Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

73 cutlass supreme

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM

73 cutlass supreme

A friend of mine has a 73 cutlass supreme notch back for sale. It is a Wisconsin car, showing some signs of cancer, but is overall structurally sound. Wheel houses are solid. Quarters look to have been reworked but solid. surface rust inside trunk. The story I was told is that an old lady owned it most of its life. Some kid got his hands on it, threw a kit in the trans, a big cam in it and proceeded to go out and throw out a rod in a 14k original car. I'm guessing it's closer to 114. doors are solid. factory buckets, console, 4bbl 350/th350. he has $5200 in the unit and is trying to recoup costs. If any one is curious PM me and I will send pics.
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM

Its actually a 74

Last edited by csstrux; February 14th, 2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM

1974 Cutlass

Sadly, I think your friend will have trouble getting that much out of it. If you haven't found the site focused on this vintage you might try posting an ad there too. http://www.73-77olds.com/index.php Good Luck!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM

Sadly, I think your friend will have trouble getting that much out of it.
I agree.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:37 PM

That is my feeling as well. But I told him I would post it, and see what happens. Does any body know what something like this is actually worth? I have a number in my head, but I don't want to be the guy to break the news to him. He has too much on his plate as it is as far as problems go. Also if there are any ford guys on the board, he has a shell of i think a 66 fairlane that is in his shop that looks beautiful. Redone but only the shell as I understand. Info is third hand on that one.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Sadly, I think your friend will have trouble getting that much out of it. If you haven't found the site focused on this vintage you might try posting an ad there too. http://www.73-77olds.com/index.php Good Luck!
Thanks for the heads up I will try posting it there too
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM

Oldsguy just bought a pristine 76 Cutlass for less than $5200. He has a post up about it if you want to check it out. It is supposed to be immaculate. That might give you an idea on where to start pricing.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Oldsguy just bought a pristine 76 Cutlass for less than $5200. He has a post up about it if you want to check it out. It is supposed to be immaculate. That might give you an idea on where to start pricing.
thx I will try to find it
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Am I reading that right, it threw a rod ? So it needs a motor ? Sorry for the bad news but he`ll be lucky to get a $1000.00 for it needing a motor.
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by DennisG.
Am I reading that right, it threw a rod ? So it needs a motor ? Sorry for the bad news but he`ll be lucky to get a $1000.00 for it needing a motor.
I was thinking a little more generously myself, but I know the guy. I feel a little sorry for him too. Thank you for the input. I would like to hear from any one else who might have an opinion as well, so I can get him a good round figure. May be he will be willing to off load it for a better number. Are there any mid 70's fans out there?
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by csstrux
I was thinking a little more generously myself, but I know the guy. I feel a little sorry for him too. Thank you for the input. I would like to hear from any one else who might have an opinion as well, so I can get him a good round figure. May be he will be willing to off load it for a better number. Are there any mid 70's fans out there?
I understand and did not mean it to be an insult. Try this board here and see if it stirs up any interest.

http://www.73-77olds.com/forums/index.php

Good luck.

Dennis
Old August 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by DennisG.
I understand and did not mean it to be an insult. Try this board here and see if it stirs up any interest.

http://www.73-77olds.com/forums/index.php

Good luck.

Dennis
No offense taken. I checked out that site It would seem he really got taken. It's too bad, the car is pretty nice, but not that nice. it would seem the car would have to be in perfect running order to be worth anything. I really don't know how to break it to him though. He has a 455 that he wanted to put in it, I think I will suggest that he just put it together and keep it as he has better than twice what it's worth in it already.
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM

I finaly got with jim on the price for this thing. He has dropped the price to $4500 and is throwing in the 455. all I know about it is that it has c heads. I asked him about just the engine, but will not seperate. Maybe some one can make some money parting this puppy out. I already cut one car apart that I got from him. and I don't have the money right now any way. I think he might be flexable on price now.