Wheels and Tires Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

chrome super stock I wheels

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM

chrome super stock I wheels

Has any one had any experience with the after-market super stock I all chrome wheels.I have had balancing problems and actually had a bent rim.These wheels came from specalty wheels.They were balanced thru the bolt -lug holes as spesified by the manufacter.Still have a shimmy problem.I rplaced two of these rim s with wheels from coker who said they get their ssI all chrome rims from specialty.Out of the two rims i got,one seems ok, but the other took 7oz of weight to balance and now i have the shimmy problem again.If i put my stock SS II back on the shimmy goes away.Any one else have any problems with this wheel.Thanks, Scott
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM

My daughter has them on her '68 and hasn't complained of any problems. We even tested them on my '70 last weekend to see how they would look; went about 40 miles, both highway and city with no problem. Not sure what is causing your issue.
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM

I have read on the web about problems from some suppliers. Maybe someone else can comment but I was considering them and will be picky about the company I use. Specialty is one of the better companies. Sorry to hear about your problem but that was my concern, some complaints were egg shaped which I cannot picture. Must be slight.

Lee