Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Another Rallye 350 $11,950

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Another Rallye 350 price drop $8,500 OBO

Car is located in Alabama. Pre 1974 Alabama cars do not have title work so this car does not have a title. Buyer will have to find out from their DMV how to title in your state. I am helping a friend list this car. Here is my run down over the last couple weeks and previous work. Owner is asking for me to help screen this. PM me for more pictures and his phone contact if interested
455 car with 350Turbo trans. 3.73:1 rear axle posi. Suspension is 4 wheel drum brake, no power assist but hauls to a stop like any other ride. Rallye350 cars only came in one color and this is it. Car was restored by John Turis of J and D restoration of Huntsville Al. back in the early 80 as his personal car. Original owner has been contacted and still lives in Athens Al. where the car was bought new. Current owner has had me replace the following:
*New rear wheel cylinders installed
*New rear drum spring kit installed
*Fresh brake fluid
*all drums turned
*repacked front wheel bearings
*all shoes look new and glaze was removed before drums installed
* old carpet removed, floors cleaned and coated in POR15 (pictures prove it)
*new carpet installed after kick panels and all firewall holes re-sealed with 3M strip caulk
*Fresh oil change but pictures of oil before draining
*Upper radiator hose changed
*Checked rear axle fluid (full)
*New external voltage regulator
*New modulator on the trans (old one started leaking fluid into carb)
*Cleaned seats, door panels and console before reinstalling
*exterior cleaned and some areas that would polish done. (top surfaces will not polish without wet-sanding and there may not be enough clear left for that)
Completed back in 2004 (only about 300 miles since these were installed)
New master cylinder
New rear springs
New water pump
New fan clutch
Plugs changed
Qjet rebuilt and electric choke installed
Interior

Brakes

Floors

Drivers

Passenger

Last edited by W30post; December 3rd, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM

were is the car? do you have more pictures of the it under hood ? Was the floor
board getting thin or why the por 14 ? DId you do both sides or just one ?
does it have the ram air parts ? Did rallye's come with th-350 or 400's? Is that rust on the driver side fender down low ?
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
were is the car? do you have more pictures of the it under hood ? Was the floor
board getting thin or why the por 14 ? DId you do both sides or just one ?
does it have the ram air parts ? Did rallye's come with th-350 or 400's? Is that rust on the driver side fender down low ?
Floors got some damage from kick panel leaks and wet carpet, only inside got covered. No OAI stuff around. Car is in North Alabama. Yes driver's fender has rust in the lower area.
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:57 AM

I didn't answer 350T or 400. I was told 350 T from owner. It could be a 400. Modulator sticks straight out the back on the passengers side.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:31 AM

The T350 pan is square (rectangle) and the T400 looks like Texas. Rallyes came with a T350 only.
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
NôôB

If that is a cutlass S one thats the rarest to get, only 160 made there. I would suggest a pic of the cowl tag also . And when they repainted it do you know why they didnt go to the original color? Mine was painted almost the same why (missing the orange/red accents)
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
If that is a cutlass S one thats the rarest to get, only 160 made there. I would suggest a pic of the cowl tag also . And when they repainted it do you know why they didnt go to the original color? Mine was painted almost the same why (missing the orange/red accents)
Accent colors on the decals faded away. I have a picture of the body tag is anyone want to see it. I have 5 pages of pictures on photobucket for this car.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM
NôôB

ah that was more of a curious thing on my part for the decals . I think when they did mine they just painted black stripes lol. Also is that the OAI hood or repop? I think i see where the wire mesh is but that would be something i would add to your ad to help sell it. Good luck on the sale btw, i do love mine and wish i could drive it lol.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
ah that was more of a curious thing on my part for the decals . I think when they did mine they just painted black stripes lol. Also is that the OAI hood or repop? I think i see where the wire mesh is but that would be something i would add to your ad to help sell it. Good luck on the sale btw, i do love mine and wish i could drive it lol.
This is the factory hood for this car, not a reproduction. The wire mesh was pulled off some time in the past.
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:21 AM

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2886779749.html

For any of you guys wondering more about the Rallye 350 option selling down south. here is a cleaner version for sale in Atl.

