Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Another Rallye 350 $11,950

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM

Old April 9th, 2012, 05:30 AM

Yes those were there when this set of decals were installed back in oh maybe 1991. They can still be seen but are very faded on the decals. All the decals are shot anyway on this car so that should not be considered incorrect paint scheme when looking at it. Car is original color with worn decals. That is all I can say.
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
I was told I would have to have it insured for minimum of two years if no tittle
Bill of sale and some other hoops to jump threw. Ill up sickys bid to 6500.
Owner said he would pass on that offer. He is confident he can get more for this car once the right person comes to see it. I did not get out there today to get any pictures. I will get out there tomorrow most likely.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM

You tell him If he wants it to go to a good home and be well cared for by a guy who has always wanted one and is not going to try and flip it but keep it and send updates on the TLC it will be getting Than Im his Man. it will have a nice dry indoor spot. Thanks for checking I was thinking no new's was bad new's If I could see the car and didnt have to pony up another 1000 plus to ship But such is life.
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM

yeah for some reason those orange stripes fade really bad compared to the black ones my car has the original paint and stripes and you can hardly even see the orange ones lol.
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by rocketboy
yeah for some reason those orange stripes fade really bad compared to the black ones my car has the original paint and stripes and you can hardly even see the orange ones lol.
Yeah looking at the pictures in more detail you can see the stripes lol...
And i didnt think that 6500 was a bad price, especially buying site unseen. Mainly due to it has the 455 under the hood, in my opinion that drops the price. My reason for that is if someone is to want a rallye 350 they would want it with a 350 in it lol. probably with the #6 heads, 10.25:1 compression, etc. Maybe that is just me though... Takes away the meaning of the car i guess. Good luck on the sale but i dont think you will get any where near the 12k for it, unrestored. Never seen one sell over 6 if i remember correctly since i bought mine and paid attention.
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
And i didnt think that 6500 was a bad price, especially buying site unseen. Mainly due to it has the 455 under the hood, in my opinion that drops the price. My reason for that is if someone is to want a rallye 350 they would want it with a 350 in it lol. probably with the #6 heads, 10.25:1 compression, etc. Maybe that is just me though... Takes away the meaning of the car i guess. Good luck on the sale but i dont think you will get any where near the 12k for it, unrestored. Never seen one sell over 6 if i remember correctly since i bought mine and paid attention.
Buyers and sellers meet all the time. He is asking what he feels the other cars in the market might be asking for a similar car. Is he on the high side, who knows when the right buyer sees this car and maybe wants that little something extra to start with, more cubes.

For a get in and go driver vehicle, it is in great shape for that. This is not a car to spend the money to restore today. This is a car to just enjoy now and maybe throw a standard repaint on to maintain what is there. I for one would never spend the money to restore this car since the motor is missing and the market for restored ones doesn't seem to go very high.

All this said, he is opening up to other advertising avenues this week to see if he can get more traffic and move this car.
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
NôôB

I understand, and sorry i might seem like i am "attacking" you. I keep forgetting you are selling it for a friend and this is not your's. with that said, in your PERSONAL opinion, what do you think it is worth? I know that me and my friends put 2 very different prices on cars all the time lol.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:04 AM

I understand, and sorry i might seem like i am "attacking" you. I keep forgetting you are selling it for a friend and this is not your's. with that said, in your PERSONAL opinion, what do you think it is worth? I know that me and my friends put 2 very different prices on cars all the time lol.
Didn't take it as an attack..... I want people to remember that it isn't often we run across something that is over 40 years old that doesn't have to be restored to be usable. This car drives really nice just like it is. Does it have some problem areas, yes. It is 40 + years old right. Can you get in it today and just drive it like you stole it and not worry about rock chips on that $10K paint job? You bet because that is the beauty of a car like this one.

All this said, my personal opinion on price will be held so as to not sway people to think that is a real target since I am the one with the posting. If anyone is interested, I will give them his contact information to discuss this car without hesitation.

I know what his targets are and I am sure he can find a buyer that will meet them.

I went to see the car yesterday but didn't have a camera with me. We were ringing out the last of the charging issues by changing the alternator out. So finally the car charges the battery correctly using the external voltage regulator style system. Nothing else will be done to the car before the sale.

Any questions, request for pictures (I know I owe some here already but looking at the color and lighting yesterday it will be very hard to see) or maybe video of the car running anything, I will try to accommodate.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:15 AM
NôôB

Understood about the price thing i was just curious, feel free to PM me what you think it is worth, I wont tell anyone. And not interested due to i already have one lol.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM

You tell him If he wants it to go to a good home and be well cared for by a guy who has always wanted one and is not going to try and flip it but keep it and send updates on the TLC it will be getting Than Im his Man. it will have a nice dry indoor spot. Thanks for checking I was thinking no new's was bad new's If I could see the car and didnt have to pony up another 1000 plus to ship But such is life.

