Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 Convertible $4,900 USD

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2017, 04:39 PM

NO LONGER FOR SALE: 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 Convertible $4,900 USD

Car is NO Longer for sale

I'm selling off my Oldsmobiles.
I am selling my 1964 Jetstar 88 convertible.

I purchased this car over a decade ago and had intended to restore it but never got around to it. I have simply enjoyed it as a daily driver.

It has the factory 330ci engine and runs fine when warmed up. I updated the distributor to an hei replaced the carburetor with a factory rebuilt unit and put on a new choke. The carb and choke both need a bit of adjustment.

The car is in overall fair/good shape and could use a restoration or just some cleaning up. It is ready to go as a daily driver. Just jump in and go.

The current color is Tahitian Yellow but it looks as though it was painted blue at one time.

There are a few things that would need attention if you ever expect it to garnish a trophy at the local car show.
The Hagerty valuation of the 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 Convertible is $10,700 for a car in #4 "Fair" condition.

While I would consider this a #4 car, the asking price on this car is well below the #4 value

Odometer reads 30,184 so I'm guessing it is actually 130,184 miles.

The BAD:
*There is some surface rust in places (deck lid, quarters, bottom of doors)
*The passenger side hydraulic cylinder (or the hose fitting) is leaking making it difficult to automatically put the top up and down.
*It has some major rust through in the rear driver-side of the frame that could use a patch. It is behind all of the suspension mounts so it is not in a critical location.
*There is a patch toward the driver-side front of the frame that a previous owner welded in.
*The doors are a bit hard to close...strike plate adjustment?
*The door "fuzzies" on the passenger side are missing---but I have an extra fuzzie strip.
*The interior is a bit weathered as the top of the back seat is cracked and worn.
*There is 1 crack in the middle of the dash.
*Steering wheel has cracks in it
*Horn currently not working
*The radio does not work
*There is no glove box liner
*The rear bumper has some rust through
*The speedometer seems to be about 10 mph over the actual speed
*There are a few small holes (the size of a nickel) along the seams on the top.
*Brake light stays on because the brake pedal does not come all the way back all of the time (probable just need to adjust the brake light switch)

The GOOD:
*New sway bar bushings
*New Transmission filter and fluid changes
*New HEI distributor, plugs and plug wires
*New factory rebuilt carburetor. Old carburetor will be included.
*New alternator
*New Choke
*Power steering works great....can easily steer/turn car with your pinky
*Power Brakes work fine

The car currently has 1970s Olds Rally wheels on it that will be included with the car along with the original wheels and hubcaps pictured with the car.

I can hold onto the car for a month or so while shipping arrangements are made (i've bought and sold and shipped vehicles before. I know that not being in a rush can save you some money)

I will only ship to the Continental US. If you want to purchase the car and require it to be shipped overseas, you will need to contact me first.

The car is located in Southeast Ohio near Athens and is available for inspection/Test drive.

The 2 Dynamic 88 Oldsmobiles in the pictures are also for sale.

PM me or call me at 740-eightyone 8-seventy foour siXty fiive for more information/pictures.

Once I sell My cars, I will begin clearing out my extra parts - I will NOT part out the cars at this time. so please don't ask.

Thank for looking,

Dan

Last edited by dharlett; November 21st, 2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: No Longer for sale
Old November 7th, 2017, 07:35 AM

I'm amazed that you have had no responses. Nice car, but I'm trying to sell my 1964 Ninety-Eight. It's posted here in the classifieds.
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:31 AM

Thanks Bill...Not enough love for the '64 Oldsmobiles out there. :-(
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:38 AM

We are a rare breed nowadays, but I still think that the '64 Oldsmobiles are one of the best looking cars out there.
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:53 AM

Cool car Dan. GLWS!
Old November 21st, 2017, 09:12 AM

Sorry, but this car is no longer for sale....That price was too low and I'm not going to give it away at that price. I now plan on doing a mild restoration of the car. I won't be getting started right away but I will post pics when i do
Old November 21st, 2017, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the update Dan. Let us know how the project is coming along.