Many of you know on this board that the Rallye 350 option was a one year only option. It started out on the drawing board as the 70 Hurst Olds but was dropped back to a 350 drivetrain for insurance purposes. This is a rare vehicle.

Dealer order forms with the current owner shows that this VIN numbered car is a true, Rallye350 option code W45 car.
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM

So quite a few views and I have had very few questions. Here is what I'm going to do to try to get more interest.

Here is my entire set of pictures of the car while I was working on it. If you have any interest, please ask questions. He will entertain any offer.

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...20350%20Album/
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:22 AM

In the pictures, I inadvertently show that the clock works. Picture 7 and 64 show the difference in time.

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by W30post
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2886779749.html

For any of you guys wondering more about the Rallye 350 option selling down south. here is a cleaner version for sale in Atl.

Many of you know on this board that the Rallye 350 option was a one year only option. It started out on the drawing board as the 70 Hurst Olds but was dropped back to a 350 drivetrain for insurance purposes. This is a rare vehicle.

Dealer order forms with the current owner shows that this VIN numbered car is a true, Rallye350 option code W45 car.
Orlando phone number and Atlanta Craiglist????
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I had not noticed that.
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:13 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Not that uncommon. I usually advertise Dallas, OKC, Austin when I have something for sale.
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Not that uncommon. I usually advertise Dallas, OKC, Austin when I have something for sale.
I guess you're right Richard. I just didn't want anyone to ask me to take a look at it. I don't do Disney World.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM

i just wanted to add going by what sicky olds wrote the cutlass s is the on they made the most of with 2527 being made then would be the f-85 club coupe (a post car with moldings on the post, which is what i have) with 1020 being made and the rarest is the f-85 sport coupe with 160 being made (which is a post car with no moldings on the post). just for the record for those that dont know.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
NôôB

Actually your wrong... Cutlass s was the rarest... Theres documentation on that... Cutlass s was only 160. see thread linked below

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-350-info.html

Last edited by sicky olds; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added proof
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM

the sports coupe is a post car, a holiday coupe is a non post car. this car above obviously does not have a post making it one of the 2527 built.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by rocketboy
the sports coupe is a post car, a holiday coupe is a non post car. this car above obviously does not have a post making it one of the 2527 built.
the sports car was a cutlass not an f-85 lol. and it was 2367 that was made not 2527. but the fact is that we are arguing the same point on this one. according to his cowl tag it is the common one.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM

I always thought the Cutlass S model was the one they made the most of. My dad has 2 1970 Rallye 350's and they are both the cutlass S model.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
NôôB

Look at the link I posted. Jensen got documents from oldsmobile with the production numbers. Look at the penned in numbers and that is the start of the cowl tag identification
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM

ok ill agree with you on that, other than this car being a rallye 350 its not a rare one. is your car a post car? mine is a post with the moldings on them and has cutlass on the fenders a f-85 on the dash, which makes it one of the 1,020. and yes the cutlass s is the one they made the most of (it has no post).
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM

Factor in the w-31 post rallye 350 and then you might have something
There was a local guy who had a four speed rallye f-85 no power brakes or steering . Rubber floor mat He ran it at one of the fast or pure stock races the thing sounded Killer when he bumped it off High idle . Is there a rallye registry
with number and how many might be left?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by rocketboy
ok ill agree with you on that, other than this car being a rallye 350 its not a rare one. is your car a post car? mine is a post with the moldings on them and has cutlass on the fenders a f-85 on the dash, which makes it one of the 1,020. and yes the cutlass s is the one they made the most of (it has no post).
Yes mine is a cutlass s post car. The one of 160 like I been trying to say lol.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
NôôB

Factor in the w-31 post rallye 350 and then you might have something
There was a local guy who had a four speed rallye f-85 no power brakes or steering . Rubber floor mat He ran it at one of the fast or pure stock races the thing sounded Killer when he bumped it off High idle . Is there a rallye registry
with number and how many might be left?
no not that I know of for registry. And from what I know there was no w-31 rallye 350 cause this was the w45 package. But I could be wrong
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM

You got a thread on that yellow car sicky? I wish this ralley was closer to get a good look at it and not have to have it shipped .
Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
NôôB

if you look in my sig block i have the link for it on the line with the rallye posted. says restore thread. not much being doing to it due to working on the 69 to get it at least running lol.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM

You got a thread on that yellow car sicky? I wish this ralley was closer to get a good look at it and not have to have it shipped .
Sorry I had not noticed the thread moving along like it has.

