condition so if you would like that as well i can throw it in)

-Non Original motor or any of the 69 Hurst only motor parts(intake, D heads, etc). No motor installed right now but awaiting new motor install(if motor is out then 27k with the motor that has a spun bearing, if new motor is installed then 3k, have paperwork on new motor build. Moroso oil pan, Holley, or M/T aluminum valve covers (I have one set of each so it would be your choice on which you would like).

-I was told it was original transmission but i cant find the VIN number on the transmission and the tag is worn out to where it is a silver tag

-bucket seats still with the gold stripe headrest

-Sports deluxe wheel

-Rallye pack

-This car also has some rust issues (cowl is pretty bad, trunk weatherstripping tray needs fixed up and the rear passenger side quarter right behind the tire needs to be replaced.

-new suspension was put in about year and a half ago

-Stainless steel lines in the front for the brake system (have the line that is for the front to the rear as well along with the transmission lines)

-I was told a frame off restoration was done about ten years before i bought the car but the gentleman i bought it off of had a nonbreathable car cover on it for 3 years while he was in Afghanistan...

-Mirrors are some chinese aftermarket and the passenger side one is off of the car, does come with the Fusick repops brand new in there boxes. (had some rust issues there and it was wobbling while driving so i removed it.)

I will post pictures of them later tonight as i am at work right now and am unable to access photos, thank you for looking and if you have any questions i can be reached on here, PMs or responses, or email Sicto1983(a)yahoo (dot)com

Last edited by sicky olds; June 18th, 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added more information on the car
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:01 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't sell the H/O, Tom! Please don't!
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
So one of them is time to get rid of one of them. Unfortunately neither of them run right now(reasons for that in the information section). I am negotiable on prices but please no tire kicking or low ball offers. Cars are located in San Antonio, Texas. I will not reduce cost just because you need to ship it also, I feel that it should be on the buyer to pay all expenses and should not effect the purchase of the price on the car. I will do my best to accomidate the shipping company but it will be on the buyer to pay costs and set up that arrangement.

Looking at selling either my Rallye 350 Cutlass S Post car (1 of 160) original motor not sure on trans or my 69 Hurst Olds (#343/912est made) non original motor and maybe original transmission, cant find the VIN though.

Information:
Car 1: Rallye 350 (6k)
-Original motor, bored .030 over (motor did something to where it is not running now, have not had time to look at the internals but its not the rod bearing and sounds like top end)
Flat top pistons
69 Hurst Olds cam
original heads
HEI Distributor (Have original one in a box but would need rebuilt)

-Non Original Carb (but correct serial number/build date is close)

-Disc brake (OEM from a 71 Cutlass) conversion done with new stainless steel lines, have original drum spindle that goes with car

-Original (not to the car) OAI hood with Thortons repop air cleaner)

-Bench seat, column shift, automatic, Non A/C

-Pypes X kit with Violator mufflers

-Has its rust issues, only serious thing is the trunk now. (Floor pans need fixed again, trunk needs left side at least replaced) Have replacement doors as well

-Fiberglass rear quarter panels

- no carpet in the car due to getting the front floor pans done

-Transmission was doing something funky when it was running but i still daily drove it (would do a rebuild though)

- Original Rear end (3.23 peg leg)

-Original Spoiler on the trunk still

-Aftermarket Rallye 350 Floor mats that i have not seen besides the one i have.

Car 2: 1969 Hurst/Olds (27K or 30K)
Car is documented through Demmer list and also have copies of shipping receipts from the Olds factory to Demmer and then from Demmer to the dealer (Sold out of Sam Montgomery Oldsmobile in Houston, Texas)
Originally an A/C car (and from what i have read only 1/3rd of them came equipped with A/C)

-Non Original motor or any of the 69 only motor parts(intake, D heads, etc). No motor installed right now but awaiting new motor install(if motor is out then 27k with the motor that has a spun bearing, if new motor is installed then 3k, have paperwork on new motor build.

-I was told it was original transmission but i cant find the VIN number on the transmission and the tag is worn out to where it is a silver tag

-bucket seats still with the gold stripe headrest

-Sports deluxe wheel

-This car also has some rust issues (cowl is pretty bad, trunk weatherstripping tray needs fixed up and the rear passenger side quarter right behind the tire needs to be replaced.

-new suspension was put in about year and a half ago

-Stainless steel lines in the front for the brake system (have the line that is for the front to the rear as well along with the transmission lines)

-I was told a frame off restoration was done about ten years before i bought the car but the gentleman i bought it off of had a nonbreathable car cover on it for 3 years while he was in Afghanistan...

-Mirrors are some chinese aftermarket and the passenger side one is off of the car (had some rust issues there and it was wobbling while driving so i removed it.)

I will post pictures of them later tonight as i am at work right now and am unable to access photos, thank you for looking and if you have any questions i can be reached on here, PMs or responses, or email Sicto1983(a)yahoo (dot)com

Both cars are nice but, the H/O is a great project. I wish I had the money. Good luck with the sale(s)

Sean
Old March 24th, 2014, 06:25 AM

Wow man sorry to hear that they are up for sale. Good luck with the sale.
Old March 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Administrator

I know it was a tough decision, both cars have a lot of potential. Good luck with your sale Tom.
Old March 24th, 2014, 08:22 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I know it was a tough decision, both cars have a lot of potential. Good luck with your sale Tom.
They do and i have actually found out what was wrong with the Rallye, So it will be up and running by the end of the week (hopefully) and back to daily driving status. It is such a crazy thing that happened that i have to make a whole new thread about it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the cars, and who knows i might just keep them. In the talkings with other individuals about storing the cars for when i go to Vegas and just need to put them on hold (which is so hard) and get everything caught up.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:02 AM
NôôB

Ok so update on the cars, Got the Rallye fired up last night. Ended up being chunks of metal fell into the cylinder and bent my spark plug. Cleaned it out really good and put it back together and fired it up late last night. No more noise but still running funny, we think it is the timing so i will be messing with that tonight.

Hurst is still awaiting motor install and hopefully i will get to it before i leave for my next location
Old June 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM
NôôB

Bump both cars are still available for sale. Hurst is getting transmission rebuilt soon (have the rebuild kit now) and motor is getting installed after the rebuild.

Rallye needs the head rebuilt but other than that its running still.

Both are in still located in San Antonio
Old June 13th, 2014, 06:57 PM

what are you asking for the h/olds or call me tomorrow 813 267 5107 Bob thanks
Old June 13th, 2014, 10:38 PM

To many projects

Do you have any pictures posted of the Hurst Olds. PM sent
thanks Bruce
Old June 16th, 2014, 05:08 PM
NôôB

30k on the Hurst pics here (https://imageshack.com/a/ePiz/1)

Also PMs have been replied to.
Old June 16th, 2014, 06:31 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by theoldsguy
what are you asking for the h/olds or call me tomorrow 813 267 5107 Bob thanks
Tried to call bob but no answer. Might be the time zone differences also
Old March 21st, 2015, 01:21 PM
NôôB

Hurst Sold/traded Nov last year thanks for all the interest