Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Rare 1964 oldsmobile jetstar 1 antique muscle car jetstar1

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM

Rare 1964 oldsmobile jetstar 1 antique muscle car jetstar1

DSC_0051.jpg

For sale. . .Rare 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 1!! I inherited this from my father who passed away this past January and due to losing my job a few months ago, sadly I have to sell this beautiful car. I'm hoping to find a good home for her. I know any new owner will be very pleased with her.

My Dad bought this car in 2007 (This was the first car he and my mom had together when they first got married) and he is the third owner. Currently the car is in excellent shape. When I got it in June I had a complete Tune Up and she runs like a charm. I live in the Pismo Beach area and take it out at least once a week. The looks and thumbs up I get from passer bys are many.

I don't know a whole lot about this model except that only 16,084 were made in 1964. I also found a guy (on the internet) who said that there are less than 100 of these cars still on the road. Again, this is a rare car. I also get "I've never seen a car like this" from people who see me on the road or parked.

I do have some information from the guy who my dad bought the car from (in 2007) and I will quote it word for word below: (I know grammar isn't the best)
"Here's a rare one, 2 owner 1964 Jetstar1 with original 394 engine completely rebuilt due to sitting so long the top end was noisy from being dry. We pulled it and went through it had the crank polished, new pistons, rings, cam and cam bearings, new rod and main bearings, new push rods, also had the valves and seats done. While the engine was out we sent the trans out to a rebuilder to go through it, also replaced all 4 ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, center link, stabilizer ends, front and rear shocks, brakes, etc. Everything under the hood has been painted and detailed to like new condition. The paint on this car is pretty much original. You can see where it has had spot repairs but looks pretty nice. Interior is just about perfect, chrome all looks nice, zero rust in the trunk floor, no obvious rust out on the vehicle that we can see."

Some additional information that my Dad put together. . .
• Body Style -- Holiday Sports Coupe
• Features -- Notchback Sedan: Concave Rear Window
• Interior -- Moroceen Vinyl Bucket Seats with Console
• Paint -- Holiday Red (71335)
• Weight -- 4,028 lbs
• Length -- 216.9 inches
• Wheelbase -- 123 inches with 800 x 14 tires
• Production -- 16,084
• Engine -- Starfire V-8, 394 Cu. In., 345 Horsepower
• Drivetrain -- Rear Wheel Drive
• Transmission -- Three Speed Hydra-Matic
• Suspension -- Coil Springs -- Front and Rear
• Brakes -- 9.5 Inch Drum
• Main Competitor -- Pontiac Grand Prix

What's been done to the vehicle since my dad bought it? From receipts that I have I can see the following was done:
4/28/08 -- Make Spacer Blocks to raise rear of vehicle, install blocks under rear springs and level vehicle. $258.20
4/25/08 -- Clock conversion to quartz. $157.00
4/10/08 -- Purchased 1964 Full size Oldsmobile AM/FM radio & Factory rear Speaker fader installed. $643.95
3/31/08 -- Installed customers 2 mufflers. $87.98
4/15/08 -- Installed front windshield. $434.70
2/4/08 -- Purchased two outside chrome mirrors (both sides) $79.50

What's been done to the vehicle since I got it in June?
Complete tune up, installed two seatbelts in the rear seat (so my wife would okay my boys riding with me, but these can be hidden by tucking them down backside of seat); new battery and I've changed the oil three times.

Current mileage is 69,677. I am asking $11,000 or best reasonable offer. I will only accept cash or bank check. Car is located in Arroyo Grande, CA which is located just south of San Luis Obispo. If you would like to see additional photos or have any questions, please email me at jetstar1_64@yahoo.com and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks for your consideration and Happy Holidays.

Mark

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

218.jpg

230.jpg

232.jpg

231.jpg

236.jpg

Last edited by meads; December 13th, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Pictures did not appear with original post
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You have no idea how much I drooled while looking at the pics of your car. It's an absolutely stunning reflection of the past. So sorry to hear about your Dads passing and your job situation. Hope things start looking up for you soon.
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM

I've always had a thing for the '64 Jetstar I ... just wish i had the $11k to go with it .
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
car guy

Just my .02 It looks like a nice car at a more than fair deal. Leave the used car slick ***** stuff at home and let the car and an accurate description with pictures speak for itself.
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Thanks Allan and 72. Gearhead, I hear you. Not trying to be "slick *****" just trying to give any potential buyer as much info as possible. As I mentioned in the ad, this was information that the guy my dad bought it from gave to him. I do agree though the pictures and the driving speaks better than my written word.
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Ditto

Allan put it eloquently.... my sentiments exactly. Very sorry to hear of your Father's passing (I lost mine in June). But that is one stunning example of a '64 'Star 1. I could see myself becoming an official "collector" when tempted like that! Best of luck!

Originally Posted by Allan R
You have no idea how much I drooled while looking at the pics of your car. It's an absolutely stunning reflection of the past. So sorry to hear about your Dads passing and your job situation. Hope things start looking up for you soon.
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM
delete

Have to give this guy credit, he knows how to photograph a car.
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Oldsdruid

I wish I had a spare $11g laying around. That would look so nice parked with the green Starfire...

And I normally don't much care for red cars, but that one wears it nicely...
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM

WOW beautiful.

This should get 11 Easy. Your dad paid very fine attention to detail...and I love it

His memory will live on in this Jetstar
Old December 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Very pretty car! My second big Olds was a 64 Jetstar 1 many years ago, remembering it led me to the Starfire I have now. Good luck with the sale, seems like a bargain.
Old December 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM

PM sent