Firefrost, if there is anything you want to see better pictures of or have questions about, just ask and I will get them for you.

New alternator went on last week since we found that 3 of the 6 diodes were bad.
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Cutlass S Holiday, body #3687 is the hardtop
Cutlass S Sport Coupe, body #3677 is the 2 door post(rarest at 160)
F85 Sport Coupe, body #3277 is a 2 door post. F85 will have Cutlass on fenders and F85 on glove compartment.
Body # will be in VIN and data plate.
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:22 AM

Clearly from the pictures this is a Holiday Coupe car that there were more built.

After reading around on some other ads, is the reason I am getting little feedback or interest because I am listing for a friend and he is not in here listing it for himself?

I want the car to go to an Olds enthusiast because I am tired of seeing it sit. He used to be but now has lost interest in the car. Let's help him move this thing.

Any offers will be entertained.
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by W30post
Clearly from the pictures this is a Holiday Coupe car that there were more built.

we knew that we were arguing something else i think...

After reading around on some other ads, is the reason I am getting little feedback or interest because I am listing for a friend and he is not in here listing it for himself?
I wouldnt see the prblem with that... The thing is, from what i see with Rallye's, is there a hit or miss. You either love them or hate them, there isnt really an in between...

I want the car to go to an Olds enthusiast because I am tired of seeing it sit. He used to be but now has lost interest in the car. Let's help him move this thing.

I would love to see this go to an olds entusiast as well, these cars are amazing i think, cool history behind them and definitely unique. If i had the space money or not already had enough projects (including a rallye) i would take it

Any offers will be entertained. $1 J/K
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM

I would have to agree the rallyes are a hit or miss type car as yellow is not for everyone, plus the fact that there is no title or the original motor. in my opinion that hurts it bit.
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM

I was told I would have to have it insured for minimum of two years if no tittle
Bill of sale and some other hoops to jump threw. Ill up sickys bid to 6500.

Last edited by firefrost gold; April 4th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM

I was told I would have to have it insured for minimum of two years if no tittle
That is a non-shipped price right. I'll put it front of him.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
NôôB

stops copsyings me on my cars lol. But seriously... This seems like right around the price to as for. My reasons are due to this car being non numbers matching (not even the right size motor), def needing a paint job (paint scheme not correct), not being one of the rare ones (post or 4 speed manual).

On the other side of the coin; it is nicely optioned, Original OAI hood, Tich tach tock option, dual gate shifter and bucket seats...

Good luck and hope you guys come to an agreement, and at least on this car Firefrost there are no impossible parts to find lol (IE d-heads, custom intake, its own mirrors, etc.)
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM

I saw on real olds power you stated it has roof and quarter damage from
a power line hitting it can I get better shots of that and the front fender rust and rear quarter rust THanks.
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM

I saw on real olds power you stated it has roof and quarter damage from
a power line hitting it can I get better shots of that and the front fender rust and rear quarter rust THanks.
The damage was from something hitting the car. It dented it but no paint was lost. These could be easily be pushed out before a new coat of paint.

I will see what I can do. I am supposed to see the car again tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sicky, what is wrong with the paint scheme? As I discussed earlier the decals have faded. He claims to have a set that will go with the car when it is sold. He just hasn't put his hands on them since the move a couple years ago.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:53 PM
NôôB

There is supposed to be like red accents. Look up rallye 350 on google and you wil see what I mean
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM

are you talking about the orange stripe under the black stripes?

Quick Reply: Another Rallye 350 $11,950