You have PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM

Yeah looking at the pictures in more detail you can see the stripes lol...
Then I would have to say you haven't been paying attention. In the past 6 monyhs, I have NOT seen one sell for under $6K, including a rust bucket in January that sold for $6100. A month ago there were like 6-8 on eBay that all sold in the 7-12K range.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
NôôB

well if that is the case maybe i should sell mine and make profit lol. I only paid 3500 for mine and it is a rust bucket but it is numbers matching lol.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM

I have seen a few for sale but how many have sold ?

Rallye 350
Well, I've been watching the sales of the Rallye 350 for some months now. I placed mine for sale on here last year with little activity, other than "I was going to use your car as a parts car for fine, but your is in better shape than mine".

So this week I check ebay and guess what; there're everywhere!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/oldsm...item20c2a59af3

Not much chance of selling at his "Buy it now!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item2319dde218

About like mine! Should be around $6500 based on other recent sales. I bet it doesn't make reserve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item43ad42def3

Nice car, but I asked about original drivetrain. The reply "It's just a number!" so much for that.

It going to be interesting. I'll wait for the dust to settle then place mine on ebay.

Do you think with all these others for sale it will create interest or detract from it?

The last car you posted about is from MN It has been up for over a year.
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM
NôôB

LOL firefrost what is that? all of those ebay links are no good... There are 3 cars on ebay that are rallye 350s and in completed. The one for 40k which sold neither time and the 2 other have not sold and they werent even 2500... and both of them posted on here at one point.
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM

That is a link That Bkeese had posted . That is funny on his post that I pasted they come up as closed ebay auctions with photo's and listing info ??

Last edited by firefrost gold; April 17th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:07 AM

That is a link That Bkeese had posted . That is funny on his post that I pasted they come up as closed ebay auctions with photo's and listing info ??
Damn, Mary did you just fall off the turnip truck?

Of course all those ebay links are no good that post was from February 16, 2012. All it proves is I've been watch the prices and NONE OF THEM HAVE SOLD FOR UNDER $6K AS YOU STATED.

The $6100 rust bucket closed on October 16, 2011, but that link is bad also, Dah!

One of the cars in my link went to $8500 and didn't meet reserve. Another went to $10400 and didn't meet reserve. Didn't sell but clearly valued more than $6K. Another one sold at $8800, but I lost that bookmark. How do I know when the links are bad, becaused I bookmarked them and those links are still good.

So, I must take exception when someone states "Never seen one sell over 6 if i remember correctly since i bought mine and paid attention." when they clearly have NOT been paying attention.

My one grip about this site is when seemingly knowing individuals purposely low ball someone car to probably steal it. The worst example of that was the W31 StickW31 bought. The guy had 3 hood, tons of parts and a complete car and everyone was telling him it was worth $3-5000. The W31 specific parts alone are worth that, hood (just 1), balancer, intake, carb and dist.

Everyone wants a deal. FireFrost Gold that is what you did with your post.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM

bkeese you have a pm

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...lye-350-a.html

should work now

Last edited by firefrost gold; April 18th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM

firefront gold, all 3 of these Rallyes had buyers willing to pay $8500, $10400 and $13400 but the reserve wasn't met! That's quite a bit more than 6K.
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
NôôB

lol now now kids, calm down and take this arguing offline or in PMs please... The fact isthe seller has his set price that he would like to get out of it and that is fine. If it doesnt sell then maybe he will drop it or keep it longer. I personally feel that the car is not worth the asking price and feel that firefrost's offer was a lil too low but that is how negotiations work.... Who wouldnt try to lowball when buying something? Just my 2 cents and good luck with the sale for your friend w30post
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:51 PM

wow lol, i'll have to side with sicky on this one. this is getting a little out of hand, with all of the non-sense which amounts to nothing. its just a guy trying to help out a friend sale his car, obviously he knows what he wants for the car so make an offer and if its close enough fine if not fine ,but move on then instead of nagging about it. anyways, goodluck W30post with helping your friend.
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Here is my deal I have about 7500 saved was going to us it to start work on my 69 Hurst Olds . Have always like the Rallye 350's Disco colors power strips nice call outs . Now Here comes a nice needing work car I asked some qestions got some info and read some other post on other sites . When the chance to throw a number out I did That was between ME and w30 and his freind If anyone else wanted to up it and trump me and blow my offer out of the water They could have. I would still send
a check or money order on the car I talked to the owner last night and
got more info on the car told him why I offered what i did and so on. This
isnt a Auction were some person is sitting in another state knowing that
with a Buy it now price of 17k thay can play up to 12 to 14 with no real intention of buying. With my offer the worst thing that could happen Is I
get my hopes up and he says "Thanks but no thanks". I didnt run my mouth and say he is out of his mind for his price and and and . I want the
car I have a budget. 6500 plus shipping gets me in the 7500 range I and others know I did put 7500 down first then i thought about shipping and my budget and pulled it back to 6500 . In my world Lo ball is better than No ball. If someone would pic up my E heads k intake and manifolds I have for sale on here I could add 200 to it .
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM

I talked to the owner last night and
got more info on the car told him why I offered what i did and so on.
Hadn't talked with my friend today but was wondering if you had contacted him. I appreciate you at least talking with him as I do not like getting in the middle of a numbers game. That really should be between him and the potential buyer.

