where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM

where to buy?

sooooooooooo my car needs a LH quarter skin,outer wheelhouse,trunk drop. i need suggestions about where to buy these parts? ive checked with my local classic car parts place, and didnt care for his attitude cause my car isnt a camaro or a chevelle...his prices werent all that great either.who has the best parts? parts are for a 71 cutlass "S"

thanks!!
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Heeeerrrre ya go leadfoot

Originally Posted by leadfoot067
sooooooooooo my car needs a LH quarter skin,outer wheelhouse,trunk drop. i need suggestions about where to buy these parts? ive checked with my local classic car parts place, and didnt care for his attitude cause my car isnt a camaro or a chevelle...his prices werent all that great either.who has the best parts? parts are for a 71 cutlass "S"

thanks!!
There's a fair number of places: Fusicks, Parts Place, Year One, Tamraz, The Paddock, GM Restorations Parts, Original Parts Group, S&S Classic, WSC Motorsports to name some. They pretty much all have the parts you're looking for. Most are made by the same offshore manufacturers, so shop and compare on prices. You might get a break on shipping if you get everything from one source. There is another one: BAP, but I've been burned 2X by them and most of the feedback on this site about Brothers Automotive Products is very negative.

Also, don't recommend Billlions and Trillions. His "guru" prices are outrageous, and what he classifies as mint is usually junk. Hope this is helpful. Like I said, there's lots of places to get parts for your 71 Cutlass. Almost all these sites have downloadable catalogues you can use a search engine on.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM

ive looked at most of the places online...just wasnt sure..and wanted opinions...thank you
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by Allan R
There's a fair number of places: Fusicks, Parts Place, Year One, Tamraz, The Paddock, GM Restorations Parts, Original Parts Group, S&S Classic, WSC Motorsports to name some. They pretty much all have the parts you're looking for. Most are made by the same offshore manufacturers, so shop and compare on prices. You might get a break on shipping if you get everything from one source. There is another one: BAP, but I've been burned 2X by them and most of the feedback on this site about Brothers Automotive Products is very negative.

Also, don't recommend Billlions and Trillions. His "guru" prices are outrageous, and what he classifies as mint is usually junk. Hope this is helpful. Like I said, there's lots of places to get parts for your 71 Cutlass. Almost all these sites have downloadable catalogues you can use a search engine on.
some of these places I should check out for parts several I alreaddy know of but one I am shocked it was mentioned at all.Billlions and Trillions is a no no I should know https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ts-dealer.html
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by leadfoot067
ive looked at most of the places online...just wasnt sure..and wanted opinions...thank you
I've used all the ones I've listed. The only ones that were kind of slow were Parts Place and GM Restoration Parts. BAP was outrageously slow and overpriced. I've found that OPG and Year One prices tend to be a little higher in more areas. Fusicks and Tamraz have good deals and quick shipping. No issues with quality or fitment on any of the parts I've bought. I'm at the stage where I'm just looking for small detail parts; all the major body work has been done.

You might find some good parts just searching the web, parts for sale mags (HMN). Ebay is really popular too. Only thing about web shopping for used parts is the camera doesn't always show you exactly what you're getting some of the time. It sounds like you have a good handle on things, so I'll leave it here.

All the best with your project. Post some pictures of what you're starting with. It's exciting for lots of us to see another Olds being brought back from the edge. We call it community sharing. Don't be put off by some suggestions that will inevitably come your way; it's all meant to be helpful based on our experiences.