Valve stem lengths?

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2024, 04:14 PM

Valve stem lengths?

Good evening all,
I would like to thank everyone who's had given me advice in the past.
I have found by buying new bare heads I am learning a great deal about the assembly process but the more I learn the more questions I have.
I recently received my new valves and was confused on why the intake and exhaust were different lengths. I did as much research as I could from numerous sights "including this one" and from what I understand the exhaust valves are longer because of the margin on the seat and when machined correctly should give you the same valve tip length between intake and exhaust valves from the spring base to the end of the valve stem tip. I have found I have .030 difference between my exhaust and intake valves. The exhaust valves are the longer ones.should I be concerned about geometry? or will using hydraulic roller lifters and adjustable full roller rockers make up for the difference while using the same length pushrods? I have also heard you can have the valve tips ground down to make them all match. but they are hardend and will grinding the exhaust tips .030 to match weaken the tip?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Last edited by Bgdaddy455; February 24th, 2024 at 04:18 PM.