I have no problems giving out that information to anyone that wants to talk with him.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM

Got an email from a guy that claims he is not on any of the message boards but wants information on this Rallye.

If any of you passed this car for sale on, I appreciate the help. I just hope this is the case and not a scam of some sort.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
NôôB

Easy way to tell if there a scam is they want to send you a check or money order to include shipping price plus extra. Best way in that case is wait for the check to clear at the bank before you send anything. ALWAYS talk to the person at least once for verification it isnt a bot (computer program) that is writing it. Those are the 2 things that come off the top of my head. Google some othr scam tricks as well to see what you get.

When i bought my rallye, i wired the money straight into their account and i made all the shipping arrangements and paid for it myself.

Either way good luck on the sale for your friend and hope he isnt the type of guy to quick restore and attempt to flip it, but truly love the rallye
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Here is a link to a discussion board I stumbled upon a few years ago when I was in the market for a Rallye 350. Join up!
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...sec=dir&slk=26
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Easy way to tell if there a scam is they want to send you a check or money order to include shipping price plus extra. Best way in that case is wait for the check to clear at the bank before you send anything. ALWAYS talk to the person at least once for verification it isnt a bot (computer program) that is writing it. Those are the 2 things that come off the top of my head. Google some othr scam tricks as well to see what you get.

When i bought my rallye, i wired the money straight into their account and i made all the shipping arrangements and paid for it myself.

Either way good luck on the sale for your friend and hope he isnt the type of guy to quick restore and attempt to flip it, but truly love the rallye
I have had 3 emails from him and so far they seem legit. The last one was asking real questions about the car and asking if my friend had certain paperwork this guy would need for a NJ title for older vehicles.

We shall see.
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM

I've had both 'certified bank checks' and 'postal money orders' that were counterfit, from on line purchases!
Feds came and got 'em!
Just be careful!!
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM

I was just thinking Maybe i still had a chance If it is sold I hope he
joins and updates us . I have not heard back from lance did he say he got
my email ?
Old April 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM

I was just thinking Maybe i still had a chance If it is sold I hope he
joins and updates us . I have not heard back from lance did he say he got
my email ?

I haven't talked with him but I can ask him this week. I have to go pick somethiin up out near his house so I will stop in and see him just for kicks.
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:29 AM

TTT this car is still for sale. $10,900 but still will entertain any offers.

Last edited by W30post; June 29th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Hall of Cars

Looks like an angry poussin!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM

TTT, motivated seller has really dropped the price.

$8500 OBO...

lance(dot)toon@microchip(dot)com is his email, you can get his phone number from there.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:01 AM

Sold and gone to Kentucky. Lucky feller.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:31 PM

Sorry, I missed you James. Was looking forward to seeing you there, but I got there late.
I left KY at 11 est saturday and didnt get there til bout 8:30 got back home the next mornin around 9:30 am and still had to unload it.

That took me another hr because the battery was down and it was outta gas and then the headers were trying to drag.. Wooosh! finally it was over.

Tell Lance my wife loves the car, its just what she wanted for Christmas.

I had the worst luck tryn to get outta Harvest.....lol once i got to Huntsville, it wasnt to bad..

Love the car though and as soon as i get some stuff done to it I will get some pics.
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM

Any ideas as to whats wrong with the rear end, sounds like the pinion bearing.
You think the ring and pinion is ok?
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Oh and I got the car for 8k plus i bought the extra wheels and tires for 200. He was gonna let me have'm for 125 but i thought 200 was fair since i stole the car for 8k...

Don't worry were not gonna flip it, got it for the wife and unless I want a divorce I better keep it.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:06 PM

Congrats on the car!

I don't know that much about prices, but it sounds to me like you got a good deal. Especially if its the car you wanted.

FYI: If anyone else finds a car in the Birmingham area let me know. I'll run over and take pictures for you.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Alabama titles:

Cars built prior to 1975 do not get a title here in Alabama (I wish they did, but they don't). I have bought a couple of older cars and moved them up north with zero issues. My Brother lives in Indiana and he helped the buyers get their Alabama cars (which I sold to them with an Alabama Bill of Sale) registered and titled in their state.

When I buy or sell a car here in Alabama I always copy the seller's, and in some cases, the buyer's, driver's license info and address. I like buying from the seller's at their home and I have even at times, requested a copy of a water bill just to prove the address is legit. I also volunteer the same info. It just aids in tracking people down should an issue arise with registering the car. I have not had an issue yet.

I can get a pre 1975 car registered in my name within twenty-four hours of purchase which aids in ensuring the car doesn't have a checkered past. Since when I register it here the numbers get run through DMV and a registration document is issued to the car. But then Alabama sales taxes must be paid on the car. So, this isn't really a suggested. I prefer to buy registered cars or cars with older documents in the seller's name to ensure an easy registration process. I have yet to buy a field car, so I don't exactly know how that's going to work out. But eventually I am sure I will.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM

I wonder what ever happened to this car ? And why did the photos get removed ?

Quick Reply: Another Rallye 350 $11,950